Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chinese Big Lie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Kivaro wrote: »
    Yikes.
    New user from March.
    America: bad. China: good.

You do know that the Chinese were messing about with the Coronavirus and bats in labs in Wuhan 5 years ago?
    This is a known fact, as it was reported at the time back in 2015.

I've posted here for years in fact. This is my third incarnation, hence the 3.

Are you now claiming that the Chinese used the virus to attack their own people, on the hope that it would spread to the West, knowing the West, in particular the US, couldnt handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

At least it's only pulling the trigger on the report key rather than human beings to "clean things up " when people disagree with you

Sure thats terrible, on the other hand the US police state has more people locked up in total than China with 1/4 the population. Neither has much to do with me, but the US wars on the middle east do affect Europe, as does its crazed ideologies, while China's internal actions are its own affairs.

I am surprised how much US propaganda works here in Ireland. Maybe it is just an internet thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

FVP3 wrote: »
    Sure thats terrible, on the other hand the US police state has more people locked up in total than China with 1/4 the population. Neither has much to do with me, but the US wars on the middle east do affect Europe, as does its crazed ideologies, while China's internal actions are its own affairs.

I am surprised how much US propaganda works here in Ireland. Maybe it is just an internet thing.

I know which country I would want to live in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Agree, isn't it interesting how the media and public opinion doesn't really care or show much interest about the treatment of women and LGBT people in 'allies' Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I know which country I would want to live in
    Neither of them TBH S. Both cool places to visit and I've met few enough dickheads from either nation, but living there? If there was zero language barrier I've personally find it hard enough to split the difference between the US and China. There are certainly places in China I'd pick over some places in the US. I'd always pick most places in Europe than either of them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

Wibbs wrote: »
    Neither of them TBH S. Both cool places to visit and I've met few enough dickheads from either nation, but living there? If there was zero language barrier I've personally find it hard enough to split the difference between the US and China. There are certainly places in China I'd pick over some places in the US. I'd always pick most places in Europe than either of them.

Exactly, both places have their citizens spoon fed the narrative that the government wants them to hear. The yanks have everyone told they live in the greatest country on earth and the rest of us are quirky wierdos or religious fanatics. The vast majority never leave the country. China dispense with that nonsense and just limit the info available to jiu and mei li soap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

They will be held in the same esteem as Germany and Japan were in the middle of the last century when this is all over

And rightfully so. A horrid regime.

Wibbs wrote: »

Except Roscommon, obviously.

I tell the truth against sickening racists for free.

Right this thread needs cleaning up. I'm a trigger finger on the report key.

The more you shout "racist" the more ridiculous your posts become.

Nobody has a problem with Chinese people they have a problem with the regime.

You do realize the difference right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

China could have gave the heads up alot quicker. That cant be disputed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We knew what was happening pretty much instantly or within days of stuff happening.

I read on Twitter that Borris Johnson was briefed on the Covid19 issue mid December and didn’t hold any emergency meetings until March.

Italy had people dying with a strange pneumonia flu in Bergamot in late December and did nothing, they continued life as normal until they had 1000 confirmed Covid deaths.

Trump spent weeks saying it was a hoax and that he could handle it amd it was just a cold. In early March he said they had 100’s of thousands of cases and people had gotten better by sitting around or just going to work.

We all saw China lock down 20million people in a brutal multi city clamp down on movement

What the hell did we want !!

The truth is the west initially thought this was another Asian problem and it wouldn’t affect us. Now that it has the British and US are blaming the Chinese for not telling us in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Lets say they did give the heads up 2 to 3 weeks earlier it would have made no difference here. It's still very recent that Paddy's day parade was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

I was listening to a talk on vaccines today from a US expert. He was very appreciative of the work the Chinese did in decoding the genetic code or whatever it was for this virus. But, he was mostly talking about the vaccine for Ebola that has been used since the big outbreak in Africa in 2013. The vaccine originally came from Canada and was developed further in the US then manufactured in Germany and used to control further outbreaks of Ebola in Africa. The same guy was advocating the development of vaccines for this virus as a global public good, which I think probably will happen. In other words, if a vaccine is developed in the West, it would be distributed worldwide to health care workers as a priority worldwide, then to at risk populations worldwide and so on, and manufactured world-wide. I'd expect this is what will happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

This virus started in december. Surely if it happened in europe we would have known. China have a monopoly on virus any virus they should be on it more that they where. In fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This virus started in december. Surely if it happened in europe we would have known. China have a monopoly on virus any virus they should be on it more that they where. In fairness

Thankfully the people who had the flu have stopped claiming they had it in December.
    If we had it in December the ICU units would have been overflowing early January.
    It started in China there is no question in my mind about that, even the CCP will admit it.

China have a very bad record but not a monopoly, MERS and Ebola are recent ones that did not originate in China.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

plodder wrote: »
    I was listening to a talk on vaccines today from a US expert. He was very appreciative of the work the Chinese did in decoding the genetic code or whatever it was for this virus. But, he was mostly talking about the vaccine for Ebola that has been used since the big outbreak in Africa in 2013. The vaccine originally came from Canada and was developed further in the US then manufactured in Germany and used to control further outbreaks of Ebola in Africa. The same guy was advocating the development of vaccines for this virus as a global public good, which I think probably will happen. In other words, if a vaccine is developed in the West, it would be distributed worldwide to health care workers as a priority worldwide, then to at risk populations worldwide and so on, and manufactured world-wide. I'd expect this is what will happen.

I read in a report today on countries hijacking shipments of PPE, that a few weeks ago the US tried to take over a company in Germany making vaccines, 'for exclusive US use'. The company denied it but they also went through 3 CEOs inside a week..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/15/trump-offers-large-sums-for-exclusive-access-to-coronavirus-vaccine

https://www.businessinsider.com/curevac-coronavirus-vaccine-trump-germany-denial-2020-3?r=DE&IR=T

I read in a report today on countries hijacking shipments of PPE, that a few weeks ago the US tried to take over a company in Germany making vaccines, 'for exclusive US use'. The company denied it but they also went through 3 CEOs inside a week..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/15/trump-offers-large-sums-for-exclusive-access-to-coronavirus-vaccine

https://www.businessinsider.com/curevac-coronavirus-vaccine-trump-germany-denial-2020-3?r=DE&IR=T
    You have to understand America is a big and polarised country. One half of it voted for Trump, and even then, that doesn't mean they agree with everything he does, including trying to take over that vaccine company.

The other half of the country (160 million people) is probably less insular, a bit like the guy I was talking about

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

plodder wrote: »
    You have to understand America is a big and polarised country. One half of it voted for Trump, and even then, that doesn't mean they agree with everything he does, including trying to take over that vaccine company.

The other half of the country (160 million people) is probably less insular, a bit like the guy I was talking about

Yeah sure, but it's what the government do that matters, not the people.. not withstanding the upcoming election of course

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

It's more and more likely that this virus escaped out of the Bio lab in Wuhan. It was reported that a lab worker had previously been bitten by a Corona infected bat and self isolated some years ago.

We know bats carry it. We know bats can transfer to humans.

My feeling is that the Chinese regime prefers the story of it coming from wet markets more than the story of a bungling regime which let a virus escape a top security facility.

It's likely that a bat infected a lab technical.

It's far too coincidental that just a couple of hundred meters from the wet market reported to be the spark for infection, there's a level 4 security bio lab.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

jmayo wrote: »
    Would it be more correct to say Tibet is the biggest producer of some rare earth elements ?
    The biggest reserves are in Inner Mongolia, which is in northern China. But either way, my point was that it is naive to say that we can just mine everything we need ourselves. I was using rare earths as an example of an area of mining where the global supply is very dependent on China. There are some reserves in other countries of course, but it takes years to get a mine online so we will be dependent on China for this for the foreseeable future. If our access to China's supply gets cut off, the prices for consumer electronics, electric and hybrid vehicles, wind turbines and even magnets will skyrocket.

Another aspect of this is what Airyfairy12 was saying further up the thread:
    Also, I read something recently that highlighted the cost of smart phones, if smartphones were to be made in Europe and all pieces for the phone sourced in Europe and not Africa or China using child labor or the workers form these countries were paid properly, a smart phone could cost thousands and no ordinary person would be able to afford one. Buying smart phone or a laptop would be like buying a car in terms of cost.
    Its not practical. Western countries are too expensive.

I will try to find the link. It was really interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

It's more and more likely that this virus escaped out of the Bio lab in Wuhan. It was reported that a lab worker had previously been bitten by a Corona infected bat and self isolated some years ago.

My feeling is that the Chinese regime prefers the story of it coming from wet markets more than the story of a bungling regime which let a virus escape a top security facility.

It's far too coincidental that just a couple of hundred meters from the wet market reported to be the spark for infection, there's a level 4 security bio lab.

That was a fake story, just like the story that says the virus came from US P4 lab when the accident occurred last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

s982102 wrote: »
    That was a fake story, just like the story that says the virus came from US P4 lab when the accident occurred last summer.

Well the facilities aren't fake. The bio labs exist.

A bit too coincidental for my liking. A stone's throw from the purported outbreak? what are the chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Well the facilities aren't fake. The bio labs exist.

A bit too coincidental for my liking. A stone's throw from the purported outbreak? what are the chances?

The lab accident in the US also happened last year. Would this suggest the other story would be true, too? There is no hard evidence to support. The girl in the video you mentioned about was someone acting (check Fa Lun Gong and what the organisation does). Anyway, people choose what they believe.

Yeah sure, but it's what the government do that matters, not the people.. not withstanding the upcoming election of course
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure how much the Ebola vaccination program I mentioned depended on the government. Bill Gates' foundation contributed a lot to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

You would have to wonder why the Wuhan lab and experiments is being ignored by some posters.
    One can believe in coincidences and tell us that somehow there is no correlation to the report published in 2015 that stated it was a bad idea for the Chinese in Wuhan to be experimenting with Corinavirus and bats.
    Roll on 5 years and now we have a worldwide deadly pandemic originating in Wuhan that will cause many deaths, probably cause a Great Depression, and change all our lives forever.

Covid-19 and its possible mutations is not going away; it is something that we will have to fight for years to come. Nobody is saying it was deliberate, but we need to be honest about the origination of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

There was an events 201 global fake pandemic exercise which is very similar to whats happening now.
    The chinese health official person was attending there too. This was month before the outbreak.
    And it's just strange how the ones who discovered the virus trying to warn us all were silenced covering up the coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Western countries are too expensive.

Bull in your interpretation of it. What is expensive is the "shareholders dividend" and the Governments ever demanding tax take to fund fluffy projects that are pandering to a public's want as opposed to their need. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

America is far worse of course. I mean take a look at the last 20 years. Whats china done compared to the US? Has it killed millions of muslims based on lies? Invaded multiple countries? ...[]

They have 're-educated' millions of muslims in their internment camps.
    They have invaded Tibet and forced many asylum seekers, invaded territory in the South China Sea. It has also been proven they harvest the organs of their prisoners. They condemn and ban ideas as docile as Falun Gong. They quell all political opposition. They are repressive and authoritarian(Hong Kong, Taiwan). The moment you live under this regime is the moment you realize you would hate it.

They do however seem to be handling this epidemic much better. I guess its much easier in an authoritarian state to get compliance from your citizens. This is the one and only situation I may opt to live in China over the US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Scarinae wrote: »
    If our access to China's supply gets cut off, the prices for consumer electronics, electric and hybrid vehicles, wind turbines and even magnets will skyrocket.

Also over the last decade they have been acquiring much of the world's gold deposits probably to diversify away from the dollar and hedge against harm from a trade war that is(was?) happening.

Advertisement