Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF created fake narrative for "change"

Options
  • 01-04-2020 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

10% of the electorate voted for change (this was the increase in SF support).

You could argue maybe another 5% voted for change through the Greens, representing their increased vote. Although this has dropped back in recent opinion polls.

So at a push we are talking 15% of the population voted for change. That means 85% did not vote for any change whatsoever.

And bear in mind the Greens and the Shinners have largely incompatible policy platforms (one pro carbon tax the other anti carbon tax)...so even within that 15% they couldn't agree what change they wanted.

Change my backside. How do the Shinners get away with this fake news Donald Trump style false media narrative?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Yet another Anti SF thread, do we need another FFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

simplistically I would probably measure the % that voted for change as being the total % decline in the votes for both FG and FG and Labour combined - as traditionally these have been the main government parties... no idea what the % is though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

You could argue maybe another 5% voted for change through the Greens, representing their increased vote. Although this has dropped back in recent opinion polls.

So at a push we are talking 15% of the population voted for change. That means 85% did not vote for any change whatsoever.

And bear in mind the Greens and the Shinners have largely incompatible policy platforms (one pro carbon tax the other anti carbon tax)...so even within that 15% they couldn't agree what change they wanted.

Change my backside. How do the Shinners get away with this fake news Donald Trump style false media narrative?

Leo's new propaganda lads are keeping themselves busy during the lockdown I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every effing political party plugs "change", it's not new.

hrzgal.obama.08.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

simplistically I would probably measure the % that voted for change as being the total % decline in the votes for both FG and FG and Labour combined - as traditionally these have been the main government parties... no idea what the % is though

Down 9% according to a quick Wikipedia look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

FF + FG + Labour went from 56.1% in 2016 to 46.5%....so that is around 9% voting for change there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

yeah another SF thread started by someone who apparently doesnt like them! hurrah!

Leo's new propaganda lads are keeping themselves busy during the lockdown I see.

This is classic SF bullying of playing the man not the ball. Always be on the lookout for this.

This is classic SF bullying of playing the man not the ball. Always be on the lookout for this.

this gets more hilarious every day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

FF + FG + Labour went from 56.1% in 2016 to 46.5%....so that is around 9% voting for change there.

thanks for that. Obviously my comment is simplistic, and for indicative purposes only...
    more generally as noted, politicians peddle "change", as "change" is what convinces people to switch votes...

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    this gets more hilarious every day

Another SF bullying comment. Again, nothing of substance related to the issue at hand. Just an ad hominen attack on the poster.

Another SF bullying comment. Again, nothing of substance related to the issue at hand. Just an ad hominen attack on the poster.

awww ... poor thing. really though, if you hate SF so much, stop advertising them. you DO hate them right ? :rolleyes:

awww ... poor thing. really though, if you hate SF so much, stop advertising them. you DO hate them right ? :rolleyes:

another SF bullying comment. Nothing of substance related to issue at hand.

You can see already why so many of their Councillors resigned due to bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

they're in the ha'penny place compared to the pros
    https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

So according to your bat**** maths, the core SF vote (excluding the new SF voters) voted for the status quo.

Phuck me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

Serious question.

Do you run the Facebook group Populist Watch Ireland?

It is run by a Labour crank who hasn't got over SF taking most of their voters.

The other day he was complaining that a SF mass meeting in Newry several weeks ago hadn't practiced social distancing.

The meeting had taken place several days before the the Irish public were even being requested to take any sort of precautions. Before the schools closed.

I thought it was the daftest thing I would read this year until I saw your post. It leads me to believe you might be the same person.

And I am not a SF voter.

You can see already why so many of their Councillors resigned due to bullying.

Methinks you need to look up 'bullying'. Look up 'whinging' while yer at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

You've contributed nothing of substance either:

Can you point out the substance here? The bit where you say "Change my backside"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Yet another Anti SF thread, do we need another FFS?
    yeah another SF thread started by someone who apparently doesnt like them! hurrah!

Why the **** does this pop up on every ****ing thread? If anything remotely critical is said about Sinn Fein its labelled as ****ing propaganda or some shady campaign against the shinners. Its a Donald Trump tactics - Ignore the point that was raised, play the victim, hurl mud in the against people voicing any criticism and claim there is some establishment conspiracy to keep them down.

Lads, unlike the SF Online Army other people are capable of critical thinking and sometimes, just maybe, they might disagree with Sinn Feins policies or claims that they won an election with 25% of the vote. The desire for change in the results was certainly oversold as can be seen when the dust settles and you realise that, despite the increase they got, Sinn Fein did not in fact break FF & FG majority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Why the **** does this pop up on every ****ing thread? If anything remotely critical is said about Sinn Fein its labelled as ****ing propaganda or some shady campaign against the shinners. Its a Donald Trump tactics - Ignore the point that was raised, play the victim, hurl mud in the against people voicing any criticism and claim there is some establishment conspiracy to keep them down.

Lads, unlike the SF Online Army other people are capable of critical thinking and sometimes, just maybe, they might disagree with Sinn Feins policies or claims that they won an election with 25% of the vote. The desire for change in the results was certainly oversold as can be seen when the dust settles and you realise that, despite the increase they got, Sinn Fein did not in fact break FF & FG majority

Only one of the posts you've quoted is labelling this thead as propaganda or a shady campaign against the shinners and they're probably joking.

There's near enough half a dozen Sinn Fein threads on the forum now and they're growing tiresome. A thread like this that offers absolutely nothing new to the conversation is absolutely deserving of mocking and exasperated responses.

• Advertisement

Op claimed 15 percent voted sinn fein and green combined

22 percent voted sinn fein alone.....your here complaining of fake news/trump.tactics from shinnerz :confused:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

4 threads started on this site, and all with the same pair of letters in the title

Please stick to one of the other threads you have started about SF

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement