Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Difficulties paying my insurer

• 01-04-2020 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI everybody ... I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with some advice about a situation .

A few weeks ago I got in a minor accident in my house estate.
    It was early morning and the street I was on was icy, i lost control of the car so I skid into another cars bumper.

I am a learner driver and I did not have a full license driver with me, it was just me and my 2 daughters in the back as I was bringing them to school.

Now the claim for that cars damage is 3.645 € (it didn't seem like the damage was this bad, as it was only the bumper, it came off) and my insurance handled it, except now I have to pay all this amount back to my insurance company because I did not have a full license driver with me at the time of accident

I am single mum, now out of job and there is no way I have this amount to pay them, I am barely surviving.

I am just wondering maybe someone has been in a situation similar to this, any advice, or anything I could do, anything at all I can do in this situation?
    Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is nothing anyone here can do.
    Since you are already in contact with your insurance company just keep talking to them and things will work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Insurers are taking a hard line on this at the minute. Ask for a repayment plan, they won't write off the debt, but they should agree to a reasonable monthly amount

Advertisement