Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Well if it’s more than one then he’s got a chronic eating disorder and his obesity & probable diabetes are an affront to and a drain on the rest of us

You’re not smart enough to figure out a user called Kiki with a female avatar isn’t a he so I’ll be leaving you to it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,925 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

KiKi III wrote: »
    If this is the level of discussion you’re capable of, I’ll leave you to it. Have a good afternoon.

So before you throw stones - lay off the shopping - I'd say you are one of these 3/4 times a week +

Be safe - shop less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Last week, I saw it gradually getting busier and busier and I thought about ringing the station and letting them know they might want to send someone down. It wasn’t the Stasi level stuff people on here are envisioning.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, I too see an increase in cars and bodies around Waterford City and surrounds in recent days. I am sure everyone is going stir crazy at this stage and would understand why people would want out of the house, I totally get that.

Again, I hope with adherence to the restrictions and people taking personal responsibility and doing their own bit, collectively we will end this sooner rather than later.

Last week, I saw it gradually getting busier and busier and I thought about ringing the station and letting them know they might want to send someone down. It wasn’t the Stasi level stuff people on here are envisioning.

I agree with you, I too see an increase in cars and bodies around Waterford City and surrounds in recent days. I am sure everyone is going stir crazy at this stage and would understand why people would want out of the house, I totally get that.

Again, I hope with adherence to the restrictions and people taking personal responsibility and doing their own bit, collectively we will end this sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - you can leave your house ? :confused:

Great craic here by the canal in rathmines, plenty boozing and even a dude playing guitar, happy days

take a picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

You can also get booze in most small local Centras? You’re proving my point more than your own. Offy not necessary.

So you want to take the people who are queueing and shopping for alcohol in off licenses, and the people who are queuing and shopping for food and other necessities in supermarkets, and merge the two so they're all now queuing and shopping in the same place?

Yeah, that sound like a genius way to reduce transmission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

You’re not smart enough to figure out a user called Kiki with a female avatar isn’t a he so I’ll be leaving you to it too.

Can’t see avatars on my phone- enjoy your food shop chubbs, your holier then thou attitude will be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

I thought your avatar was Ron Weasley tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

glasso wrote: »
    I believe that this data is very important in terms of phase II and relaxation of restrictions

https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preliminary-german-study-shows-a-covid-19-infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

the population of Gangelt is about 11,000. please note that antibody testing is testing after the fact, not for case numbers.

the infection fatality rate directly correlates to the infection ICU rate and the infection hospitalisation rate. if they are much lower than previously thought/ assumed then this could (and arguably should) influence the phase II plan

the measures have been directly linked to health service capacity and if that the situation is not as bad as thought in that regard that will be influenced.

of course having an accurate on-site (no lab) test and technology assisted contact tracing will be very important also.

The Iceland study also found a fatality rate of 0.37%.
    Looks like that is the real figure

MOH wrote: »
    So you want to take the people who are queueing and shopping for alcohol in off licenses, and the people who are queuing and shopping for food and other necessities in supermarkets, and merge the two so they're all now queuing and shopping in the same place?

Trip to local shop and off license or even do both in one - 5 mins little to no people

Tescos - 1 hour with 100s of people.

Close small shop :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Sorry - you can leave your house ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Now you tell me :D:D:D

The people who are queuing in the offy are also queuing in the supermarket.

I’m sugggesting they put a few bottles of wine or beer into their trolley and queue once in one location instead of twice in two locations.

It’s not rocket science.

I’m sugggesting they put a few bottles of wine or beer into their trolley and queue once in one location instead of twice in two locations.

It’s not rocket science.

There is no queue - there are less people and less time.

It is risk science - not rocket.

There is no queue - there are less people and less time.

It is risk science - not rocket.

Food shop = 1 queue
    Offy = 1 queue

1 + 1 = 2

Buy your food and drink together = 1 queue total

Food shop = 1 queue
    Offy = 1 queue

1 + 1 = 2

It is time and number of people - you don't get this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Government press conference due at 4pm.

Where have you seen this?
    Cheers

Food shop = 1 queue
    Offy = 1 queue

1 + 1 = 2

And if you want it in your wrong maths format for you

Trips*(1)*Time = Risk Rating
    you = 5000

Me
    Trips*(1+1)*200 = 400

It is time and number of people - you don't get this ?

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you encounter 25 people in the shop and 5 in the offy, you’ve increased the total number of people interacted with by 25%.

Two trips to two locations is a greater risk than one trip to one location. Especially when that one location is the essential one and the second is completely optional.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you encounter 25 people in the shop and 5 in the offy, you’ve increased the total number of people interacted with by 25%.

Two trips to two locations is a greater risk than one trip to one location. Especially when that one location is the essential one and the second is completely optional.

But - I keep telling you there are 100s in tesco combined with lots of time - and zero in small local shop.
    And very few in local centra.

You do not need to go to a big shop - (maybe once every 2 weeks)

and in particular not as often as you are.

You are the problem going shopping all the time to entertain yourelf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

glasso wrote: »
    take a picture?

The dude playing guitar is polish and looks ex military so no chance, he is good though. He’s just gone and Gardaí walking around but only asking where people live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

It’s not rocket science.

Can you please provide a reliable source of figures to prove the percentages of people who are queueing in the off licence who are also then going and queueing in the supermarket?

Because basic common sense would suggest that people who were out to shop for both food and drink would indeed go to the supermarket and buy both there since, as you so astutely pointed out, it is not in fact rocket science.

But the fact that people are still going to off licences would suggest either they're totally unaware of this - in which case perhaps we need to kind of government information campaign to make people aware that they can buy alcohol in supermarkets - or that they're actually just buying alcohol, in which case they're quite logically doing so in a premises designated specifically for that purpose, rather than wasting other people's time taking up valuable space in a supermarket.

Have you also considered closing chemists? You can buy paracetemol and the like in a supermarket. Or maybe just keep them for prescriptions only.
    And all forms of takeaway food - you can buy food in a supermarket, and take it away. I bet if we put our thinking caps on we can come up with a whole range of businesses we can shut down. For the good of the country, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Great craic here by the canal in rathmines, plenty boozing and even a dude playing guitar, happy days

There is always 1 ar$ehole with a guitar isnt there.

But - I keep telling you there are 100s in tesco - and zero in small local shop.
    And very few in local centra.

You do not need to go to a big shop - (maybe once every 2 weeks)

and in particular not as often as you are.

You are the problem going shopping all the time to entertain yourelf.

This will be my last post to you because at this stage I actually think you’re just trolling.

Just in case you’re not: There are no shops with hundreds of people in them. Supermarkets are operating very strict one in one out policies so that a limited number of people are inside at any given time and you encounter very few of them directly.

You are just making up things about me and my shopping habits either to troll or because it’s easier than discussing things with me based on logic, which seems to be an issue for you.

Can you please provide a reliable source of figures to prove the percentages of people who are queueing in the off licence who are also then going and queueing in the supermarket?

Because basic common sense would suggest that people who were out to shop for both food and drink would indeed go to the supermarket and buy both there since, as you so astutely pointed out, it is not in fact rocket science.

But the fact that people are still going to off licences would suggest either they're totally unaware of this - in which case perhaps we need to kind of government information campaign to make people aware that they can buy alcohol in supermarkets - or that they're actually just buying alcohol, in which case they're quite logically doing so in a premises designated specifically for that purpose, rather than wasting other people's time taking up valuable space in a supermarket.

Have you also considered closing chemists? You can buy paracetemol and the like in a supermarket. Or maybe just keep them for prescriptions only.
    And all forms of takeaway food - you can buy food in a supermarket, and take it away. I bet if we put our thinking caps on we can come up with a whole range of businesses we can shut down. For the good of the country, of course.

Farms have to grow food too - could we close shops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

pgj2015 wrote: »
    There is always 1 ar$ehole with a guitar isnt there.

Yes asking for trouble, he’s good though wish you were here followed by tears in heaven so good taste

It’s amazing to me that people on this thread genuinely seem to equate food and medicine with alcohol in terms of necessity. Have a think on that.

Dont even bother trying to point out this logic - I've been doing so for about 10 pages now and all you'll get is some smug response about alcoholism.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Food shop = 1 queue
    Offy = 1 queue

1 + 1 = 2

*bangs head on table*

So one big long cue is better than two small ones? Are we honestly that bored that we are debating this?

It’s amazing to me that people on this thread genuinely seem to equate food and medicine with alcohol in terms of necessity. Have a think on that.

But in this instance, according to you logic, people are making unnecessary trips because they have not bought enough food.

How can you not get this? You are accusing others of trolling but you keep showing an inability to understand really basic logic.

• Advertisement

This will be my last post to you because at this stage I actually think you’re just trolling.

Just in case you’re not: There are no shops with hundreds of people in them. Supermarkets are operating very strict one in one out policies so that a limited number of people are inside at any given time and you encounter very few of them directly.

You are just making up things about me and my shopping habits either to troll or because it’s easier than discussing things with me based on logic, which seems to be an issue for you.

You have to queue to get into most shops and there are 100s in my local Tesco - so won't go.

I genuinely think people shopping too much is a big problem. But you will not say how much you go shopping. It is a reasonable question and is relevant to the biggest risk out there at present - shopping.

I see a sizable group of middle class out shopping way too much and this has had little or no impact on their shopping habits - they are actually shopping more and not being responsible about it.

If everyone just shopped less it would help things a lot.
    sales up well over 20 %.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement