Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

On a local level , if GAA is your thing imagine the lads/lasses fitness level after this . Only so much can be done in one's own.
    My son is suffering because the lack of a gym.

Well at least everyone will be on the same playing field. I got this pull up bar thing that fits into a door frame a couple of weeks ago, you can do loads of stuff with it, it's part of my try not to go crazy stuck indoors routine now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What's irrelevant is the hyperbole and hysteria from some on this topic - almost as if they can't see beyond the simple STAY AT HOME message being repeated ad nauseum.

If you don't like movie lines, how about "risk acceptance" instead?

There's neither a need, nor option ultimately, to keep everyone confined to their homes/immediate areas long term.

There will be a period where people will live and work alongside this virus. The only question is how long it'll take for our Government to make that decision rather than continuing to push it out in the hopes someone/something else will make it for them

I don't accept a risk to my health or that of my family...life is too important to play this sort of game and thankfully the government is aware of that.

I am certainly not saying that this situation is for the long term but a number of weeks are necessary to gauge the next steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It won't go till August, the populace won't tolerate a lock down of that duration.

Who is going to challenge it? There's currently no elected government in power to take the pain.

Well at least everyone will be on the same playing field. I got this pull up bar thing that fits into a door frame a couple of weeks ago, you can do loads of stuff with it, it's part of my try not to go crazy stuck indoors routine now.

I've spent 5 years running the roads because I'm too mean to pay for a gym. I introduced my other son to tarmac. He's not a fan. However he and his friends set up a challenge group on WhatsApp a 5km is part of the regime. I'm honoured my 20year is asking me for advice how to run a fast 5 km. Some positives

• Advertisement

Who is going to challenge it? There's currently no elected government in power to take the pain.

People, compliance only goes so far if people don't see an end plan.

Your comment makes no sense, gald you are enjoying your beer .Maybe get back to me when you are sober.

I do make sense and I have no intention to discuss with someone swimming in his own sea of thoughts.

M

Where's all the hundreds of freight trucks that were on that ship at the same time? Crooked media if they accept this as fact.

alwald wrote: »
    I do make sense and I have no intention to discuss with someone swimming in his own sea of thoughts.

I also make sense . So we both make sense happy out . Good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I've spent 5 years running the roads because I'm too mean to pay for a gym. I introduced my other son to tarmac. He's not a fan. However he and his friends set up a challenge group on WhatsApp a 5km is part of the regime. I'm honoured my 20year is asking me for advice how to run a fast 5 km. Some positives

Yeah I was paying for a pretty expensive gym before all this happened, they've been going for decades at this stage, I can't see how they will recover from all this. Last thing I want to do is go into a steam room when all this is over, breeding ground for disease!
    That's one of the industries here I just can't see how they will recover.
    On the positive side I've been walking and jogging a fair bit lately, it's really nice in this weather, and I'm lucky to live beside a huge park.

• Advertisement

Where's all the hundreds of freight trucks that were on that ship at the same time? Crooked media if they accept this as fact.

The issue was hundreds of people coming here, of course they could be in the back of freight trucks.

M

The issue was hundreds of people coming here, of course they could be in the back of freight trucks.

Without clear facts on what was on board when the ship sailed there could have been 500 cars with caravans on the same ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I can see how this situation is hard on business owners who will have to close shop or get into debt, I also see how it's difficult for people who are losing their jobs and have families to feed but besides that, it makes me laugh how people cant cope because the pubs are closed or they have to stay at home.
    It's really not that hard to just stay home. There are people literally dying alone, hospital and shop staff are risking their health to keep us healthy.

I used to live in the countryside with my folks. There was no public transport beside one bus at 7 in the morning that had a pick up stop at a ditch 10 minute walk from the house. Living so far out the middle of nowhere I couldnt get a job and because I couldnt get a job I had no money to move out. It was a bit of a nightmare and lasted roughly 3 years before I finally caught a break and got myself out of there.
    During these restrictions I have more freedom now than I did during those years living in the country. I can leave and go for walks on safe roads and footpaths. Theres no fear of being hit by a boy racer, a speeding tractor or lorry. Theres also no fear of being attacked by viscous dogs as for some reason people with dogs out the country think its fine to let them out on their own and wander along the side of the road.
    I can go to a shop when I need food and a chemist when I need medicine, these are all things I couldnt do when living out the countryside.
    I have friends who are still stuck out the country side - they dont feel the restrictions because they couldnt go anywhere even if they wanted to.

All this talk of people not being able to deal with the restrictions for much longer.. suck it up.

Without clear facts on what was on board when the ship sailed there could have been 500 cars with caravans on the same ship.

Do you not trust Leo and the PHET to protect us? I thought everyone thought they were doing a great job

All this talk of people not being able to deal with the restrictions for much longer.. suck it up.

The only part of your post i thought worthy of reply, I'm a rural dweller bungalow on an acre can't imagine what people are going through confined to apartments with limited access to open spaces. So I wouldn't presume to tell anyone to 'suck it up'. If it makes you feel like a hero saying this stuff that's fine but you will like I have ,get called out.

M

Do you not trust Leo and the PHET to protect us? I thought everyone thought they were doing a great job

Lol :D

No vaccine, no treatment, I actually don't know what's the point of tests at this stage of mass spreading to be honest. With the 70+ people cocooned it would be better to just assume every single person in the country has it and to test all in healthcare every morning for it and simply mothball any with a temperature for a full 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

100% this. Do they want freedom or mass deaths? They need to choose

Lockdowns are to mitigate a virus, not stop it

This is going to go: surge --> lockdown --> lower daily cases and deaths --> restrictions lifted --> surge --> lockdown --> lower daily cases and deaths --> restrictions lifted --> surge --> lockdown --> lower daily cases and deaths --> restrictions lifted ...

For how long? Who knows. But probably a lot longer than any of us expected

The only part of your post i thought worthy of reply, I'm a rural dweller bungalow on an acre can't imagine what people are going through confined to apartments with limited access to open spaces. So I wouldn't presume to tell anyone to 'suck it up'. If it makes you feel like a hero saying this stuff that's fine but you will like I have ,get called out.

No I dont feel like a hero at all just sick to death of listening to people complaining because they have to stay at home, theyre literally getting paid to stay home too.
    Not everyone in the country side lives on an acre of land and not everyone in towns and cities live in small apartments so dont know what your living situation has to do with it???

Yeah I was paying for a pretty expensive gym before all this happened, they've been going for decades at this stage, I can't see how they will recover from all this. Last thing I want to do is go into a steam room when all this is over, breeding ground for disease!
    That's one of the industries here I just can't see how they will recover.
    On the positive side I've been walking and jogging a fair bit lately, it's really nice in this weather, and I'm lucky to live beside a huge park.

I'm 48, leaned over 5 years ago to tie my boots before a start of shift and was breathless. A dose of meaness pointed me to the roads to get fit. Ran 49 marathons to date many as a Pacer.
    I reckon this crisis will do the national waistline tremendous good. Cloud and silver lining. Btw respect for being the bigger man.

• Advertisement

No I dont feel like a hero at all just sick to death of listening to people complaining because they have to stay at home, theyre literally getting paid to stay home too.
    Not everyone in the country side lives on an acre of land and not everyone in towns and cities live in small apartments so dont know what your living situation has to do with it???

Basically you have no f**king right to tell anyone to 'suck it up'. The only person you get to speak for is you, you have no right to tell anyone else how they should feel or cope.
    Basic stuff good night.

No vaccine, no treatment, I actually don't know what's the point of tests at this stage of mass spreading to be honest. With the 70+ people cocooned it would be better to just assume every single person in the country has it and to test all in healthcare every morning for it and simply mothball any with a temperature for a full 3 weeks.
    Same here, the first positive case was February, still counted in today's numbers but they are either dead or recovered.
    I will tell you my experience, high temperature and wheezing of breath no energy in bed for 3 days. Steroids from my GP for my chest 'infection' just before Christmas. Heard similar from several friends but what I have said is anecdotal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Everyone can get through this lockdown. Anyone that taught different is self centred.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭Jenbach110

Very few are complaining that thay have to stay at home.

Most are realists and realise that staying at home is not the solution for the long term good of the country. Its driven by fear.

The €350 a week cant last indefinitely, and the public sector workers currently at home need to be addressed also, wages in this sector need to be reduced to €350

dockysher wrote: »
    Everyone can get through this lockdown. Anyone that taught different is self centred.

What part of you do not get to speak for everyone do you not understand?

That's why you aren't a health expert so leave that to the professionals as they know what they are doing.

That's why you aren't a health expert so leave that to the professionals as they know what they are doing.

The Chief medical officer told the nursing homes organisation they should not act unilaterally by stopping visitors to nursing homes. He f**ked that up spectacularly , guess where the clusters are? Mr Holohan CMO if you are interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

you re flogging a dead horse there tryna talk sense to that lad, only a select few are "worthy" of a response from him...thats the level of delusion you are dealing with :D:D:pac::pac:

Jenbach110 wrote: »
    Very few are complaining that thay have to stay at home.

Most are realists and realise that staying at home is not the solution for the long term good of the country. Its driven by fear.

The €350 a week cant last indefinitely, and the public sector workers currently at home need to be addressed also, wages in this sector need to be reduced to €350

Never mentioned anything about the economy or the long term effects of this. Purely talking about people currently complaining about staying home and yes there allot of people complaining.
    Staying home isnt fear based, it is literally the only way of stopping the spread of the virus. I dont stay home because im afraid of getting sick, I stay home so I dont catch the virus and infect vulnerable people or put strain on health care workers by ending up in hospital. If the lockdown is lifted we can all wave good bye to our economy and health care, that will give people something to whine about.

• Advertisement
    M

With infinite money and people who were sheep they could release us in to the wild around 2025. Sense and sensibility would say that play was idiotic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement