If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 8K 55" TVs

Options
  • 01-04-2020 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

What timeframe are you guys looking at to have 8K OLED 55" stocks?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

BuddyList wrote: »
    What timeframe are you guys looking at to have 8K OLED 55" stocks?
    Hi BuddyList,

Our TV release dates are staggered throughout the year so we're starting to see the Samsungs being released at the moment and Sony and LG set for later in the year but with the ongoing developments with Coronavirus restrictions the dates are subject to change.

Was there as specific model you were looking for?

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BuddyList

Thanks Dave, not pushed on Branding as I had Samsung for years but just don't like the LED TVs (called QLED) they have at the min which are not OLED.

So OLED and hopefully 8K with nothing bigger than 55" but will take 48" or 50" if they come in OLED 8K

Price range probably 2K euro may stretch if the spec is good as this needs to last another 7 years or more.

Thanks.

Thanks Dave, not pushed on Branding as I had Samsung for years but just don't like the LED TVs (called QLED) they have at the min which are not OLED.

So OLED and hopefully 8K with nothing bigger than 55" but will take 48" or 50" if they come in OLED 8K

Price range probably 2K euro may stretch if the spec is good as this needs to last another 7 years or more.

Thanks.
    Hi BuddyList,

If you keep an eye on our website the new models will appear when they become available but the new OLED models aren't due for until the end of summer from the schedules I've seen! I know Sony will be releasing a 49" OLED TV but I don't think it will be 8K.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Thanks.
    Hi BuddyList,

If you keep an eye on our website the new models will appear when they become available but the new OLED models aren't due for until the end of summer from the schedules I've seen! I know Sony will be releasing a 49" OLED TV but I don't think it will be 8K.

Kind regards

David
    Looking around I don't think there will be any smaller 8K OLEDs this year so I will probably end up getting the 48 inch LG 4K OLED.

Do you guys have any dates on this one and pricing?

Thanks.
    Hi BuddyList,

Kind regards

David
    Looking around I don't think there will be any smaller 8K OLEDs this year so I will probably end up getting the 48 inch LG 4K OLED.

Do you guys have any dates on this one and pricing?
    Hey BuddyList.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new CX range once they arrive myself.

The 55CX5 and BX6 have went up on our .co.uk website for pre order so they must be due soon.

On the 48CX5 should be released on May 11th and will be around £1399 and the 48CX6 around £1799.
    These prices could change once they actually arrive with us.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hey BuddyList.

The 55CX5 and BX6 have went up on our .co.uk website for pre order so they must be due soon.

On the 48CX5 should be released on May 11th and will be around £1399 and the 48CX6 around £1799.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny, long time no hear 😀.
    Definitely interested in the 48 and have the wife 90% talked around replacing our 10 year old Samsung LED.
    What’s the difference between the 48CX5 and the 48CX6?
    Thanks and please put me on any waiting list

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

Definitely interested in the 48 and have the wife 90% talked around replacing our 10 year old Samsung LED.
    I see Curry's in the UK are listing the CX6 now at £1499 https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-oled48cx6lb-48-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-tv-with-google-assistant-amazon-alexa-10205969-pdt.html

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

I see Curry's in the UK are listing the CX6 now at £1499 https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-oled48cx6lb-48-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-tv-with-google-assistant-amazon-alexa-10205969-pdt.html
    Hey BuddyList.

Perhaps they will arrive earlier than the May 11th date I got from LG' website.
    I've checked our goods inwards list today and they are still not showing.

I would say when we do get them we will be the same price as currys.

I'll keep my eye on our website and when I see them added will drop you a post.

Kenny.

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.
    Thanks a lot Kenny, yeah I really don't want to buy from Curry's so fingers crossed you get stock. I am a 99% definite on this so please keep me one, cash ready to go.

I see LG are pushing a load of Model numbers for this, any idea of the difference between them if any?

[font=Monaco, Menlo, Consolas, "Courier New", monospace]LG OLED48CX3LB
    LG OLED48CX6LB
    LG OLED48CX9LB
    LG OLED48CX5LC
    LG OLED48CX8LC[/font]

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.
    Thanks a lot Kenny, yeah I really don't want to buy from Curry's so fingers crossed you get stock. I am a 99% definite on this so please keep me one, cash ready to go.

I see LG are pushing a load of Model numbers for this, any idea of the difference between them if any?

[font=Monaco, Menlo, Consolas,]LG OLED48CX3LB
    LG OLED48CX6LB
    LG OLED48CX9LB
    LG OLED48CX5LC
    LG OLED48CX8LC[/font]
    Hi Buddylist.

To be honest I'm not sure of the difference between all the models as of yet as they are a brand new product.

I'm pretty sure we will not stock all the variations.
    I would guess at it will be the 48CX5 and CX6 will be the standard stock lines but this could change once they actually arrive with us.

I'll keep my eye out for them going live on our site and see which one we are going to stock and i can then let you know the differences and they prices.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

LG OLED48CX6LB
    LG OLED48CX9LB
    LG OLED48CX5LC
    LG OLED48CX8LC[/font]
    Hi Buddylist.

To be honest I'm not sure of the difference between all the models as of yet as they are a brand new product.

I would guess at it will be the 48CX5 and CX6 will be the standard stock lines but this could change once they actually arrive with us.

I'll keep my eye out for them going live on our site and see which one we are going to stock and i can then let you know the differences and they prices.

Kenny.
    Thanks a lot Kenny, looking forward to hearing from you over the next week or 2 on this.

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

Hey BuddyList.

Kenny.

LG OLED48CX6LB
    LG OLED48CX9LB
    LG OLED48CX5LC
    LG OLED48CX8LC[/font]
    Hi Buddylist.

Kenny.
    Thanks a lot Kenny, looking forward to hearing from you over the next week or 2 on this.
    No problem at all Buddylist :)

As soon as I can see them on our incoming stock list I will be straight in touch.

Kenny.

Another one popped up outside curry's today 
    https://www.maxelectrical.co.uk/tv-entertainment/televisions/oled-tvs/lg-oled48cx5lc-48-4k-oled-tv.html

Assume you guys have seen no sign of it yet? Or any word of delays or are we still looking at Monday launch?

Thanks

https://www.maxelectrical.co.uk/tv-entertainment/televisions/oled-tvs/lg-oled48cx5lc-48-4k-oled-tv.html

Assume you guys have seen no sign of it yet? Or any word of delays or are we still looking at Monday launch?

Thanks
    Hi Buddylist,

I have had a look and we are due to start getting the LG 55" CX range in next week but I still have no date for the 48" at the moment. I would imagine they should be following soon but I haven't seen pricing or an ETA for them yet! We could certainly check again next week to see if they're any closer.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks
    Hi Buddylist,

I have had a look and we are due to start getting the LG 55" CX range in next week but I still have no date for the 48" at the moment. I would imagine they should be following soon but I haven't seen pricing or an ETA for them yet! We could certainly check again next week to see if they're any closer.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David, I have pre-ordered the 48" CX so will wait for that unless it turns out that's it months delayed and if its delayed I measured my space this morning and could fit the 55" CX but don't want it taking up too much of the room so would prefer the 48" so really hope you guys see stocks of the 48" coming soon.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Buddylist,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David, I have pre-ordered the 48" CX so will wait for that unless it turns out that's it months delayed and if its delayed I measured my space this morning and could fit the 55" CX but don't want it taking up too much of the room so would prefer the 48" so really hope you guys see stocks of the 48" coming soon.

Thanks
    Hi Buddylist.

As soon as we know an ETA for these I will post up here on boards as I have a few other customers also waiting for their release.

Kenny.

Ordered the 55CX off Aaron this morning as gave up waiting on the 48CX ;-)

Thanks for all your help and support guys, looking forward to my new OLED.

Gary

Ordered the 55CX off Aaron this morning as gave up waiting on the 48CX ;-)

Thanks for all your help and support guys, looking forward to my new OLED.

Gary
    Hey Gary.

Excellent :D

There is still no sign on the 48" arriving.

You will be over the moon with the 55"
    Have to say I'm really looking forward to seeing these in action once we get back to the store.

Thanks again for the business.

Kenny. 

Loving the new LG 55 CX guys, the picture quality is amazing, super service too it arrived a day earlier than I thought.

Loving the new LG 55 CX guys, the picture quality is amazing, super service too it arrived a day earlier than I thought.
    Thanks for the post BuddyList!

Glad to hear you're loving the new TV! The store is closed at the moment so I haven't even had a chance to see one in the flesh yet!!

Let us know if you need anything else and thanks again for the order!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.