Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unifi Secure Gateway performance on Eir FTTH

Options
  • 01-04-2020 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, has anyone tried the Ubiquiti USG (3 port) on Eir FTTH? I've seen mixed reports on the speed and performance. Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I use USG on my 1GB FTTH and encounter no issues, perfectly steady/stable connection.

Out of interested what mixed reports have you found?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TopHat2

Some reports of not attaining the full bandwidth but mostly that it maxes out with limited number of simultaneous connections. Can I ask what settings you used? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've attached the settings I use on the WAN

I had a static IP on my DSL which was carried over to my FTTH and therefor I use PPPOE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Many servers can't maintain that kind of speed to the client at the best of times. And this is far from the best of times.

Thanks Headshot.

Tuxy, the question doesn't really have anything to do with current situation, its to do with the router falling over due to too many simultaneous connections.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

In that case that router has been flawless for ftth for me.

Thanks Tuxy, I think with two positives I'll give it a go! Cheers.

Yeah it works perfectly for FTTH it is over priced though, you could get many cheaper devices that do the same job. I don't find the packet inspection all that interesting but it does integrate into the Unifi user interface very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

You’re guys in luck, I have a UDM Pro, keep having speed issues !

Even when I don’t have DPI and IPS on... (but only 500/600Mbps when on)...

Advertisement