Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chinese Big Lie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jesus wept *unfollows thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

China now blaming a 'superspreader' who returned from NYC on Mar 19th for the recent upsurge:

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1252574975447330816

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Humilde wrote: »
    I understand that we are a long way from China in terms of freedoms. But some of your points are open to a lot of questions.

Like, in Ireland we are free to replace our leaders. I think we voted recently to replace them but it looks like those we wanted to replace are joining foreces to deny us our wish. Wholy legally of course, but it just shows that democracy is not the panacea we all think it is.

In Ireland, whistleblowers have not had such an easy ride either as we all know.

You're right, for sure its not so black and white, but I'll accept 'a long way from China in terms of freedoms'.

Democracy isn't perfect, but what is better?
    FFG received a large share of the votes in total and at the next vote the electorate will once again be able to voice their opinion.
    Xi will remain president for life. At least we can avoid tyranny like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

And we are in the EU, we have no say

At least there isn't a great firewall of the EU. They don't have cameras on every corner either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

China now blaming a 'superspreader' who returned from NYC on Mar 19th for the recent upsurge:

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1252574975447330816

Why isn't that true? They are implying the person is Chinese also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It fits with their narrative that the virus is originally from US.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/21/coronavirus-escaped-us-lab-chinas-state-tv-anchor-claims-12586026/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

biko wrote: »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/21/coronavirus-escaped-us-lab-chinas-state-tv-anchor-claims-12586026/

Their diplomatic corps and their media have been told to push this lie worldwide. It's preposterous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

They are implying the person is Chinese also

Nobody said different.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

maninasia wrote: »
    Their diplomatic corps and their media have been told to push this lie worldwide. It's preposterous.

and these lads, the WuMao or otherwise known as the 50cent Army

https://twitter.com/WBYeats1865/status/1252247005478318087

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

It's seem you are a bit on the spectrum...ðŸ™

Do you really want to start insulting each other? Trust me, you've provided plenty of opportunities where I could have commented on your intelligence, or ability to process logical reasoning... I didn't though, because I felt you deserved some respect. I guess I was wrong. Easily resolved.

As for freedom, I have lived in many countries, which were openly free, and those with variable levels of restrictions. So, I suspect that I'm more aware of the differences on a personal level, than you are.
    I live in Asia practically forever...Chinese government is not only a threat to its own people's freedom but other countries as well especially in Asia, a serious and real threat as they spread their tentacles everywhere.

Practically forever? Where? Let me guess. You're the type to live in HK or Taiwan, and assume that you understand those on the mainland because of it. :rolleyes:

Chinese people don't have freedom and only a minority of them want it. Historically and culturally, Chinese people give up freedom the moment they get it because they're not comfortable having that much control/responsibility over their lives (and the lives of others). Which is why after the Empire, their brief stint as a democracy failed so quickly, and then they put in the Nationalists, and then the communists. Of course, it doesn't matter to you that there is a huge following of the CCP, and party membership remains the most sought after status symbol.

So, no.. I'm not terribly impressed by your understanding of China. As for China being a threat to everyone, of course, they are. You're stating the bloody obvious. They're a re-emergent empire, with something to prove. They want to remove the stain of losing to western nations since the boxer rebellion, and at some time in the future, they will seek to show dominance over the whole region. A big part of that is somehow humbling the US.

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    You're equating freedom with being surveilled.

Actually no. The person who raised freedom with me, referred to surveillance, which is why I responded to him about it. Context, 2u2me, context... it's important.
    You have argued countless times how these things also occur in the west klaz, but occuring is not the same as being state sponsored. There is a big differrence.

horse****. I haven't argued 'countless times' the differences you listed above (that I snipped). Those are your words. You're doing it again. Assigning points to me that I didn't make.
    This is a warped understanding of things.

Oh, I completely agree. You could quote me, and respond to what I've actually written rather than assigning points to me, and then reading between the lines. Very warped.
    China backwards engineer and steal technology on a government level. The US government gets replaced every now and again. China are no nearer to being self-sufficient in innovation than I am of becoming a mermaid. Their society does not reward innovation. The only rich people there are ones that copied other services. (alibaba weibo etc..)

I referred to self-sufficiency in regards to the article about the plan to replace windows as an operating system. China uses a modified version of Linux for many of their computers, and I expect they're pushing for that to become the recognised version within China. I have no idea why you're rambling on about innovation.

But you've got a rather limited view on innovation, and the success of companies within China. Quite a lot of their more successful companies innovated for the Chinese market.. the idea might have been implemented in a western market before, but China is littered with the gravestones of western companies who tried applying their ideas and failed. Success is king. Now, stealing IPs is different, but you seem to equate all kind of innovation or creativity with IPs. Which is flawed.

The idea of Taobao is similar to EBay, but it is applied differently. It's also proven to be far more successful. That's still a form of innovation, and no IP was stolen.
    This is good pragmatic advice for people looking to travel to China. I don't dispute this.

Err,... what advice? I didn't give any advice. I said what my life is like... and I didn't go into any detail as to how I've managed it.
    It is however not the absolute reality of the situation.

Nothing on this thread is. Isn't that obvious?
    Does it matter at all that this sentence can be said of North Korea? How other people around you are being treated? Foreigners definitely aren't as in much danger in China, it hates the PR it brings.
    I've asked this question of you now a few times, your answer wasn't very illuminating.

Probably because I have no idea what you're talking about. Or perhaps I got tired of extra variables being thrown into the conversation without you dealing with the original conversation points. Or even possibly I had noted numerous times that we were only talking about foreigners in China, but you felt the need to throw in unrelated points about Chinese people.

I stopped dealing with your points because you failed to deal with mine. Each time, you would begin with a minor introduction, and then flip to talking about something else entirely. So.. no.. I simply got tired of jumping around answering your questions, and getting nothing substantial in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

cb1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Actually no. The person who raised freedom with me, referred to surveillance, which is why I responded to him about it. Context, 2u2me, context... it's important.

horse****. I haven't argued 'countless times' the differences you listed above (that I snipped). Those are your words. You're doing it again. Assigning points to me that I didn't make.

Oh, I completely agree. You could quote me, and respond to what I've actually written rather than assigning points to me, and then reading between the lines. Very warped.

I referred to self-sufficiency in regards to the article about the plan to replace windows as an operating system. China uses a modified version of Linux for many of their computers, and I expect they're pushing for that to become the recognised version within China. I have no idea why you're rambling on about innovation.

But you've got a rather limited view on innovation, and the success of companies within China. Quite a lot of their more successful companies innovated for the Chinese market.. the idea might have been implemented in a western market before, but China is littered with the gravestones of western companies who tried applying their ideas and failed. Success is king. Now, stealing IPs is different, but you seem to equate all kind of innovation or creativity with IPs. Which is flawed.

The idea of Taobao is similar to EBay, but it is applied differently. It's also proven to be far more successful. That's still a form of innovation, and no IP was stolen.

Err,... what advice? I didn't give any advice. I said what my life is like... and I didn't go into any detail as to how I've managed it.

Nothing on this thread is. Isn't that obvious?

Probably because I have no idea what you're talking about. Or perhaps I got tired of extra variables being thrown into the conversation without you dealing with the original conversation points. Or even possibly I had noted numerous times that we were only talking about foreigners in China, but you felt the need to throw in unrelated points about Chinese people.

I stopped dealing with your points because you failed to deal with mine. Each time, you would begin with a minor introduction, and then flip to talking about something else entirely. So.. no.. I simply got tired of jumping around answering your questions, and getting nothing substantial in return.

I can't believe you are still replying... I was tired of that a while back... People believe what they want to believe... So just let them do that... Don't waste your time on this..

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Hopefully USA and their allies discover the true source of this virus being of The Chinese biological warfare programme, and undertake the appropriate corrective response due to global recession that China have caused, by taking a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Chinese mainland and overseas bases.

s982102 wrote: »
    I can't believe you are still replying... I was tired of that a while back... People believe what they want to believe... So just let them do that... Don't waste your time on this..

I'm a glutton for punishment. Anyway, I'm kinda bored, have time to kill, and I type rather fast. ;):D

Stay on topic.

The time frame.

The lost opportunity.

We've established lines of communication were open since the 31st of Decemeber. Genome was global when there was 24 cases in Wuhan.

Now, this thread is about this window of opportunity where we would have been saved like in the movies. Can we focus on that please.

Hopefully USA and their allies discover the true source of this virus being of The Chinese biological warfare programme, and undertake the appropriate corrective response due to global recession that China have caused, by taking a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Chinese mainland and overseas bases.

hahahahahaha... seriously? Oh my God.

The US nukes China. Even if China's ability to respond was knocked out...(which is highly doubtful since most of their silos are installed in mountain ranges) do you know who would get involved? Yup. Russia.

Any nuclear attack on China would mean nuclear fallout travelling on the winds into Russia, and they wouldn't hesitate to nuke the US in response. Also a series of nuclear strikes would also put fallout over all of Asia.. and it would also likely spread into a large chunk of the world.

So... no. Not a terribly good idea. :pac::pac::pac: Hilarious.

The US nukes China. Even if China's ability to respond was knocked out...(which is highly doubtful since most of their silos are installed in mountain ranges) do you know who would get involved? Yup. Russia.

Any nuclear attack on China would mean nuclear fallout travelling on the winds into Russia, and they wouldn't hesitate to nuke the US in response. Also a series of nuclear strikes would also put fallout over all of Asia.. and it would also likely spread into a large chunk of the world.

It's a childish argument and one you know as soon as it is rasied you are dealing with a child.

Now, this thread is about this window of opportunity where we would have been saved like in the movies. Can we focus on that please.

They're not going to answer you with any specifics. Just vague nonsense that it just should have happened. Somehow.

We've all tried getting them to answer this area of points for over ten pages.. each time there's a little sentence reinforcing that it should have happened, and then back to some other issue that has already been talked about in detail.

They're not going to answer you with any specifics. Just vague nonsense that it just should have happened. Somehow.

We've all tried getting them to answer this area of points for over ten pages.. each time there's a little sentence reinforcing that it should have happened, and then back to some other issue that has already been talked about in detail.

Everytime I read their posts with their childish view of the world I start humming...:pac: can't help it

Don't want to close my eyes
    I don't want to fall asleep
    'Cause I'd miss you baby
    And I don't want to miss a thing
    'Cause even when I dream of you
    The sweetest dream will never do
    I'd still miss you baby
    And I don't want to miss a thing

• Advertisement

Everytime I read their posts with their childish view of the world I start humming...:pac: can't help it
    ]

I hear the Star wars Imperial theme in the back of my head. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The posters on this thread are crazier than a bag of Cats in a Chinese wet market.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

archer22 wrote: »
    The posters on this thread are crazier than a bag of Cats in a Chinese wet market.
    You’d need more than 9 lives there ! !

And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
    Wondering if it's me you're seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ulmus

They're a mix of Mad Hatter, Lord Haw-Haw and O'Brien of 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9A4FMpwcQM

For the flat-earthers who post on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Everyone trying to find out has Kim died in North Korea. His children are too young to take over if he has died. This can be the next crisis for the US and China! They're a genuine, real possibility a collapse could occur with him dead. Just hope there is a guy in the wings who not insane to take over!

China has subs, they have first strike capability. China could hit US cities and military sites tomo and the US command will only have minutes to react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

biko wrote: »

That's a specific claim in the article. Has the Japanese government confirmed that?
    In September 2019, some Japanese were infected with the new coronavirus after returning from Hawaii, though they had not visited China before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

Do you really want to start insulting each other? Trust me, you've provided plenty of opportunities where I could have commented on your intelligence, or ability to process logical reasoning... I didn't though, because I felt you deserved some respect. I guess I was wrong. Easily resolved.

As for freedom, I have lived in many countries, which were openly free, and those with variable levels of restrictions. So, I suspect that I'm more aware of the differences on a personal level, than you are.

Practically forever? Where? Let me guess. You're the type to live in HK or Taiwan, and assume that you understand those on the mainland because of it. :rolleyes:

Chinese people don't have freedom and only a minority of them want it. Historically and culturally, Chinese people give up freedom the moment they get it because they're not comfortable having that much control/responsibility over their lives (and the lives of others). Which is why after the Empire, their brief stint as a democracy failed so quickly, and then they put in the Nationalists, and then the communists. Of course, it doesn't matter to you that there is a huge following of the CCP, and party membership remains the most sought after status symbol.

So, no.. I'm not terribly impressed by your understanding of China. As for China being a threat to everyone, of course, they are. You're stating the bloody obvious. They're a re-emergent empire, with something to prove. They want to remove the stain of losing to western nations since the boxer rebellion, and at some time in the future, they will seek to show dominance over the whole region. A big part of that is somehow humbling the US.

你看得懂中文嗎?
    那你幹教學我啦
    你是說你比我了解中國文化,歷史,方言,因為。。。?
    中國人一出生就是愛被政府控低, 就是這樣,沒辦法?

香港,台灣人不考慮因為。。Ÿ˜‚根本不遵循你的理論

過去愛爾蘭人也沒什麼Freedom而且非常窮,甚至哦死了,跟中國人有什麼差別?

• Advertisement

Everyone trying to find out has Kim died in North Korea. His children are too young to take over if he has died. This can be the next crisis for the US and China! They're a genuine, real possibility a collapse could occur with him dead. Just hope there is a guy in the wings who not insane to take over!

N.Korea is a personality cult. Should the "royal" line be ended, there'd be a civil war of sorts.
    China has subs, they have first strike capability. China could hit US cities and military sites tomo and the US command will only have minutes to react.

So, we've moved away from a US first strike to a Chinese first strike?

I speak Chinese. My reading/writing is pretty intermediate and I'd miss the subtleties. So.. you're still not answering where and how long you've lived in Asia.

Advertisement