Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrian entrance to Tramore Valley Park open

Options
  • 01-04-2020 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Is it? Live a couple of hundred metres from half moon Lane and it's very frustrating not being able to go for a run in there. Would prefer to not be checking for cars at every junction and entrance and stopping for pedestrians so as not to worry them about getting too close.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Terrible post op, but if you're asking, yes it's open. Busy enough the time I was there.

Terrible post op, but if you're asking, yes it's open. Busy enough the time I was there.

Do you know if its the half moon Lane entrance or the one by nemo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

My suspicion is not as the council already said they wouldn't be opening it. I'd take a jog there for a look but it's just a little too far from where I live with the current restrictions. Would be great if someone could confirm it was open as have a few friends living a closer who'd be very happy to see access to the park from there.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

TheChizler wrote: »
    Do you know if its the half moon Lane entrance or the one by nemo?

Pretty sure I seen the half moon entrance closed. South link entrance is/was open.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I seen the half moon entrance closed. South link entrance is/was open.

That's vehicle only entrance though, op said pedestrian entrance. I suspect either they mean the one by nemo or were asking if half moon Lane was open and I've just got my hopes up.

Very frustrating that such a fantastic facility practically in the city centre is effectively closed off to the 10s of thousands of people who live a short walk from it (obviously you wouldn't want them all to use it at once, before someone says).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

could it just be a lame April fool's joke given the date of the OP? Only @robinbird can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

Apologies all. Yes. Just a lame April Fools joke. Thought better of it and deleted the article but you can't delete or amend thread titles.

Entrance to Tramore Valley Park for pedestrians remains prohibited and the gate will stay locked.

However the car park will be staying open for those that want to drive there.

robinbird wrote: »
    Apologies all. Yes. Just a lame April Fools joke. Thought better of it and deleted the article but you can't delete or amend thread titles.

Cruel. :D

Ridiculous situation though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

TheChizler wrote: »
    Cruel. :D

Ridiculous situation though

Presumably it's open so people can access the recycling centre? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement