Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chinese Big Lie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Un1corn wrote: »
    Gone to have his organs harvested.

She

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭riddles

Freezing their assets as well. The EU buying face mask from them too whilst at the same time bowing to pressure from China to water down its report on their spread of misinformation. Removing all references to the virus starting in China. AAA/PBP too defending this. Every red cent spent on goods made in China benefits the Chinese communist party. Whilst companies potentially moving manufacturing to India is a start, I’d rather pay more to support jobs here in Europe.

Don’t be fooled by Apple AirPods moving to Vietnam. This is just Chinese outsourcing. I read in one of the newspapers here (Indo I think, post Denis O’Brien ownership) that Apple actually owns only one “factory” (more an assembly these days) and that’s in Cork. Would love to see some production move there and to the USA and Singapore as well like they did in the past.

Millions of euro of tax payers money easily 20 plus million and counting down the drain on unusable PPE equipment from China which comes with none of the required certificates. Most likely produced in counterfeit goods factories who usually knock out fake Calvin Klein knickers. Europe needs to wake up to China.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

riddles wrote: »
    Millions of euro of tax payers money easily 20 plus million and counting down the drain on unusable PPE equipment from China which comes with none of the required certificates. Most likely produced in counterfeit goods factories who usually knock out fake Calvin Klein knickers. Europe needs to wake up to China.

And who made an order for €20m of goods without checking for compliance with specs or at the very least the goods were someway fit for purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

tigerboon wrote: »
    And who made an order for €20m of goods without checking for compliance with specs or at the very least the goods were someway fit for purpose?

Nobody. What they recieved was not what they ordered. You really think they ordered the wrong stuff? Thats not what happenned.

As for the women who worked in the lab and is rumoured to be patient zero, no sign of her for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

tigerboon wrote: »

Probably some highly paid public servant working an hour or two a day from home. If it was their own money they would have been more careful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Freezing their assets as well. The EU buying face mask from them too whilst at the same time bowing to pressure from China to water down its report on their spread of misinformation. Removing all references to the virus starting in China. AAA/PBP too defending this. Every red cent spent on goods made in China benefits the Chinese communist party. Whilst companies potentially moving manufacturing to India is a start, I’d rather pay more to support jobs here in Europe.

Do you guys mainline right wing American press all day? The spread of misinformation is from the declining US empire. China reported the virus to the WHO on Dec 31st 2019, the utterly corrupt and incompetent US political system was calling it a hoax months later.

Of course Europe isn't going to abandon China, look at the trade, in particular German trade. An money doesn't go the "commies" who aren't really commies anyway, it flows around the economy. A few years ago every capitalist on earth was praising China for embracing free market ideologies. The conservative party wanted to be China's best friend in Europe. And of course post Brexit they were pushing that as well. This is from 2015

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/18/britian-has-made-visionary-choice-to-become-chinas-best-friend-says-xi

(And no, China hasn't gotten worse since then, it has just started to compete for profits and not just wages).
    Don’t be fooled by Apple AirPods moving to Vietnam. This is just Chinese outsourcing. I read in one of the newspapers here (Indo I think, post Denis O’Brien ownership) that Apple actually owns only one “factory” (more an assembly these days) and that’s in Cork. Would love to see some production move there and to the USA and Singapore as well like they did in the past.

It's been the case for years that Apple Cork was their only owned factory, and it has always just been an assembly centre. Do you think they built PowerPC or Intel chips there?

When Steve Jobs took over Apple, they were thinking of closing it down, in fact Tim Cook came over to do just that. He gave a speech talking about how a component travelled around the world twice to get to assembly in Ireland, because most of the internal components were in Asia ( less so then but still a lot). He has said that Apple cant leave asia because that is where the supply chain is, and where the process engineers are.

Even if Apple moved back to Ireland or the US though, the same people who like cheap Android phones will still buy cheap Android phones. In the worst company ever threads huawei doesnt get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058078079

The mods made this factual post a conspiracy for some reason but interesting to the readers of this thread I guess :)

The way this video is put together, blew me away! Riveting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

Captcha, this is entirely off topic. You are bumping your thread, that has nothing whatsoever to do with Covid, because you are not happy that it was moved to another forum.

Stick to that thread in CT or make a case to the CT mods to move it elsewhere, do not bump it in other fora please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Captcha wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058078079

The mods made this factual post a conspiracy for some reason but interesting to the readers of this thread I guess :)

The way this video is put together, blew me away! Riveting!
    It's very much a conspiracy theory. Not a single shread of evidence months later and waves of info coming from China and it is on top of it.

Get on youtube and see expats in every city giving update videos all the wya through this across China. The try and find anything to back up the crackpot theories that a million/zillion Chinese died and it was covered up.

The biggest casualty of this pandemic is the credibility of western nations ability to handle a a crisis with the UK and US looking worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

A good well sourced video here from a genuine scientist & journalist(Peter Hadfield)

Explains the real 'secret lab' in Wuhan that few people are really considering.
    It also explains the origin of many of the theories in this thread; I never realized because I hadn't seen laowhy86's video. I'm sure many of the lab theorists on here have seen that video!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good video, well worth watching. Though I doubt too many of the "believers" in it leaked from the Chinese lab will watch it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

2u2me wrote: »
    A good well sourced video here from a genuine scientist & journalist(Peter Hadfield)

It also explains the origin of many of the theories in this thread; I never realized because I hadn't seen laowhy86's video. I'm sure many of the lab theorists on here have seen that video!

And yet after all that....Prof Xiao Bo Tao (who knowing the CCP is not going to be doing much of anything for a long time), did say it was probable that the virus came from the Wuhan Virology Research Center.

Laoway86 is mates with serpentza, neither have an ounce of credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Wibbs wrote: »
    Good video, well worth watching. Though I doubt too many of the "believers" in it leaked from the Chinese lab will watch it.

Ate a bat in Wuhan and leaked from lab, both looking dubious at this stage

Bat contact in a village

Looking most likely

Chinese id say are scouring through villages, farms, caves, ancient sites etc now looking for those bats

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Ate a bat in Wuhan and leaked from lab, both looking dubious at this stage

Bat contact in a village

Looking most likely

Chinese id say are scouring through villages, farms, caves, ancient sites etc now looking for those bats

The US needs to drone the bats in the cave....smoke 'em out.

maninasia wrote: »
    And yet after all that....Prof Xiao Bo Tao (who knowing the CCP is not going to be doing much of anything for a long time), did say it was probable that the virus came from the Wuhan Virology Research Center.

It was addressed in the video from about 3mins 15secs.
    He's merely speculating.

He speculates about the Wuhan CDC and the Institute of Virology, though you'll note his image at the bottom implies he's moreso guessing the Wuhan CDC.

He recounts the story of a researcher working at the Wuhan CDC (Not the institute of virology) had been working collecting samples from bats in caves.
    The expert in collection was noted in the Author Contributions (JHT). Moreover, he was broadcasted for collecting viruses on nation-wide newspapers and websites in 2017 and 2019 7,8. He described that he was once by attacked by bats and the blood of a bat shot on his skin. He knew the extreme danger of the infection so he quarantined himself for 14 days 7. In another accident, he quarantined himself again because bats peed on him. He was once thrilled for capturing a bat carrying a live tick

The theorists 'patient zero' is Yang Yan Ling had been working at the Institute of Virology.

Prof Xiao says of the institute
    The second laboratory was ~12 kilometers from the seafood market and belonged to Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences 1, 9, 10. This laboratory reported that the Chinese horseshoe bats were natural reservoirs for the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) which caused the 2002-3 pandemic 9.

There's dozens of labs around the world studying such things. They need to collect samples somehow; all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

China is doing business in the wake of their virus.
    Aircraft leasing company BOC Aviation, controlled by the Chinese state, has become a major shareholder in Norwegian Air Shuttle as part of the ailing airline's rescue plan, Norwegian said Wednesday
    https://www.ibtimes.com/china-becomes-large-shareholder-norwegian-air-shuttle-2979498

Harris Introduces Resolution Condemning Use of ‘Wuhan Virus’ as Racist
    Americans split on whether it’s racist to call COVID-19 "the Chinese virus"

a1-We-Bvb-460swp.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52309414
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/25/coronavirus-exposed-china-history-racism-africans-guangzhou
    Africans in China: We face coronavirus discrimination
    In an echo of apartheid South Africa or segregation-era United States, a colour bar was imposed across the city:
    Africans were refused entry by hospitals, hotels, supermarkets, shops and food outlets.
    At one hospital, even a pregnant woman was denied access.

In a department store, an African woman was stopped at the entrance while her white friend was allowed in.

In a McDonald’s restaurant, a notice was put up saying “black people cannot come in”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

blinding wrote: »
    Racism must be Ok when the Leftists and Communists do it ! ! !
    People tend to forget that while the West has become more and more "right on" and "politically correct" sometimes to a painful degree, most of the rest of the world hasn't. That goes double in many Asian cultures. I still call it the Woo Flu on occasion and won't stop now and Harris can fcuk right off with himself and his resolution.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

"Popular belief isn't evidence" - ain't that the Goddamn truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

China need to apologize for how they handled the whole debacle and need to put things into place to ensure no more flu like viruses infect the world from there.
    Bird flu, SARS, and now Coronavirus all stem from the same place and it is the Chinese cultural idea of 'saving face' that prevents them from admitting the extent of the virus, also the fact the Chinese government said they had it under control and if it came out that for some reason they didnt then the Chinese people might start to show dissatisfaction with the one party government and it would leed to riots/revolution which is something they want to avoid at all costs. In China they are trying to spin it around with many state sponsored online media saying that the virus started in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

With regards to racism and Covid-19, you would think the left would have learned from how ridiculous they looked back in Jan/Feb when you had the likes CNN instantly moaning about how white the US administration's Coronavirus taskforce was and the NYT suggesting the initial travel restrictions that were put in place were motivated by xenophobia. Here's some excerpts from just one article from the NYT for an example of the latter, back on Feb 5th:

nyt-1.png
    nyt-2.png
    nyt3.png
    nyt-7.png

That same publication today of course is leading the call for America to remain shut down, whilst of course maintaining that Trump didn't take it seriously enough back when they clearly had been of course. Some turnaround.

Not that I expect the media to have called it right back in Feb, as the truth is most media outlets did not, but what is absolutely incredulous is for those that used the reaction of anyone that did take it serious, and had claimed that they were motivated by racism, to now be pulling the ole switcheroo and acting as if they in fact were the ones that took it serious and twas others that didn't. Give me a break.

One of the most jarring examples of just how quick certain circles were to play the racism card in response to the actions of those that were attempting to sound the alarm and take action to reduce the likelihood of being infected, was in Italy, when the Mayor of Florence launched a country wide campaign asking Italians to hug Chinese people on the street to stop "the hatred":

Many lessons can be learned from the missteps taken during this pandemic, hopefully the world will do so, otherwise, as the saying goes, we will be sure to repeat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Wibbs wrote: »
    People tend to forget that while the West has become more and more "right on" and "politically correct" sometimes to a painful degree, most of the rest of the world hasn't. That goes double in many Asian cultures. I still call it the Woo Flu on occasion and won't stop now and Harris can fcuk right off with himself and his resolution.

Unfortunately it wasn't two faced Simon, it was Kamala Harris (US) however, when I saw Harris I did think it was him myself, wouldn't put past him, it would only add to my already negative perception of him.

There's dozens of labs around the world studying such things. They need to collect samples somehow; all of them.

And what have they discovered that is of any use. It seems its all down side and no up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jesus christ pete. Start a blog or aomething. You're obsession with American media is unhealthy. Your ranting away there and its not even vaguely related to this thread. That isn't normal behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

biko wrote: »

Was China always this racist? Does anyone else find it funny how black people seem to have the worst outcome with this virus? Was it a lab manufactured virus?

Yes
    No
    No

• Advertisement

It's mad that the Chinese were literally indicted in Spain and Argentina for genocide and crimes against humanity for their suppression of Falun Gong(a modern qigong discipline combining slow-moving exercises and meditation with a moral philosophy centered on the tenets of truthfulness, compassion and tolerance).

Yet what gets people in a frenzy is that they are 'racist'.

It's weird that we've crossed a line into allowing people to be persecuted for their beliefs, but not for their skin colour. Aren't they both equally despicable?

Advertisement