Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

KiKi III wrote: »
    Why are people so confused about this?! I’m not suggesting anyone gives up drinking?

Any chance you could clarify why you think construction is crucial (compared with a 'bag of cans')?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I haven’t contradicted myself once. Meat is how the majority of the irish population get their protein, an essential macro-nutrient.

You can go your whole life without touching alcohol and it won’t harm your health in the slightest. It would likely be good for it.

The fact that you are equating meat and alcohol is utterly ridiculous.

And how the majority of Irish people lived prior to this crisis entailed a lot of other elements
    However meat is not essential so your attempt to make it so is utterly ridiculous.

And also you are contradicting yourself by not seeing that people are arguing your point on second trips and not the merits of meat v alcohol.

Your point is that second trips are unnecessary and are increasing the risk to everyone but also a second trip for meat is fine.
    Its actually staggering that you cant understand this

And how the majority of Irish people lived prior to this crisis entailed a lot of other elements
    However meat is not essential so your attempt to make it so is utterly ridiculous

Meat is absolutely non-essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you encounter 25 people in the shop and 5 in the offy, you’ve increased the total number of people interacted with by 25%.

Two trips to two locations is a greater risk than one trip to one location. Especially when that one location is the essential one and the second is completely optional.

But according to you those 5 people should be buying their alcohol in the shop with the other 25.
    So I'd still be encountering 30 people, just all concentrated in one place instead of dispersed over two, so on average I'm going to end up closer to them :confused:

Although you also already said the people in the offy are also going to the supermarket, so the 5 people in the offy were already in the shop anyway?

Come to that, why am I even in the offy when I could have just bought my alcohol in the shop? Unless of course I want something which the shop didn't sell, in whcih case the offy is serving a purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

A glass of red wine a day has known health beneficial effects. Anti oxidants, tannin two beneficial substances .

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/12/one-extra-glass-of-wine-will-shorten-your-life-by-30-minutes

I love a drink but the red wine being good for you thing is debatable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

3 more poxy weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Problem with your response to me is I said 'a' glass of red wine a day. Your link describes the damage over the recommended daily units. Maybe read the article before you link it in a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not convinced they've much plan at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Current restrictions are to remain in place until at least Tue. 5th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

faceman wrote: »
    3 more poxy weeks

Good news and badly needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

AdamD wrote: »
    Not convinced they've much plan at all

Who does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,357 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Current restrictions are to remain in place until at least Tue. 5th May.

No surprise there. Was either going to be another 2 weeks or 3 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

BanditLuke wrote: »

Thread can probably be closed now. Restrictions continue as predicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,655 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jesus christ

This is now a much harder challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Another 21 days of restrictions

Apparently they are working on a plan

Not convincing in that regard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

BanditLuke wrote: »

If you’re celebrating an extension of a lockdown because we haven’t got a hold on containing the virus then that’s quite sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No surprise there. Was either going to be another 2 weeks or 3 weeks.

The bank holiday would probably be a bad time to have just lifted things from a social point of view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

3 more fiorkin' weeks of lock in, and no guarantee that will be the last of it...

so over 5 weeks now since the country began shutdown

no light at the end of the tunnel!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    jesus christ

This is now a much harder challenge

It's never going away, look at the posters here, slathering themselves in the misery, delighted by it.

Theres a point at which, 5th May, unfortunately they'll be forced to back down and have to deal with the death.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was always going to be 3 weeks, would be insane to relax before a Bank Holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Meat is absolutely non-essential.

True, can even cause bowel cancer. However there’s a nice cut going on the pan very shortly ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

KrustyUCC wrote: »

What kinda plan?

KrustyUCC wrote: »

At least they gave started with a provisional plan for the exam classes of schools :)

Simon Harris, blimey, like hes talking to a Montessori class. Aren't you just soooooo happy you saved a life.

At least they gave started with a provisional plan for the schools :)

Ha. At least double any lockdown plan date. LC will not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I was thinking it be 2 and not 3 but no overly surprised

Did Leo mention anything about what will happen after the 5th of May

Yeah, 1st of May, press conf., "just another 2 weeks, aren't you great, so proud to he irish"

Well, theres the plan. Kick the can down the road, make no decisions and point to evidence of others. Cowards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

It's never going away, look at the posters here, slathering themselves in the misery, delighted by it.

Theres a point at which, 5th May, unfortunately they'll be forced to back down and have to deal with the death.

No plan obviously . No proposals. No future

I wonder what the over 70s think, have they been asked or are they just to be treated as antiques locked away ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Three weeks won't hold. Certain elements of the restrictions can me maintained that are within the governments control, such as closing most places of employment, but the breakdown will begin with those people who cause trouble at the best of times and will spread from there. If they had announced two weeks they might have got away with it, but three more weeks won't wash. One to two weeks and asking people to double down would have been better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement