Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

As I pointed out to you there is no such thing as separate breed of people just others who have a different view of life than you . I 'm not preaching anything as fact I'm giving my opinion just like you are. It may not be 100% correct but unlike some I'm not on a wind up mission.
    Lastly I asked one person to stop badgering me not people just one. A simple and easily respected request just as if you asked me not to pass comment on your posts I would have no problems doing so.

I've always thought you just come across as deeply unpleasant in your posting style. Lighten up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭jackboy

Sorry for posting a Gemma O'D tweet but this has actually been going on in Sheriff St the last few days, my partner's flat looks onto that street from the IFSC and was sending me videos too from her balcony. People in the rougher spots don't seem to be adhering to the rules at all, which would be fine if it didn't potentially affect the rest of us.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1248214951174516736

Socially deprived areas in some parts of Europe are officially exempt from restrictions. I suspect a blind eye is turned to similar areas in other parts of Europe. The rationale is that restrictions would cause riots.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tandey wrote: »
    The stuff she gets weekly, would that take a teacher long assign to a class do you think?

No, but we are also sending it back to be 'marked'. But not sure how many others are tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I've always thought you just come across as deeply unpleasant in your posting style. Lighten up.

I've always thought it was better to play the ball instead of the man.
    Not sure what getting personal achieves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,786 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sorry for posting a Gemma O'D tweet but this has actually been going on in Sheriff St the last few days, my partner's flat looks onto that street from the IFSC and was sending me videos too from her balcony. People in the rougher spots don't seem to be adhering to the rules at all, which would be fine if it didn't potentially affect the rest of us.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1248214951174516736

I can't tell, is she for or against those holding such parties?

The fact she has unelected in bold, and uses terms like defiance suggests she is on their side.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I've always thought it was better to play the ball instead of the man.
    Not sure what getting personal achieves.

Bit difficult when you take anyone that disagrees with your views as personal and then "request" they not comment on what you post...but carry on.. literally the equivalent of taking the ball and going home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

polesheep wrote: »
    The media is the mouthpiece. As I said on another thread, media studies is going to one very interesting subject when this is over.

Yup getting fed what to say or else they can't think for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I'm glad we sorted the median issue ;) .
    A second wave in early Winter? I'm guessing the nurses and doctors will have something strong to say if we don't have an adequate lockdown then too.
    So you're immune and travelling internationally. Does that mean you can't pick up the virus and carry it for a few days at least?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Why is median used instead of average and has an actual figure been given for average age of deaths.

To lessen the affect of any outliers.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Bit difficult when you take anyone that disagrees with your views as personal and then "request" they not comment on what you post...but carry on.. literally the equivalent of taking the ball and going home.

Just one person and I gave my reason on thread as to why I was making the request , nothing wrong with making a polite request. Strange though that you would have to make the request 5 times, don't you think?
    Also noone is under any obligation to answer a question posed to them.
    You have the right to ask a question but not a right to an answer. Now shall we move on?

• Advertisement

Just one person and I gave my reason on thread as to why I was making the request , nothing wrong with making a polite request. Strange though that you would have to make the request 5 times, don't you think?

Strange request to make in general on an open forum... but thats off topic we ll just agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Also noone is under any obligation to answer a question posed to them.
    You have the right to ask a question but not a right to an answer. Now shall we move on?

Do you have the right to ask a poster not to quote you?

And does said poster have the right to ignore that request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,941 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Christ above.... immunity "certs and badges"

The lockdown really is causing some bizarre ideas haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Its great to see everyone getting along so well, cabin fever hasnt set in yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

jackboy wrote: »
    Socially deprived areas in some parts of Europe are officially exempt from restrictions. I suspect a blind eye is turned to similar areas in other parts of Europe. The rationale is that restrictions would cause riots.
    Scum will be scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    People cannot just get back to work and potentially continue to spread the virus. Until new infections dry up almost completely there will be no return to normality

The lockdown won’t make it go away - it will reduce and prolong it. There won’t be a vaccine this year. We need to look at incremental returns to work, by the low risk group.

Beyond a date, still no sign of an exit plan yet from the government? In the end they chose the easiest option in the short term. Same as not stopping flights from Nothern Italy when that was identified - and went on the become Ireland’s main source of infection.

pjohnson wrote: »

Little "Im Immune :D" stickers and ya can go anywhere haha

pjohnson wrote: »

It's being mooted in several countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/immunity-passports-could-speed-up-return-to-work-after-covid-19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this makes you sound?

I countered several of your points and so you ask me to stop doing so, even going so far as to send me PM's on it. Do you really think that that is how discussion boards should work?
    Do you think it should be possible that someone comes in with a batsh*t crazy idea and responds to everyone who calls them out on it by asking them to stop doing so?

You are further weakening the poor arguments you are making by showing your inability to engage on here. I don't care if you answer my posts, I post as much for others to see I disagree (or agree, if that were the case) with content someone has posted as I do to get a response from that poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

and to clarify from todays figures from Irish Times :-

Good Friday fatalities bring Covid-19 toll to 288 – with average age of today’s deaths 85
    (states median was also 85

• Advertisement

donaghs wrote: »
    The lockdown won’t make it go away - it will reduce and prolong it. There won’t be a vaccine this year. We need to look at incremental returns to work, by the low risk group.

Ah a vaccine within a year is happy talk, then u have people the world over demanding it... id say if we have one within 2 we d be doing well.

I think the ultimate goal is management of it, at this stage.. just control the numbers flowing into hospitals but there is alot riding on when the returns to work begin and how.. i imagine it ll be a very different world we ll be returning to we ll have a new definition of "normal"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

donaghs wrote: »

Low risk of dying group still can catch and spread the virus. Imagine an office of young people. They are working away and different individuals become infected and start spreading it around between each other, when they shop, when they are out and about.

You are not solving anything by allowing people who might not die from the virus to go back to work as per normal. You are actually allowing the virus to spread again.

Not a hope in hell of the government risking that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

Immunity Passport is a great idea - just so far seems to unachievable in practice.

At least some people are looking for solutions.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this makes you sound?

I countered several of your points and so you ask me to stop doing so, even going so far as to send me PM's on it. Do you really think that that is how discussion boards should work?
    Do you think it should be possible that someone comes in with a batsh*t crazy idea and responds to everyone who calls them out on it by asking them to stop doing so?

You are further weakening the poor arguments you are making by showing your inability to engage on here. I don't care if you answer my posts, I post as much for others to see I disagree (or agree, if that were the case) with content someone has posted as I do to get a response from that poster.

Personally i find it a great way to learn, getting proven wrong on something, but i guess people have to be atleast willing to be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Penfailed

NIMAN wrote: »
    I can't tell, is she for or against those holding such parties?

The fact she has unelected in bold, and uses terms like defiance suggests she is on their side.

Yes, she's on their side. She's totally against the lockdown. Says it's a ploy to introduce a police state.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Low risk of dying group still can catch and spread the virus. Imagine an office of young people. They are working away and different individuals become infected and start spreading it around between each other, when they shop, when they are out and about.

You are not solving anything by allowing people who might not die from the virus to go back to work as per normal. You are actually allowing the virus to spread again.

Jeez must be long day for you, posting ad naseum the same stuff all day. Walk in your garden would do wonders for your mental health. Fresh air and relaxation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thebaz wrote: »
    and to clarify from todays figures from Irish Times :-

Good Friday fatalities bring Covid-19 toll to 288 – with average age of today’s deaths 85
    (states median was also 85

Do you trust that journalist knows the difference between median and average given how few on here do?

What source do they quoted for their figures

For example Tony states that the age range for all deaths is from 32 to 105. So that means that are young people dying - but that’s not getting reported here - all I read about is the elderly dying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

citysights wrote: »
    Jeez must be long day for you, posting ad naseum the same stuff all day. Walk in your garden would do wonders for your mental health. Fresh air and relaxation.

Excuse me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cupatae wrote: »
    Personally i find it a great way to learn, getting proven wrong on something, but i guess people have to be atleast willing to be wrong.

No one is wrong on the internet

• Advertisement

The government is already risking it by allowing essential services remain open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement