Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

never_mind wrote: »
    *bangs head on table*

So one big long cue is better than two small ones? Are we honestly that bored that we are debating this?

If they are 2 metres apart it's ok. Milk for Jim, wine for Mary and vape liquid for Thomàs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

KiKi III wrote: »
    It’s amazing to me that people on this thread genuinely seem to equate food and medicine with alcohol in terms of necessity. Have a think on that.

It's amazing to me that people who claim to be only interested in following Government COVID-19 guidelines are actually using a global pandemic to push their own separate agendas. Have a think on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can you buy drink today it being good friday, Im going for a few cans. This is a genuine question by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

*bangs head on table*

So one big long cue is better than two small ones? Are we honestly that bored that we are debating this?

Apparently so.

I’ll have one more go.

Supermarket = essential (you’re going either way)
    Booze = non-essential

Luckily, in the supermarket they sell booze. So on your essential trip to the supermarket it’s incredibly easy to pick up some alcohol too. Everyone you meet at the supermarket you’re meeting regardless of whether or not you get alcohol, because you have to go there to feed yourself one way or the other.

No need for the second, non-essential trip, second encounter with a cashier, second card machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

niallo27 wrote: »
    Can you buy drink today it being good friday, Im going for a few cans. This is a genuine question by the way.

Yes. Just walked past an offy that was open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,655 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looks like were getting an extension :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes

MOH wrote: »
    It's amazing to me that people who claim to be only interested in following Government COVID-19 guidelines are actually using a global pandemic to push their own separate agendas. Have a think on that.

What agenda do you imagine I’m “pushing”?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

MOH wrote: »

I thought it was just me that saw an agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Apparently so.

I’ll have one more go.

Booze = non-essential

Luckily, in the supermarket they sell booze. So on your essential trip to the supermarket it’s incredibly easy to pick up some alcohol too. Everyone you meet at the supermarket you’re meeting regardless of whether or not you get alcohol, because you have to go there to feed yourself one way or the other.

No need for the second, non-essential trip, second encounter with a cashier, second card machine.

I'll have one more.

Ok so all butchers must go too as you can buy meat in your supermarket?

• Advertisement

Yes you can, picked up a few earlier I'll have them when my shift ends later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,925 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Apparently so.

I’ll have one more go.

Booze = non-essential

I'll try again.

How many times do you go to the supermarket - this is your biggest risk , time and exposure to people.

We have ways to reduce all that risk. Avoid big shops and any people in the shop.
    If you are going it should be about once every 2 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I’m on my second by the canal, knacker drinking for the first time since the 90’s

I'll have one more.

Ok so all butchers must go too as you can buy meat in your supermarket?

I’ve covered this a few times:

Food is essential.
    Medicine is essential.
    Alcohol is non-essential.

It’s messed up that people can’t see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Apparently so.

I’ll have one more go.

Booze = non-essential

Would ya give over. I was in supervalu and after getting my essential items (chocolate, booze, and deodorant) I had to go over to the newsagent section of SV to get vape juice. Same thing. Another BRIEF interaction with a shop keeper. Tapping my card. Walking away.

Ffs people... calm your tits we are doing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can even get them in an off-license :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I’m on my second by the canal, knacker drinking for the first time since the 90’s

I'd love that now, you cant beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Food is essential.
    Medicine is essential.

Meat isnt essential, you can live without meat and as you can buy it in the supermarket then a trip to the butchers is an unnecessary second trip.

The worrying thing is that you cant see that you are consistently contradicting yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

oh to have a pint of full sail again... it could be many months

Food is essential.
    Medicine is essential.

What about the tobacconist? Would he be open in this lockdown. Would be a great opportunity for people to give up the fags. If not for their health then the amount of money the government make from sales in duty. It's like the lottery a voluntary tax

• Advertisement

Meat isnt essential, you can live without meat and as you can buy it in the supermarket then a trip to the butchers is an unnecessary second trip.

The worrying thing is that you cant see that you are consistently contradicting yourself.

She should just buy a big massive bag of porridge and eat it with cold water for the rest of this emergency.

Alcohol isn’t essential but it has some health benefits including helping me not kill my flat mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Food is essential.
    Medicine is essential.

It's messed up that someone can be so ignorant of the fact that there are many people in this country dependent on alcohol.

I haven’t contradicted myself once. Meat is how the majority of the irish population get their protein, an essential macro-nutrient.

You can go your whole life without touching alcohol and it won’t harm your health in the slightest. It would likely be good for it.

The fact that you are equating meat and alcohol is utterly ridiculous.

It's messed up that someone can be so ignorant of the fact that there are many people in this country dependent on alcohol.

I haven’t advocated anyone being forced to give up drinking so I’m not sure how this is relevant?

She should just buy a big massive bag of porridge and eat it with cold water for the rest of this emergency.

Alcohol isn’t essential but it has some health benefits including helping me not kill my flat mates.

A glass of red wine a day has known health beneficial effects. Anti oxidants, tannin two beneficial substances .

Nobody on the planet that ever lived or will live is dependent on alcohol. They might be addicted to it to but they won't die without it. Their life would be better without it really. There are plenty of avenues for treatment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Alcohol is a god given right, i should know.

Why are people so confused about this?! I’m not suggesting anyone gives up drinking?

Why are people so confused about this?! I’m not suggesting anyone gives up drinking?

Nah you just want off licenses closed , more people on the dole and bigger queues outside Supermarkets. That's the only logical conclusion to what you are looking for.

• Advertisement

You aren’t but you’re arguing that alcohol is a non essential item and scolded people for going to the shop for it (in fairness it is) and then going on about closing down offys based on ridiculous rationale. Lolz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement