Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

MOH wrote: »

Cigarette sellers have said it plays a vital role in calming the nerves of the nation so it's an essential service to maintain full sales of all tobacco products....:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

thebaz wrote: »
    it is not a lax lockdown - in general Irish people have behaved well, most I have seen social distance and are respecful and keep the laws - yes a few idiots (the spitters) - but I thought we could have large scale rioting and looting by now, like 2 yers ago - that has not happened -

The Army on the street enforcing the law of an unstable Government would be a terrible scenario, right and left wing coup d'etats have happened before - so be careful what you wish for, I value my freedom.

An coup next.... :D:pac::pac: hows that gonna work exactly lmao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Large scale rioting and looting during Storm Emma? Other than what happened at one Lidl store I don`t recall any other incidences of this.

I know that wasnt large scale, just feared that if we had a long lockdown would cause more severe looting , than happened at Lidl. - words didnt come out right - long day !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Cupatae wrote: »
    An coup next.... :D:pac::pac: hows that gonna work exactly lmao

well they are a little concerned in Hungary right now - not sure they are laughing lmao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

donaghs wrote: »
    Nope, you could also quarantine new arrivals. Again, at the early stage politically difficult.

Ireland produces far more.food than we consume. We export almost all food produced here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

Hell... I desperately need a haircut. Wife says she’ll give it a lash.. but am not that desperate.

When are the barbers due back?????

JRant wrote: »
    We've never had such draconian restrictions before in this country either. I doubt the army would be used in all honesty. If it got to that stage the government have already lost the battle.

Highly intelligent medical experts the world over recommend a lock down, but JRants, deems it as draconian and unnecessary... i know who ill be listening to anyway.

well they are a little concerned in Hungary right now - not sure they are laughing lmao

we were originally talking about Ireland not Hungary tho were we not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Masala wrote: »
    Hell... I desperately need a haircut. Wife says she’ll give it a lash.. but am not that desperate.

Autumn maybe. You should let the wife have a crack at it

Also i believe the situation is abit different to us there, "Prime Minister Viktor Orban given the power to rule by decree"

• Advertisement

Highly intelligent medical experts the world over recommend a lock down, but JRants, deems it as draconian and unnecessary... i know who ill be listening to anyway.

It won’t be decided by the medical experts. It will be decided by the politicians, weighing up the medical, economic and social factors

It won’t be decided by the medical experts. It will be decided by the politicians, weighing up the medical, economic and social factors

what wont?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Masala wrote: »

Had a go at my 8 year olds hair today. Only realised after I started just how blunt the scissors was. It’s a good job he’s not going anywhere for the foreseeable :D
    I looked on boots website for one of those clippers thingys the barber uses, but there’s none to be had

what wont?

The length of any lockdown

The length of any lockdown

It will be on there advice as has been done already.

It will be on there advice as has been done already.

From May the economics will start gaining prominence in those decisions. Medics would want a lockdown until we get a vaccine but that won’t happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Love to know what anyone who says open it up thinks will happen. This virus aint going away and from what i can see is the ones who have let people out have suffered. So what do people who suggest letting people out think. Just let the elderly die.

From May the economics will start gaining prominence in those decisions. Medics would want a lockdown until we get a vaccine but that won’t happen

It will be interesting to see, if they do.. i mean if people throw in the towel in may and start going back to normal life, we ll have sacrificed 5 weeks only to end up back at square one so it will be for nothing.

We will be in lockdown till we have some form of control on it, otherwise ull have the economic impact followed by the collapse of the healthcare system, then ull have a real interesting time.

Love to know what anyone who says open it up thinks will happen. This virus aint going away and from what i can see is the ones who have let people out have suffered. So what do people who suggest letting people out think. Just let the elderly die.

Some people are willing to have that suffering to save the economy. As "they ll die anyway if the economy goes bad"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Correct the virus ain't going away, it's something we will have to co exist alongside. Best guess is their will be a vaccine/treatment within 12/ 18 months. You could lockdown like present until a vaccine is developed although supplies will be a while ramping up to get everyone vaccinated. Of course the country as much of the world will be economic wasteland. Many millions will die of depredation personally i'd rather my chances with the vurus, I don't think starvation would be much fun. Extreme I know but several countries experience starvation due to economic reasons. . Or you slowly open up with slowly physical distancing strictly adhered to and the elderly and vulnerable cocooned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The virus ain't going away - yes that's the issue, if its not going away, are we seriously suggesting indefinite lockdown? Just not feasible

Correct the virus ain't going away, it's something we will have to co exist alongside. Best guess is their will be a vaccine/treatment within 12/ 18 months. You could lockdown like present until a vaccine is developed although supplies will be a while ramping up to get everyone vaccinated. Of course the country as much of the world will be economic wasteland. Many millions will die of depredation personally i'd rather my chances with the vurus, I don't think starvation would be much fun. Extreme I know but several countries experience starvation due to economic reasons. . Or you slowly open up with slowly physical distancing strictly adhered to and the elderly and vulnerable cocooned

Everyone knows its not going away, the whole effort is for control of it, there is no "chances" with the virus it will simply be rampant and the health care system wont cope.

We will more than likely have a new version of normal when we do go back...but alot will depend on testing, and the availability of it. Its not as straightforward as you make it out to be at all. And Ireland wont be facing starvation anytime soon thats just straight out scaremongering.

Everyone knows its not going away, the whole effort is for control of it, there is no "chances" with the virus it will simply be rampant and the health care system wont cope.

We will more than likely have a new version of normal when we do go back...but alot will depend on testing, and the availability of it. Its not as straightforward as you make it out to be at all. And Ireland wont be facing starvation anytime soon thats just straight out scaremongering.
    If you don't know what a depression means I suggest you read up on it. The path we are on here in Ireland and globally is leading in that direction. Disagree if you wish your prerogative but you can no more predict the future than I can. So every opinion is valid and invalid.
    Anyway home now after my shift gonna have a beer goodnight.

If you don't know what a depression means I suggest you read up on it. The path we are on here in Ireland and globally is leading in that direction. Disagree if you wish your prerogative but you can no more predict the future than I can. So every opinion is valid and invalid.
    Anyway home now after my shift gonna have a beer goodnight.

I hate to break it to yeah, but Irelands lockdown.. is a drop in the ocean in terms of economy we can end ours tomorrow and still end up in a depression, when the big dogs like the US head for a depression we are going with em.

I hate to break it to yeah, but Irelands lockdown.. is a drop in the ocean in terms of economy we can end ours tomorrow and still end up in a depression, when the big dogs like the US head for a depression we are going with em.

That's why I mentioned the path Ireland and the globe is on. Thought it was clear.
    Anyway back to my beer. Night night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Will be delighted if restrictions are relaxed by July.

We'll be lucky if by then

That's why I mentioned the path Ireland and the globe is on. Thought it was clear.
    Anyway back to my beer. Night night.

Ok...I dont see how it relative to my original post but...carry on..

Unless you are suggesting ireland is close to starvation because of the current global lockdowns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

So, we should be encouraging a concerted global approach to incrementally getting everyone back to work in stages? (And of course cocooning the old and vulnerable).

donaghs wrote: »
    So, we should be encouraging a concerted global approach to incrementally getting everyone back to work in stages? (And of course cocooning the old and vulnerable).

I think we should focus on doing a good job with the lock down at the min and see how we are doing at the end of the 3 weeks and make a decision then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

It’s been said a million times. The the lockdown just postpones the elderly coccoon even longer. There won’t be a vaccine this year. We can’t make the virus go away. The general population need to Incrementally get the virus and recover. What else can we do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement