Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we just phone a GP for advice?

Options
  • 01-04-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi All,

Was looking for an appropriate forum thought this is best

Just looking for advice from a GP, I don't have a regular GP - presuming they are out the door busy on the phones but how are they being reimbursed? Can anyone phone them up for advice?

Anyone tried the online skype doctor services?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Both my GP and HSE live were ringing out 2 weeks ago. But I hear they have hired more people.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/hselive/ < lots of ways to contact them here, you'll get through in some way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Hi, I work in a GP surgery. Most are doing telephone consultation now, if you have medical card this is free , if not there is a charge ( €30 in my practice) which is payable by card. The doctor may do a prescription which can be collected from your pharmacy, or if they feel you need to be seen you will be given an appointment to come in. Assume most surgeries are working similarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,890 ✭✭✭✭zell12

GPs are being paid e25 by the State for each non-Covid19 telephone consultation
    for medical/gpvisit cards. Whereas normally it is a fixed yearly amount.
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/pcrs/circulars/gp/gp-circular-05-2020-services-during-covid-19.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

deise18 wrote: »
    Hi, I work in a GP surgery. Most are doing telephone consultation now, if you have medical card this is free , if not there is a charge ( €30 in my practice) which is payable by card. The doctor may do a prescription which can be collected from your pharmacy, or if they feel you need to be seen you will be given an appointment to come in. Assume most surgeries are working similarly.

Mine are charging sixty. Thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

deise18 wrote: »

Mine are charging sixty. Thieves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement