Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chinese Big Lie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Kwai, was in reference to the bridge you built in your career in dirty bar street.

Oh and it was a short programme and I found it very good. I have done quite a few since graduating in 1998, 7,8,9 eqv and then 8 again. All different areas.

You are beating your chest way too much on your own self importance which makes me think you are very insecure.

Where in "Beijing metro" did you live and what was your industry?

I'm still plugged in to the business community there (both Chinese and expatriate), so your spoof will be found out in short-order.

You're lying and you know you are. You spelled "kwai" wrong you dummy. You've never lived in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Yurt! wrote: »
    Where in "Beijing metro" did you live and what was your industry?

I'm still plugged in to the business community there (both Chinese and expatriate), so your spoof will be found out in short-order.

You're lying and you know you are. You spelled kwai wrong you dummy. You've never lived in China.

Go ahead. You seem at pains to make out that you are connected there and the reality is, what you think is connected and really connected are two different things.

It was the Pharma/construction sector if you must know and as you've read through all my previous posts in your desperate quest you will be well aware that I am not the average joe wearing a three year old GAA shirt in the local expat bars. I would be clear to all around me that I was British, not Irish, South East in fact. So any Irish connection I have would not come to light unless it was to arise directly in a conversation.

My social circles in China were overwhelmingly UK/US and of course local.

Oh man you are going to get found out so hard here crypto.

What pharma project did you "work on"?

Oh man you are going to get found out so hard here crypto.

What pharma project did you "work on"?

Pharma and Chemical ....You work them out there columbo.

Beijing was as previously stated, was one of a few destinations. Shipyard was another.

Fill yer boots.

Go on which projects? Choose your fibs carefully now sunshine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

cheezburger-image-5061001984

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The Rest of the World should work out ( when / if this is over ) how much that Covid-19 has cost them.

Deduct it from their Countries Debt to China. China must pay for this .

Wibbs wrote: »
    cheezburger-image-5061001984

I know, it's class isn't it. He's a beaut.

Sill waiting crypto, grade-A bullsh*tter

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

blinding wrote: »
    The Rest of the World should work out ( when / if this is over ) how much that Covid-19 has cost them.

Deduct it from their Countries Debt to China. China must pay for this .
    If China deserves blame, and it does, then so do the majority of governments outside of China. That part I do agree with others on.

Including our own. Now we weren't nearly as shambolic as our UK neighbours, or as let's roll the dice the way Sweden has, but we have been playing catch up from pretty early on, with the authorities lagging behind. And unlike Italy and Spain we had their examples to see it coming weeks in advance. Testing was/is a shambles, contact tracing sparse to non existent, pretty much zero border control and health checks, no obvious plans for quarantine, information to the public has veered from hand me downs from the WHO to drastically daft. What has largely saved us is we caught it later than places like Italy, our low population density and a minority living in apartments. Even so our numbers aren't great.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

A contest requires at least two people.

But is is amazing that people are so dense that they still fall for it, hook, line and sinker.

Surely this crisis is some sort of wakeup call? The shambolic response and complete lack of ability to deal with a crisis must show people the emperor has no clothes.

If Putin wasn't sure before, he is sure now, we are all talk.

I don't think it's enough. Western people grow up believing that their cultural group is the most successful and most powerful in the world. We're from 1st world nations, so that makes us special. We're somewhat superior because our education is better, our economies are more successful, our morality is more enlightened, etc.

The reality though is far different.,. but people won't want to acknowledge that. Ignorance, after all, is bliss. So, I figure that people will continue ignoring the weaknesses within western societies, and continue believing that we're still the best.

Go on which projects? Choose your fibs carefully now sunshine

Read the posts, it's all there. It is amazing for a man like yourself who knows everyone in the industry. All the Beijing offices and all their nationwide projects. I am sure you know all the lads with projects in the yards in Korea also, you know, with the huge crossover of labour and all that. How clued up are you on Sinkers or Malaysia? Bet you have that all on speed dial too, you know, they way the lads free lance around the regions.

You are an oracle.

Or maybe not.

Your protesting and claims has you down as a total BS artist and possible narcissistic loon . I don't think I have ever seen people make such claims, on any industry, before you.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Love this thread. Just a smorgasbord of internet nonsense regurgitated by disaffected shut-ins. Useful for amusement purposes at best.

I don't think it's enough. Western people grow up believing that their cultural group is the most successful and most powerful in the world. We're from 1st world nations, so that makes us special. We're somewhat superior because our education is better, our economies are more successful, our morality is more enlightened, etc.

The reality though is far different.,. but people won't want to acknowledge that. Ignorance, after all, is bliss. So, I figure that people will continue ignoring the weaknesses within western societies, and continue believing that we're still the best.
    You could write that "we're best, others are lesser" about pretty much every culture out there, including, even especially the Chinese.

Why do we treat the Chinese Communist Party’s Country the same as an Ordinary Country.

We have learned from Covid-19 that this is a big mistake and has to Stop ! !

Why do we treat the Chinese Communist Party’s Country the same as an Ordinary Country.

Surely if we are to take that route then you could say the same about other regimes.

Saudi? Vietnam commies too?

China is singled out because of it being powerful, simple. Saudi can be slapped about so the head chopping is allowed to continue.

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    Love this thread. Just a smorgasbord of internet nonsense regurgitated by disaffected shut-ins. Useful for amusement purposes at best.

Get involved and sling some mud or STFU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

It's not just 'different' as some like to make out. It's not 'eastern', it's authoritarian.
    If I was living in such a regime without a choice I would appreciate help from outside.

Surely if we are to take that route then you could say the same about other regimes.

China is singled out because of it being powerful, simple. Saudi can be slapped about so the head chopping is allowed to continue.
    Tis time to re-evaluate how we deal with these Countries.

Open Democracies have to get preference and lets forget this

“ Knowing the Price of Everything and the Value of Nothing “

We sold our souls for 13 pieces of silver. Time for a re-think ! !

• Advertisement

Tis time to re-evaluate how we deal with these Countries.

Open Democracies have to get preference and lets forget this

“ Knowing the Price of Everything and the Value of Nothing “

We sold our souls for 13 pieces of silver. Time for a re-think ! !

Nobody is disputing you there but the moral compass is either consistent or expect it not to be taken seriously

If China deserves blame, and it does, then so do the majority of governments outside of China. That part I do agree with others on.

Well, my problem with blaming China is the amount of hindsight being used. By the time, the virus had reached and exploded in Italy, the dangers of the virus were well-established. I'd been home for roughly 10 days by that time, and there still hadn't been any substantial reaction from western governments regarding keeping the virus in Asia.

Posters here keep focusing on China, as if they should have stopped the spread of the virus somehow, but western nations wasted a lot of time, and downplayed the danger of the virus themselves through endless talk. They only really reacted when Italy exploded, and even then, they were very slow to act.

The point is that when the virus emerged in China, they and we, knew so little about it. How it was transmitted, the danger to different groups, it's life term outside the host, etc. Even now, we're still quite hazy on specifics. However, China should have known all these things instantly, and protected the rest of the world from the virus. Sure, they lied, but the period where they managed to keep the word from spreading is very slight. It was on the internet before the whistle-blowers said anything, and it stretches belief that intelligence services weren't monitoring the internet for China related news.

China deserves some blame for the use of wet markets and the sale of exotic meats.. but then so too do a host of other countries. China deserves some blame for seeking to downplay the risk of the virus (and for seeking to stifle any mention of it), but honestly, I don't see much difference in their behavior in comparison to western governments who downplayed the risks even after the risks were known.

Because B they make a shed load of our stuff that we consume like gluttons, as well as stuff we actually need. They make it cheaper and in vast quantities and world consumers and the businesses that feed them need China. That's why.

And because of that the rest of the world has quietly and hypocritically ignored the various elephants in the room about China and indeed our own consumerist natures and cultures.

If this was the 1960's and the virus kicked off in the China, a) chances are it might not spread beyond their borders as the place was closed off, even a pariah in the Cold War context and b) they made feck all that we wanted.

So how do you propose we stop? Go ahead B, go around your gaff and look at the labels on all the stuff you own. If it says "Made in China", take it and throw it in your wheelie bin. If you did chances are you're now phoneless, your PC and all accessories like modems etc are gone, as is your telly and all its accessories, if you're into gaming, that's gone, some of your clothing, maybe even some foodstuffs, maybe even many of your lightbulbs, even furniture. If in the face of this pox you've built a home hypochondriac's kit :D and stocked up on masks, digital thermometers and oxygen readers; they're gone too.

So in order to stop you alone would give up a load of your stuff you feel you need to live. Will you? Would you pay more for alternatives?

A contest requires at least two people.

If you turn down the radio and listen carefully, you can hear Yurt googling.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I had my doubts but gave the Chinese the benefit of the doubt as I thought how stupid could they be to lie about the origins of the virus given the damage being done but then I thought you know this is the CCP and they are corrupt to their very core so yeah maybe.

It's falling apart now though and they are sending their bots out to discredit world renowned Nobel prize winning experts in the field.

This will end in tears for China.

Any other leading virologists repeat this claim? Montagnier is 87 and probably no longer at the forefront of research. A nobel laureate does not automatically make someone right, and someone who was at the forefront 20 years ago could be antiquated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Any other leading virologists repeat this claim? Montagnier is 87 and probably no longer at the forefront of research. A nobel laureate does not automatically make someone right, and someone who was at the forefront 20 years ago could be antiquated now.

That's right run the guy down.

I didn't expect less from some tbh.

He blamed China. It is enough for one last shot at fame.

Probably told the grandkids to "watch this, I used to be a contender"

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kangaroolala

Eh, Ireland paid over two hundred million euro for the PPE. It certainly wasn't a donation. But we get it, China great, West baaaaad.

Answer: Obviously your arrogance prevented you from checking the news:

"Bank of China donates 200,000 items of protective equipment to Ireland"

"Chinese technology company Huawei has said it will send a shipment of medical equipment to Ireland as part of its Covid-19 relief efforts. Ireland will be the first European country after Italy to be sent medical equipment by the company, which has been at the centre of a geopolitical controversy in recent months over the alleged presence of spyware in its products – which the company denies."

"6 Chinese business persons in Ireland donate 40 ventilators, 200,000 masks, 20,000 respirators, 3,000 protective clothes to HSE & a few hospitals."

"Coronavirus: 10,000 surgical masks donated to St James's Hospital by Association of Chinese Professionals in Ireland"

Don't tell me those don't count as donation. And there are lots of donations not reported.

What have you done? yeah successfully demonstrated your ignorance.

QUOTE (And where are you from Kangaroola? You don't write like a local, or is that offensive to say? )

Answer: I am just an ordinary human who doesn't tolerate bull****. English is not my first language.

QUOTE (You really have the horn for hating the west and apparently White people for some odd reason)

Answer: Absolutely nonsense! I live and work here in Ireland. I appreciate the glory of humanity of the society here and people I have met. Most of them are polite and decent. I feel sorry for you as you are the victim of amorality.

QUOTE:Eh, you do realise that the very methods used to sequence viruses, hell the science of virology itself was invented and developed in the oh so decadent west and in the vast majority of cases by those silly White people.

Answer: Er you are making your own story here, of course Westerners are the pioneer for Western medicine, but it doesn't mean that China cannot discard the dross and select the essence. As the globalisation lead to countries learn from each other, which is a fantastic thing, unless you want to go back to your own cave and continuing being a quadrumana!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I don't think you'd get as many recommendations to visit Saudi Arabia. Everyone knows the chopping goes on there. Its done in public.

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    I don't think you'd get as many recommendations to visit Saudi Arabia. Everyone knows the chopping goes on there. Its done in public.

But they are the darlings of the Royals and world leaders

Advertisement