Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sherlock Holmes over here

If you wish to engage in name calling I can see it not having a good outcome tbh.

I don't have the energy to argue with an army of gobsh*tes.

Seems the above account will only be on Boards briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Anyone know where GNIB might stand in the hierarchy of services being reopened? I know someone who moved over in the last few weeks that is completely stuck in limbo and has we can't find much word of anything about potential dates of reopening, or where it stands compared to other services in terms of 'essential' priority.

At least they're auto renewing visas etc until then at least, but still waiting on a PPS number means they're kind of stuck at the moment about getting anything going in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1129580/
    What was the quality of life like during the 20s I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

ITman88 wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1129580/
    What was the quality of life like during the 20s I wonder

But we can get through this together, fighting spirit... for the sake of a 200,000 people who'd be dead by the end of next year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Anyone know where GNIB might stand in the hierarchy of services being reopened? I know someone who moved over in the last few weeks that is completely stuck in limbo and has we can't find much word of anything about potential dates of reopening, or where it stands compared to other services in terms of 'essential' priority.

At least they're auto renewing visas etc until then at least, but still waiting on a PPS number means they're kind of stuck at the moment about getting anything going in the country.

Suspect at least the end of the month unless they start processing some cases without visits to the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any ideas on how restrictions will be relaxed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Er, 80% have mild symptoms.
    It's actually much higher as just over 50% have no symptoms. 80% of confirmed cases have mild symptoms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭arctictree

Anyone know if plastic surgeons should be working away?

Gael23 wrote: »

No one here can answer that ,as it appears the government and the expert group have no idea either. If they have they certainly are keeping the public in the dark.

• Advertisement

Italy is already mentioning next week to ease some ,as the above poster has said, our government’s plan is to sit it out and watch the economy burn until someone somewhere asks some questions

Would like to see some easing on those cocooning. Particularly over 70s in good health. At least to allow them to do their own shopping and for limited exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Orgies of no more than 10 people will be allowed from next Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Italy is already mentioning next week to ease some ,as the above poster has said, our government’s plan is to sit it out and watch the economy burn until someone somewhere asks some questions

I just thank god, that other countries are trying different options , so we can see what works. Irish government and inaction go hand in hand, they are hyper conservative, which is good when they shut things down at a good time, I fear the conservatism, while good then, will hurt us in other ways now though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Would like to see some easing on those cocooning. Particularly over 70s in good health. At least to allow them to do their own shopping and for limited exercise

Surely if you are relaxing the restrictions, you start the the other end, with younger people as they are much less likely to be negatively impacted if infected.

Orgies of no more than 10 people will be allowed from next Friday

And with social distancing measures in place, those with shorter appendages shall be resigned to tea making duties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Surely if you are relaxing the restrictions, you start the the other end, with younger people as they are much less likely to be negatively impacted if infected.

That seems to be the plan for Australia, getting the young and healthy back out there

Think they have mentioned an "immunity certificate" today too

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I just thank god, that other countries are trying different options , so we can see what works. Irish government and inaction go hand in hand, they are hyper conservative, which is good when they shut things down at a good time, I fear the conservatism, while good then, will hurt us in other ways now though...

The restrictions are in place almost a month.

The curve is flattened.

Any surplus restrictions are crippling for the future.

Instead we have Gardai released with 5 weeks training in Templemore out on the beat this evening.
    5 weeks training to implement a law open to interpretation.
    Surely I’m not the only one thinks that’s a strange approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Szero wrote: »
    Everyone seems understandably focused on the FIRST restrictions that will be lifted.

Anyone willing to guess what the LAST restrictions will be lifted? i.e. things that might be in place until there is a vaccine in 12-18 months time.

I would guess that the last restrictions to be lifted will be:
    - Work from home for roles where it is possible.
    - Social distancing in queues / more spaced out restaurants.
    - Cruise ship trips.
    - Concerts.
    - Large gatherings for sporting events.

I suspect that all of the above will be in place for at least a year.

I can't see concerts or sports events with crowds being back for another year at the very earliest or when a vaccine is found. Having thousands of people in a confined space next to each other could result in a massive surge resulting in lockdown crashing the economy again. Large scale sports events like euro 2021, Olympics 2021 and the conclusion of the football leagues as well as next seasons leagues will be carried out behind closed doors with TV coverage. That's the new normal for sports now but concerts forget it.

Diarmuid wrote: »

Maybe a give a little to everyone sort of approach?

• Advertisement

The curve is flattened.

Instead we have Gardai released with 5 weeks training in Templemore out on the beat this evening.

You're not. But you are vastly in the minority.

The curve is flattened.

It's not a month.

What would you have the Gardai do? Just leave the idiots who want to travel everywhere to it?

"Tis the gubberments fault" "I'm entited to do wa i wan"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Maybe a give a little to everyone sort of approach?

The lockdown is primarily in place to protect the vulnerable - which are the elderly and the immuno-supressed - it is only right as restrictions are lifted , that the elderly and vulnerable remain cocooned , and the healthy and under 70 can return to ther life and resume services that will help all society.
    And I am not young myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

BanditLuke wrote: »
    "Tis the gubberments fault" "I'm entited to do wa i wan"

listen, I'm staying at home. But I am mid thirties, and lived here my entire life. The Irish government, wouldnt do urgent, unless its the bank guarantee! Surprised they arent having multiple public consultations on what they should do next. Leo is probably out flying his kite, while we speak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

The upward slope of the curve has been reduced, the time to consider reducing restrictions is after the slope has clearly turned negative.

The upward slope of the curve has been reduced, the time to consider reducing restrictions is after the slope has clearly turned negative.

In a single week we have doubled the amount of health care workers who are infected as well as doubled the amount of deaths. Talk of reducing restrications at the present time is an insult to every single health worker who is putting their own life on the line to save others.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    In a single week we have doubled the amount of health care workers who are infected as well as doubled the amount of deaths. Talk of reducing restrications at the present time is an insult to every single health worker who is putting their own life on the line to save others.

Don't think the poster was saying that. I read their post as saying that we are reaching a peak, but that it is not yet turned in to a negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

listen, I'm staying at home. But I am mid thirties, and lived here my entire life. The Irish government, wouldnt do urgent, unless its the bank guarantee! Surprised they arent having multiple public consultations on what they should do next. Leo is probably out flying his kite, while we speak!

You really don't like the government, do you!

You seem to spend so much time tearing into them.

Are you anti gov or anti FG?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Do you ever get tired of banging this drum? You know for a fact that the government have no plan and have evidence of same?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement