Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX770 DisplayPort issue

Options
  • 01-04-2020 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

I've a 5 year old build with a GTX770 (specifically this one) which I've been using the HDMI port one with no problem.

Now that I'm working from home, I brought home a work monitor (a Dell P2419H), for which I only have a DisplayPort cable, which works fine via the work laptop docking station.

But when I tried connecting it as a second monitor on my own PC, via the GTX770 DisplayPort connection, it failed to register an input source. Tried getting the PC to search for additional displays, didn't find it. Tried rebooting, tried it as the sole monitor, no joy.

It could be a dud DisplayPort on the card, but trying to work out if there's any other potential issues. It's Windows 8.1 if that matters.
    I have come across some reports of people seeing it OK at boot and having problems within Windows, but I'm not seeing it at all.

I've tried booting into Ubuntu and that's not showing it either.

The monitor seems to be detecting when it's plugged in, but then gives the message "No DP signal from your device"

Suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement