Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

niallo27 wrote: »
    Your phone would probably be dead in a few hours, what do you do then. We will have a choice, there is no way they could enforce this.

In the near future compulsory micro chipping of every person in the country with a tracking device will be technologically possible, actually it`s probably possible right now. Maybe done in conjunction with administration of a vaccine assuming one is developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Why would you be out for a few hours Niallo? If working surely you can charge on the move?

Proper gps is hugely draining on the battery, I though this situation was for when some restrictions were lifted, this would be so that we could go out for a few hours I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You can't even grasp the concept of how it is possible that an Irish person is capable of being aware, interested and knowledgeable on what is going on in Ireland right now so that actually goes some way to making me understand why you are not grasping the need for the current strategy.

I have a very simple retort for you, YOU ARE NOT LIVING HERE so I suggest you save your smart comments and ignorance for those who may wish to humour you.

flazio wrote: »
    How many of you Android phone users still have "timeline" active on your Google maps? That'll show you quickly where you've been quite accurately.

Only if you used Google maps and followed a route, other than that it shouldht technically track you.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

Everyone seems understandably focused on the FIRST restrictions that will be lifted.

Anyone willing to guess what the LAST restrictions will be lifted? i.e. things that might be in place until there is a vaccine in 12-18 months time.

I would guess that the last restrictions to be lifted will be:
    - Work from home for roles where it is possible.
    - Social distancing in queues / more spaced out restaurants.
    - Cruise ship trips.
    - Concerts.
    - Large gatherings for sporting events.

I suspect that all of the above will be in place for at least a year.

• Advertisement

In the near future compulsory micro chipping of every person in the country with a tracking device will be technologically possible, actually it`s probably possible right now. Maybe done in conjunction with administration of a vaccine assuming one is developed.
    Not sure if your taking the piss or not.

Do you expect that comment to be taken seriously or have you spent too long reading 1984?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

niallo27 wrote: »
    Not sure if your taking the piss or not.

Oh he’s serious alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,925 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

So after exactly 500 cases today - is that the government using the data in a rounded way to get us ready for next restrictions.

What would be the next step - no outside activity , reduced shopping.

To be honest - I'd rather keep our 2 km and restrict the daft over shopping going on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

reg114 wrote: »
    Honestly I see restaurants and pubs amongst the last businesses to reopen in a phased transition out of lockdown. Ultimately even if you control numbers entering a restaurant or pub, people are sitting in close proximity to each other for extended periods of time, throw in the added effect of gargle and any discipline will go out the window. Publicans are in for a long few months.

if its phased restrictions it will be about numbers rather than venues. The virus doesn't discriminate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

You'll have no choice soon enough and I could care less if I'm tracked personally. This is far more important than my civil liberties.

I sincerely hope only a small number of people share your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Szero wrote: »
    Everyone seems understandably focused on the FIRST restrictions that will be lifted.

Anyone willing to guess what the LAST restrictions will be lifted? i.e. things that might be in place until there is a vaccine in 12-18 months time.

Card games (community ones involving 20+ people, mostly middle-aged/elderly). They must be the ultimate covid incubator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I have a very simple retort for you, YOU ARE NOT LIVING HERE so I suggest you save your smart comments and ignorance for those who may wish to humour you.

Have you not noticed that this is a global conversation. Notwithstanding that, my communication and concern for friends and family more than entitles me to take part in such a discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

Szero wrote: »

I would guess that the last restrictions to be lifted will be:
    - Work from home for roles where it is possible.
    - Social distancing in queues / more spaced out restaurants.
    - Cruise ship trips.
    - Concerts.
    - Large gatherings for sporting events.

I suspect that all of the above will be in place for at least a year.

All the restrictions will be lifted as soon as the state will have run out of money. And it will happen pretty soon. And there won't be a vaccine for Covid as it's mutate frequently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

You'll have no choice soon enough and I could care less if I'm tracked personally. This is far more important than my civil liberties.

This is simply not going to happen

Have you not noticed that this is a global conversation. Notwithstanding that, my communication and concern for friends and family more than entitles me to take part in such a discussion.

Have you noticed that you are not living in Ireland therefore you have no first hand experience of what life is like here.
    I could care less if you wish to be part of the discussion, my issue is with pervious comments from you that you had the audacity to tell others how they should feel.
    Btw I love the word 'entitle' you should use it more often.
    Kindly refrain from commenting to me any further. I have no desire to receive an infraction because of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Might be lifted for Christmas. Was just thinking this New Year’s Eve could be whopper cos it brings an end to 2020 and I normally don’t like ny eve

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

They've been quite clear that they wont be waiting for a vaccine and that it will become part of life that there will be cases for a long time to come. Albeit with the aim of any serious ones being manageable

For what it's worth I think, these level of restrictions until after the May bank holiday, after that a step back to the restrictions from 2 weeks ago with some services & shops reopening, hairdressers, cafes offering take out etc. Then after June bank holiday a further reopening of remaining shops and services with the aim to have restaurants and bars open by middle to end of June.

State exams early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭facehugger99

This is far more important than my civil liberties.

So this is how liberty dies....

...with thunderous applause.

All the restrictions will be lifted as soon as the state will have run out of money. And it will happen pretty soon. And there won't be a vaccine for Covid as it's mutate frequently.

You should let all those companies, universities, scientists know that they are wasting time and money on their silly ideas.

• Advertisement

So this is how liberty dies....

...with thunderous applause.

It didn’t take much.

A virus that’s killing a median age of 80, and so far 0.12% of the at risk population in Italy.

What’s the cure?

Surrender liberty
    Willingness to be micro chipped like a Jack Russell
    Willingness for constant tracking
    A breakdown of all civil unity, Maggie posted a parcel earlier and she nearly lost her life

ITman88 wrote: »
    It didn’t take much.

A virus that’s killing a median age of 80, and so far 0.12% of the at risk population in Italy.

What’s the cure?

Surrender liberty
    A breakdown of all civil unity, Maggie posted a parcel earlier and she nearly lost her life

Why do you reckon you know more what is going on than the WHO and the governments of most countries in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

It didn’t take much.

What’s the cure?

Surrender liberty

Dont forgot an utterly suspicious neighbourhood, friends shopping friends to the guards, and in six months they'll have to see each other at the school gate and pretend everything is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It didn’t take much.

What’s the cure?

Surrender liberty

In fairness was it one person that said they wouldn’t mind being tracked? The hyperbole on this thread from both sides is breathtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Why do you reckon you know more what is going on than the WHO and the governments of most countries in the world?

Voters. Money. Goals. Performance reviews. Bonuses. RoI. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It didn’t take much.

What’s the cure?

Surrender liberty

It's very easy to manipulate weak-minded people with fear unfortunately.

Voters. Money. Goals. Performance reviews. Bonuses. RoI. Etc.

In what way do these elements tie in with what is happening?

Well done, this is comfortably the most bat**** insane post of the entire Covid 19 sub forum so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,604 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

So if we lift restrictions without a vaccine it stands to reason the infection rates will spike yes?
    If that happens hospitals get overwhelmed yes?
    So anyone that has a serious accident and needs to be hospitalised more than likely dies as they can’t access the hospitals due to them being overwhelmed yes?
    So the indirect and direct death rate due to c19 after we lift restrictions without a vaccine will be off the scale worldwide......... and some of you guys are advocating this?
    Lmfao!!! How fcukin stupid can people be!!

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    In fairness was it one person that said they wouldn’t mind being tracked? The hyperbole on this thread from both sides is breathtaking.

They did, and that’s why I said willingness.

Not minding being tracked is a willingness???

Or am I wrong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement