Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is The Range still open

Options
  • 01-04-2020 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Someone just told me it is

Trying to work out if any DIY places are still open or is it just supermarkets ?

My vacuum and my blender both died yesterday & trying to source online is a nightmare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

021 4354733 if you want to give them a call.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

TheChizler wrote: »
    021 4354733 if you want to give them a call.

:)

Thanks, badly phrased as my phone is about the only thing that didnt die yesterday :rolleyes:

Meant more, apart from possibly The Range, is there anything else open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Woodies and B&Q are both closed.

My bet will be that the range is closed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The range is open , they have an extensive range of pet foods so are probably using this to stay open. Very limited numbers being left in queue is 100m long at times.

Their range of electrical goods is limited at best and quality would be so/so.

Soundstore online shop and delivery still going, would be more inclined to use them or similar.

The range is open , they have an extensive range of pet foods so are probably using this to stay open. Very limited numbers being left in queue is 100m long at times.

Their range of electrical goods is limited at best and quality would be so/so.

Soundstore online shop and delivery still going, would be more inclined to use them or similar.

Cool, Soundstore online will do nicely...dont really fancy queing with the great unwashed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Cool, Soundstore online will do nicely...dont really fancy queing with the great unwashed :D

Currys are doing online with delivery too.
    Personally I'd rather shop in Soundstore too tho

.red. wrote: »
    Currys are doing online with delivery too.
    Personally I'd rather shop in Soundstore too tho

Yeh, both have a minimum €5.99 delivery which is a pity....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yeh, both have a minimum €5.99 delivery which is a pity....

At least you might have a chance of talking soundstore around to drop it, with currys you have no chance. Soundstore warehouse is in Togher too, so you could always offer to pay over phone and do a no contact pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Soundstore warehouse is in Togher too, so you could always offer to pay over phone and do a no contact pickup.

I'm not sure they'd be allowed to do this.

Going to pick up appliances isn't one of the listed reasons to be allowed leave your home.

I needed to work yesterday (I'm officially allowed to) and I was pleased to be stopped by An Gardaí and asked where I was going.

I'm not sure they'd be allowed to do this.

Going to pick up appluanced isn't one of the listed reasons to be allowed leave your home.

I needed to work yesterday (I'm officially allowed to) and I was pleased to be stopped by An Gardaí and asked where I was going.

The warehouse won't be manned so not an option. To be honest I'm happier to have it delivered than go out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Please support local if you can at this time. It will make a huge difference.

The fact that the range are open at all says enough about them I think. (Their stuff if pure junk for the most part also).

Dunnes have hoovers sometimes, I've seen blenders there too the odd time. Maybe give them a ring. Cheap stuff but it might tide you over until its easier to get better one's.

Dunnes have hoovers sometimes, I've seen blenders there too the odd time. Maybe give them a ring. Cheap stuff but it might tide you over until its easier to get better one's.

Thanks, I can live without a hoover until I get a decent one - kids with brooms work remarkably well ;) but I'll source the blender from Dunnes or Tesco (although there's been a run on them as well !)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tesco usually have a good selection of vacuums

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Is it not just the supermarket part of Dunne's that's open?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it not just the supermarket part of Dunne's that's open?

They’re normally in the supermarket part.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

RINO87 wrote: »
    The fact that the range are open at all says enough about them I think. (Their stuff if pure junk for the most part also).

They seem completely out of touch with the whole situation. Updating their social media most days and the only time they've referenced the outbreak was a 10% off promotion for HSE staff.....in store only :rolleyes: ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Closed now aren't they.

ofcork wrote: »
    Closed now aren't they.

Apparently open yesterday but only selling essential items like pet food

Advertisement