Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Cupatae wrote: »
    You completely missed the first part can you work through that aswell.

Honestly I don't think you're worth any further effort tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Wonder how many of em will be tested and put in isolation, and ill decide whats my business not you.

Test ? , that’s taking longer to resolve then the infection times?

What use is testing those people. , they are more likely to catch it here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Yeah didnt think you d have the guts to say it out, when gettin called on it. Stick to snide remarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The Match of the Day the BBC put together and the program after it with the Keane V Viera tunnel battle was pretty good. These restrictions are going to have a huge impact on football. I wonder if older players like Ronaldo will play again... or Glenn Whelan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Ha you are certainly not worth the effort either...back to my delicious beers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i think restrictions will be lifted slowly from may 5th , every fortnight, schools will remain shut, leaving certs maybe back late may for two weeks of a heads up on LC then sent packing for the summer not a hope teachers will be in over summer. rest of kids schools out at end of may id say, all the home schooling done in line with school year. i think things will be up and running agin by mid june, pubs the lot. over 70s will be advised to cocoon. herd immunity will mean we prob wont have huge death surge after the next fortnight. i think the surge is now.

alwald wrote: »

:D:D:D

What's your poison tonight? This solitary confinement is turning me into a dipso ffs

What's your poison tonight? This solitary confinement is turning me into a dipso ffs

Speak your mind son and keep it objective for the sake of a good discussion!!

Speak your mind son and keep it objective for the sake of a good discussion!!

This whole subject as my brain fried at this stage and I'm running out of thoughts on the matter. Also I've had about 6 beers at this stage, I should call it a night, take it easy folks :pac:

• Advertisement

This whole subject as my brain fried at this stage and I'm running out of thoughts on the matter. Also I've had about 6 beers at this stage, I should call it a night, take it easy folks :pac:

The one thing we have in common are the 6 beers :D...talk tomorrow!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭Jenbach110

The Match of the Day the BBC put together and the program after it with the Keane V Viera tunnel battle was pretty good. These restrictions are going to have a huge impact on football. I wonder if older players like Ronaldo will play again... or Glenn Whelan?

Watchd that, f### me Ronaldo was a just past teenage years and I remember that game so well.

Anyway interesting point, I really hope confidence can be restored to life as it was, and as soon as possible.

Life as we know it will return, this virus will be forgotten

Jenbach110 wrote: »
    Watchd that, f### me Ronaldo was a just past teenage years and I remember that game so well.

Anyway interesting point, I really hope confidence can be restored to life as it was, and as soon as possible.

I’m not sure the world be ever be the same again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Jenbach110 wrote: »

Fcukin hell, i just give up :rolleyes:

BoatMad wrote: »
    I’m not sure the world be ever be the same again.

If a vaccine/cure is found then yes...otherwise it will be a country by country or continent by continent situation...really hard to say at this stage.

If a vaccine/cure is found then yes...otherwise it will be a country by country or continent by continent situation...really hard to say at this stage.

Lots of ifs ....

BoatMad wrote: »
    Lots of ifs ....
    Lots of unknowns at this stage...this is the most frustrating part for us all...bloody Chinese government and their lack of early actions and transparency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ultimately, in order to keep countries, economies and societies functioning it will come down to a line from the original Star Trek movies.

"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

People need to work and interact. Not just for economic reasons but for mental health, social reasons and others. The vast majority of these people will (thankfully) not suffer any lasting effects if they do contract this virus.

They need to be allowed back to work from the 5th April, if not before. The current restrictions will ultimately solve nothing long term insofar as prevention or cure. All it's doing is protecting the health service which is a legitimate reason, but again needs to be weighed against the longer term impact of locking people in for weeks and (if some here had their way) months.

Those who are at risk will need to maintain the current restrictions for their own safety. They should continue to be supported in every way possible to facilitate their being able to do this.

But the rest of us need to get back at it, before there's very little to get back to.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ultimately, in order to keep countries, economies and societies functioning it will come down to a line from the original Star Trek movies.

People need to work and interact. Not just for economic reasons but for mental health, social reasons and others. The vast majority of these people will (thankfully) not suffer any lasting effects if they do contract this virus.

They need to be allowed back to work from the 5th April, if not before. The current restrictions will ultimately solve nothing long term insofar as prevention or cure. All it's doing is protecting the health service which is a legitimate reason, but again needs to be weighed against the longer term impact of locking people in for weeks and (if some here had their way) months.

Those who are at risk will need to maintain the current restrictions for their own safety. They should continue to be supported in every way possible to facilitate their being able to do this.

But the rest of us need to get back at it, before there's very little to get back to.

Well I am glad that governments across the world are not relying on movie lines to make decisions that can influence lives and deaths...the rest is irrelevant.

Yeah didnt think you d have the guts to say it out, when gettin called on it. Stick to snide remarks.

Feel free to post any snide remarks I have made.

• Advertisement

Feel free to post any snide remarks I have made.

Nah.. as others have said, i dont think you re worth the effort :D

Also please refrain from commenting on my posts :pac::pac::D:D

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

I think your right.

I would feel more confident right now, guided by an economist in a boardroom than a doctor who has reregistered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well I am glad that governments across the world are not relying on movie lines to make decisions that can influence lives and deaths...the rest is irrelevant.

What's irrelevant is the hyperbole and hysteria from some on this topic - almost as if they can't see beyond the simple STAY AT HOME message being repeated ad nauseum.

If you don't like movie lines, how about "risk acceptance" instead?

There's neither a need, nor option ultimately, to keep everyone confined to their homes/immediate areas long term.

There will be a period where people will live and work alongside this virus. The only question is how long it'll take for our Government to make that decision rather than continuing to push it out in the hopes someone/something else will make it for them

Cool retort if I was actually responding to you. Enjoy your beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The simple fact is the country won't be able to afford to keep to the current health system with the lockdown in 6 months time, August weekend things will be relaxed no matter what happens between now and then.

On a local level , if GAA is your thing imagine the lads/lasses fitness level after this . Only so much can be done in one's own.
    My son is suffering because the lack of a gym.

Cool retort if I was actually responding to you. Enjoy your beer.

Well you couldn't/wouldn't dig deep into you comments earlier hence my reply.
    I am enjoying my beers! Thanks!

The simple fact is the country won't be able to afford to keep to the current health system with the lockdown in 6 months time, August weekend things will be relaxed no matter what happens between now and then.

It won't go till August, the populace won't tolerate a lock down of that duration.

Well you couldn't/wouldn't dig deep into you comments earlier hence my reply.
    I am enjoying my beers! Thanks!

Your comment makes no sense, gald you are enjoying your beer .Maybe get back to me when you are sober.

• Advertisement

It won't go till August, the populace won't tolerate a lock down of that duration.

If the death remains as low as it is over the next 7 days, surely the restrictions will be revised?

Its basically a month of extra restrictions just in case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement