Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Nermal wrote: »

Blocked.

Block away buddy.

3.4% is the estimate from the WHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Alot of sh#te flying about here. Plenty of so called experts. I don't know why some of you aren't working for the WHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Alot of sh#te flying about here. Plenty of so called experts. I don't know why some of you aren't working for the WHO.

Welcome to boards.ie, where everybody is an expert on everything and nobody needs credentials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Welcome to boards.ie, where everybody is an expert on everything and nobody needs credentials.

F*ckin hell, skimmed the last few pages and the level of sh*te talk in here is through the roof.

There's that many statistics out there people are just using the ones that support their own tinfoil theories.

This lockdown is clearly causing people to lose their sanity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Only 0.37% only means 10.0000+ dead in the ROI. By way of comparison that's about the number to die in road accidents over the next 59 years. And of course if these deaths do not space themselves nicely the health service gets overrun and 5 times as many die.

Who knows . it seems per CMO the stats published include deaths or people who may have the illness at some point but not necessarily die from it ie other factors are death cause

Stanford Uni study

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »

Of course it is. What do you expect?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 auris00

Anyone know what's happening with hardware stores/garden centres in the end? Can they open, did some open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Closed until May 5th. Maddening isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

because I never applied for a role there , nor have I any interest

On a general point when any "expert" starts dictating how I am to behave and live my life I have the right to question this. It's my life to lead.

Often boards throws out this "expert" jibe as in how dare we question our betters. Often experts (esp academics) are driven by a sole focus and they don't consider the ramifications in other aspects of society or peoples lives.

A recent example of an "expert" a professor from Trinity - we can agree he is an expert..
    wants to close off licences during Covid19 . why? cos of his agenda.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/off-licences-should-close-during-covid-19-crisis-says-public-health-expert-992613.html

Fcuk off with your expertise and let those of us who want to drink away our isolation ,do so.

in short, if you don't critically look at any of these pronouncements , then you are a moron. Experts are often wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    F*ckin hell, skimmed the last few pages and the level of sh*te talk in here is through the roof.

There's that many statistics out there people are just using the ones that support their own tinfoil theories.

agree, hard to have a balanced conversation about what going on, or questiion things here, without being being forced into taking an extreme side - when the reality is no one, including the experts themselves are 100% certain whats going on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,374 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

thebaz wrote: »
    agree, hard to have a balanced conversation about what going on, or questiion things here, without being being forced into taking an extreme side - when the reality is no one, including the experts themselves are 100% certain whats going on .

It’s a ****e show here, I’m very middle of the road in this argument but it’s just not worth engaging at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Denmark opening primary schools back up, then DIY stores and small shops next week and will gradually relieve more restrictions every couple of weeks. See the same happening here on the 5th, if the numbers spike then again the removal of restrictions will be rolled back on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

The role I am performing for my company has me classed as an essential worker. I was getting out and about for 3 days a week. It is down to 1 day now. I am beginning to understand what some who can't work at all are complaining about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The role I am performing for my company has me classed as an essential worker. I was getting out and about for 3 days a week. It is down to 1 day now. I am beginning to understand what some who can't work at all are complaining about.

That's interesting. The contrast between the post above and some of your earlier posts, when you still had your three days work, is startling. More and more people are coming around to realising that we cannot go on with the restrictions as they currently are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Posted this on the main thread but here is probably somewhere for it also.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1250003948125204481?s=19

With the WHO to announce guidelines today for the lifting of restrictions this gives you a good idea as to their thinking.

He also said in terms of social living that we can return to this pre vaccination so long as people take responsibility if they feel unwell. For example if you even have a common cold symptom going forward you simply dont go out and work from home if possible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

polesheep wrote: »
    That's interesting. The contrast between the post above and some of your earlier posts, when you still had your three days work, is startling. More and more people are coming around to realising that we cannot go on with the restrictions as they currently are.

A few more weeks of this and the company may go bust. Also I was supposed to be heading to the UK for a surgery at the end of summer.
    Il be disabled and unemployed by the time this happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

Idbatterim wrote: »

Been discussed already, sensational headline on an article hidden behind a paywall. Disgraceful carry on from the Indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

Realistically we are going to have to take the hit on this before the economy collapses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

jim-mcdee wrote: »
    Realistically we are going to have to take the hit on this before the economy collapses

Post 6018 outlines what will be the official line on this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Idbatterim wrote: »

This is a clickbait article which means nothing, if there are any further restrictions put in place it should be on the media, which are shamefully using baseless headings like this, with a picture of an armed Gardai stopping cars.

Where’s their restrictions Leo?? If they continue like this they will inevitably start unrest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does anyone worry that they are starting to settle into a way of living which which is rather agreeable? Busy doing nothing - browsing, back garden, boxset, bed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Does anyone worry that they are starting to settle into a way of living which which is rather agreeable? Busy doing nothing - browsing, back garden, boxset, bed.....

No, the novelty of living like a student again wore off quickly, especially as I'm in a small flat. I've lived alone for ten years and I'm not overly social but the restrictions are starting to seriously frustrate me, the language from the government on contunuing on this course until a vaccine is found is also seriously worrying. I lost friends and neighbours during the crash in '08 and I can see this happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

begbysback wrote: »
    This is a clickbait article which means nothing, if there are any further restrictions put in place it should be on the media, which are shamefully using baseless headings like this, with a picture of an armed Gardai stopping cars.

Where’s their restrictions Leo?? If they continue like this they will inevitably start unrest.

Desperate times for the Irish Indepemdent. They went behind a paywall that happened prior to Covid 19 and all the restrictions that came with it. Very obvious that they're resorting to sensationalist headlines hoping people will pay for the content. If anything it's so obvious and desperate that people will know it's mere sensationalism and why would they pay for such rubbish? The old print media has been dying a slow death for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

No sir, in fact if I can’t roam freely in the very near future, I’m likely to decapitate somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭rob316

begbysback wrote: »

The indo is a rag, all its missing is a red top. I despair that someone would actually subscribe and pay for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

jim-mcdee wrote: »

Everyone is in the same position. The pandemic must be dealt with first.

I do not find it agreeable in any way whatsoever. Each to their own.

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    Everyone is in the same position. The pandemic must be dealt with first.

Not at all. Never has society been more unequal. I find the we are in this together nauseating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement