Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPod won’t set up Apple ID..

• 01-04-2020 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It’s my daughters birthday tomorrow and I’m on day12 of bed rest isolation due to covid19.

I bought a refurbished iPod on pigs back and I just attempted to set it up there with an Apple ID. It will not allow me to create an Apple ID for her. I’m using her gmail address, I’ve put in cc details and as I have an Apple account linked to my phone I’m using our landline as the phone number... (I don’t want my messages going to her phone etc)

It gets to the create account stage and an error bounces back saying not allowed at this time and error 21086

Please help, my kids can’t understand why I’m so distant and I don’t even know if I have covid I just want my daughter to have Snapchat on her bday as she misses her friends..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ok I set up Apple ID.... and then I go to download Snapchat and it tells me that this iPod isn’t compatible with Snapchat. I checked for update, none available.

Wtaf do I do now :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,551 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What version of iOS is it? Looking in Settings > General > About > Software Version.

What version of iOS is it? Looking in Settings > General > About > Software Version.

iPod touch 9.3.5

12gig available capacity

Lisha wrote: »
    iPod touch 9.3.5

12gig available capacity

iOS 9.3.5 your software is up to date...

Have I bought a lemon :(

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

iOS 9.3.5 your software is up to date...

Have I bought a lemon :(

Thanks for your help

You didn’t but a lemon, just it seems snapchat only supports installs on iOS 10 forward :(

If the device says 9.3.5 is up to date it probably doesn’t support iOS 10.

• Advertisement

You didn’t but a lemon, just it seems snapchat only supports installs on iOS 10 forward :(

iPod 6th gen supports iOS 10.

Oh cripes that what I was afraid of. I know there’s bigger problems in the world but the poor girl deserves a break. I could cry. Thanks for help

Oh cripes that what I was afraid of. I know there’s bigger problems in the world but the poor girl deserves a break. I could cry. Thanks for help

No probs! Im sure she’ll still be pleased with the her iPod!

Advertisement