Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

Logan Roy wrote: »
    You should let all those companies, universities, scientists know that they are wasting time and money on their silly ideas.

What I mean is that we should not be waiting for the vaccine to start normal life. If it's developed, good, but the virus with us forever and no need to destroy our future and economy,

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Why do you reckon you know more what is going on than the WHO and the governments of most countries in the world?

Your question makes little sense to the post you have quoted.

The post you have quoted was a response to a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

tom1ie wrote: »
    So if we lift restrictions without a vaccine it stands to reason the infection rates will spike yes?
    If that happens hospitals get overwhelmed yes?
    So anyone that has a serious accident and needs to be hospitalised more than likely dies as they can’t access the hospitals due to them being overwhelmed yes?
    So the indirect and direct death rate due to c19 after we lift restrictions without a vaccine will be off the scale worldwide......... and some of you guys are advocating this?
    Lmfao!!! How fcukin stupid can people be!!

Give us an alternative so. Are you suggesting a full lockdown until a vaccine comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

So if we lift restrictions without a vaccine it stands to reason the infection rates will spike yes?
    So anyone that has a serious accident and needs to be hospitalised more than likely dies as they can’t access the hospitals due to them being overwhelmed yes?
    So the indirect and direct death rate due to c19 after we lift restrictions without a vaccine will be off the scale worldwide......... and some of you guys are advocating this?

I'm looking forward to your next post on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

ITman88 wrote: »
    They did, and that’s why I said willingness.

Not minded being tracked is a willingness???

Or am I wrong

Yes one person, this is what’s happening all over this thread someone says something often stupid or dumb and then people use sweeping statements like ‘the lockdown fetishists’ to describe anyone that thinks the lockdown is worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So you are advocating the present lockdown till a vaccine is found?
    The Austrians are going to start lifting some restrictions they have no vaccine as yet but life has to continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,604 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

niallo27 wrote: »
    Give us an alternative so. Are you suggesting a full lockdown until a vaccine comes.

What other option is there.
    Until we have a vaccine, we r stuck.

So you are advocating the present lockdown till a vaccine is found.
    The Austrians are going to start lifting some restrictions they have no vaccine as yet but life has to continue.

Nope. I am merely stating facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I didn't know Dominic Cummings had so many Boards.ie accounts.

F*cking hell, the level of discourse on this thread is shocking.

People saying, " who cares if a few old people die".

Simplistic viewpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Your question makes little sense to the post you have quoted.

The post you have quoted was a response to a reaction.

Ah, so you are saying that you do not think that what is happening is excessive but merely wrote that post to be dramatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Allinall

So you are advocating the present lockdown till a vaccine is found.

Unfortunately life won’t continue for awful lot of people.

Therein lies the dilemma.

So you are advocating the present lockdown till a vaccine is found?

'Why are you talking about Austria. YOU'RE IN IRELAND.'

See how ridiculous that statement seems?

I didn't know Dominic Cummings had so many Boards.ie accounts.

F*cking hell, the level of discourse on this thread is shocking.

People saying, " who cares if a few old people die".

Simplistic viewpoint.

Please do share your analysis of the situation or are you just here to complain about other's thoughts?

What other option is there.
    Until we have a vaccine, we r stuck.

No we aren’t, as more is known about the spread different things can be done and rules changed. There is a middle ground between waiting for a vaccine and ending lockdown. I’d say currently the most important thing is to stop the medical services getting overwhelmed but as that eases and the identification testing etc improves then some restrictions can be dropped or loosened.

Allinall wrote: »
    Unfortunately life won’t continue for awful lot of people.

Therein lies the dilemma.

You could make that sweeping statement at absolutely any point in time

Nope. I am merely stating facts.

Well i'll state a few things I'm aware of. It has been suggested despite all the different groups working towards a vaccine that we will be waiting up to 18 months. Trails and verification all have to take place. Rushing a vaccine despite the desire is not a good idea.
    The economy of most countries are hurtling towards the cliff if not already over it. Money will run and government will face a stark
    At present the health of the 'few' is being protected and should be for as long as possible but a tipping point for the 'greater good' is coming and soon. Would I like to be the one to make the decision about when the needs of many outweighs the few, nope. I certainly understand it has to done though.
    Now that's a pragmatic answer. I could give you an emotional answer and say lockdown till the vaccine, but I'm a pragmatist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Well done, this is comfortably the most bat**** insane post of the entire Covid 19 sub forum so far.

I mean, the Gates have suggested it, so not sure why its seen as so outlandish. They are very close to tattooing people in developing countries and with the willingness of people here to do whatever their told out of fear, dont be so surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Allinall

You could make that sweeping statement at absolutely any point in time

Absolutely.

I mean, the Gates have suggested it, so not sure why its seen as so outlandish. They are very close to tattooing people in developing countries and with the willingness of people here to do whatever their told out of fear, dont be so surprised.

Well done you.

False claim: Bill Gates planning to use microchip implants to fight coronavirus

False: Bill Gates foresees the use of “digital certificates” with health records, but did not say these would be in the form of microchip implants. There are no plans to use this future technology during the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-coronavirus-bill-gates-micr/false-claim-bill-gates-planning-to-use-microchip-implants-to-fight-coronavirus-idUSKBN21I3EC

'Why are you talking about Austria. YOU'RE IN IRELAND.'

See how ridiculous that statement seems?

Actually your reply was ridiculous, I said Austria is going to start lifting restrictions, I have not informed any Austrian how they should cope under their regime. You are making a fool of yourself again.
    Now I did ask you to refrain from commenting to me, why you would ignore a simple and easy request is honestly strange, are you trying to get grounds to report a post of mine?

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    No we aren’t, as more is known about the spread different things can be done and rules changed. There is a middle ground between waiting for a vaccine and ending lockdown. I’d say currently the most important thing is to stop the medical services getting overwhelmed but as that eases and the identification testing etc improves then some restrictions can be dropped or loosened.

The virus will go from one host and infect another that hasn’t been infected yet.
    How do you stop this from happening, you put people on a lockdown until the virus has no more hosts to infect and then dies.
    There are no half measures.

Well done you.

False claim: Bill Gates planning to use microchip implants to fight coronavirus

False: Bill Gates foresees the use of “digital certificates” with health records, but did not say these would be in the form of microchip implants. There are no plans to use this future technology during the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-coronavirus-bill-gates-micr/false-claim-bill-gates-planning-to-use-microchip-implants-to-fight-coronavirus-idUSKBN21I3EC

Oh no. Oh baby. Explain the difference of a digital record with the private key being held by owner and a 'microchip'. A digital health record with they key (microchip, whatever) is the goal, and you guys will all be signing up

Well i'll state a few things I'm aware of. It has been suggested despite all the different groups working towards a vaccine that we will be waiting up to 18 months. Trails and verification all have to take place. Rushing a vaccine despite the desire is not a good idea.
    The economy of most countries are hurtling towards the cliff if not already over it. Money will run and government will face a stark
    At present the health of the 'few' is being protected and should be for as long as possible but a tipping point for the 'greater good' is coming and soon. Would I like to be the one to make the decision about when the needs of many outweighs the few, nope. I certainly understand it has to done though.
    Now that's a pragmatic answer. I could give you an emotional answer and say lockdown till the vaccine, but I'm a pragmatist.

But hears the rub. You say we are doing this to protect the few, if the restrictions are lifted it won’t be the few who die it’ll be all ages, as the hospital services will be completely overwhelmed. That’s the point.
    It will come to a point of economy vs people.

Oh no. Oh baby. Explain the difference of a digital record with the private key being held by owner and a 'microchip'. A digital health record with they key (microchip, whatever) is the goal, and you guys will all be signing up

Even when they tried to tie all services to the public services card I refused to sign up as it was open to abuse, many bridges to cross before Big Brother gets his ultimate wish.

The virus will go from one host and infect another that hasn’t been infected yet.
    How do you stop this from happening, you put people on a lockdown until the virus has no more hosts to infect and then dies.

Yes I understand how it happens, what your describing would take the entire planet to do something that is just not practical as too many people will have to work to keep countries running. It can be slowed down and controlled but there is a balance between total lockdown and starting to move to the next phase.

But hears the rub. You say we are doing this to protect the few, if the restrictions are lifted it won’t be the few who die it’ll be all ages, as the hospital services will be completely overwhelmed. That’s the point.
    It will come to a point of economy vs people.

Without an economy, there is no people.

Using your theory every single person would have to isolate.
    Including all emergency services and essential workers staying at home.

I suppose it could work if we all stayed in and didn’t act the maggot

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Please do share your analysis of the situation or are you just here to complain about other's thoughts?

Mainly I'm posting because I'm in shock at the stupidity of the posts I'm seeing.

The lockdown is having an impact on the spread of the disease. An extension will be necessary.

I wish I wasn't seeing people failing to Socially distance, like young fellas playing football and my neighbours letting their kids play together and standing beside each other a passing things between them.

This idea that it's just old people dieing that would die on a few months anyway is completely misguided. The disease is extremely infectious and the health system will be overwhelmed easily and many, many more will die than just old or vulnerable people.

No one wants to die when they're 70 or 80. To see older generations as collateral damage in the name of the economy is psychopathic. People with that opinion have no empathy, must not have children or parents.

It's pathetic and disheartening. The only good thing is that these people are the minority and most would see their opinions as outlandish and offensive.

I mean, someone suggested their should be a March in Dublin in support of removing the lockdown? What a f*cking crackpot suggestion.

Using your theory every single person would have to isolate.
    Including all emergency services and essential workers staying at home.

I suppose it could work if we all stayed in and didn’t act the maggot

There's a thought!

• Advertisement

The poster you quoted my reply to mentioned a microchip tracking device implanted into people. There's quite a significant difference between this and a digital health record.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement