Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭road_high

BTW, was just thinking of copper face jacks. Imagine if you ended up buying it last year..... Hard to see it's business model of cramming people in on top of each other surviving.

Life will have to return to normal sometime. It will, just the big question being when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Bill Gates is not a qualified expert.

But he does employ plenty of them.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Paddygreen wrote: »
    You think we can beat the deadly virus that is 19x more contagious than seasonal flu with half measures?

We don’t need to beat it. That’s impossible. We need to maintain ICU admissions within capacity. Which I’m sure will be the basis for the imminent WHO guidance on relaxing restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

Stheno wrote: »
    Your explanation of median is wrong in the latter half of your waffle

Median is the middle in a range of numbers

Thanks for that! No, my explanation for the median number is correct as is the explanation for the 'median age' number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well during this $hit time i cant see reason why say road works shouldnt be completed, the amount of muppets that decide to start works during busy work periods, school seasons etc is moronic, given how little traffic there is now seems like perfect time, being in the open minimum need to be close proximity to each other and can/should wear ppe anyway, at least something good would come out, instead we have guards doing checkpoints waving people trough, to create artificial traffic :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Come down hard on those that dont. Suspend their payments, heavy fines, electronically tag them.
    Yeah, good luck with that.

There are 1m people in Dublin.

If even 10% of those decided to completely ignore the lockdown, the Gardai would be overwhelmed and any semblance of enforcement would collapse.

Then the other 90% would say, "why am I ****ing bothering" and the lockdown would be over.

We are in lockdown by public consent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

lalababa wrote: »
    Thanks for that! No, my explanation for the median number is correct as is the explanation for the 'median age' number.

No your median age is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

seamus wrote: »

If even 10% of those decided to completely ignore the lockdown, the Gardai would be overwhelmed and any semblance of enforcement would collapse.

Then the other 90% would say, "why am I ****ing bothering" and the lockdown would be over.

Yes and I think 99% will continue to do what is asked of them for as long as is required. Even now we still have addicts and dealers congregating in Dublin city centre and travellers killing each other on main streets of towns, but they were never going to comply anyway.
    Most of us will though and that's what will get us through this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭briany

road_high wrote: »
    Life will have to return to normal sometime. It will, just the big question being when.

If there is an effective vaccine developed, then I think life will return to normal. Until then, you can tell people to go back to work if they still have a job, but you cannot tell them to frequent pubs, clubs, restaurants etc, and I expect a lot of people will be opting out of going to these places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Come down hard on those that dont. Suspend their payments, heavy fines, electronically tag them.

You cannot turn the country into a prison. I would not as a citizen stand for it for one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

rob316 wrote: »
    Denmark opening primary schools back up, then DIY stores and small shops next week and will gradually relieve more restrictions every couple of weeks. See the same happening here on the 5th, if the numbers spike then again the removal of restrictions will be rolled back on.

Would be better off just getting on with it and opening up . Plenty of capacity in the health services to monitor and manage those ill or at risk .

People especially children and young adults need education and social contact with friends etc otherwise one would fear for the future

Those isolated and alone ( including Over 70s), those single etc need social contact, to be able to form relationships, etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

seamus wrote: »

Get the army on the streets and use force. Simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,681 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yes and I think 99% will continue to do what is asked of them for as long as is required. Even now we still have addicts and dealers congregating in Dublin city centre and travellers killing each other on main streets of towns, but they were never going to comply anyway.
    Most of us will though and that's what will get us through this.

99% of the public will not stay locked down for as long as is 'required', depending on your definition of required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,681 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Scary how quickly people are advocating for a police state.

I don't think that would end well, for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Seeing a lot about easing restrictions today and the WHO writing up guidelines. The next few weeks cold see how restrictions will go and whether we can have a new 'normal' of living with this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

bladespin wrote: »
    I don't think that would end well, for anyone.

Indeed, it won't end well for the selfish who have no regards for the well being of the nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

never_mind wrote: »
    Seeing a lot about easing restrictions today and the WHO writing up guidelines. The next few weeks cold see how restrictions will go and whether we can have a new 'normal' of living with this thing.
    This is the pre-planning phase! Eyes on Denmark and Austria, even Italy and Spain to see how it's working in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

AdamD wrote: »
    99% of the public will not stay locked down for as long as is 'required', depending on your definition of required.

That's your opinion, the vast majority are law abiding and we don't really protest in this country, I think we'll follow the government guidelines for as long as needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Absolutely no relaxation of restristions whatsoever until a vaccine is widely available and mandatory. Currently restrictions don't even go far enough. People should only be allowed out once a week for shopping and there should be spot checks on people's shopping to deem if it is essential. No need to leave the home for exercise, that should be banned.

If I were ever to debate against the flaws of the current election system of one person one vote, I would produce this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

What world are you living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Even Harris admits the lockdown can't continue for much longer yet some want further restrictions and to bring on the Army

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

is_that_so wrote: »
    This is the pre-planning phase! Eyes on Denmark and Austria, even Italy and Spain to see how it's working in reality.

A pre-plan is good news in my book!

alwald wrote: »
    Indeed, it won't end well for the selfish who have no regards for the well being of the nation.

Or anyone else from the nation tbh, our society is built on co-operation, not violent enforcement and never was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Large groups forming in public in berlin to protest at the government lockdown. I am meant to listen to the shower of idiots here and talk of massively lengthy lockdown from the idiots that brought us the black and tan farce, dail printer scandal, you know it all, I'm on a smart phone don't have an hour for compile the list!

I have zero respect for those weasel morons , they have the authority of a boy scout!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Large groups forming in public in berlin to protest at the government lockdown. I am meant to listen to the shower of idiots here and talk of massively lengthy lockdown from the idiots that brought us the black and tan farce, dail printer scandal, you know it all, I'm on a smart phone don't have an hour for compile the list!

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1249798140305252352?s=20

Link doesn't work

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Link doesn't work

Neither does she lol, proper loony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Link doesn't work

Ok will try sort it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,917 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bladespin wrote: »
    Or anyone else from the nation tbh, our society is built on co-operation, not violent enforcement and never was.

So thats why theres so many gangland feuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Blueshoe wrote: »
    A few more weeks of this and the company may go bust. Also I was supposed to be heading to the UK for a surgery at the end of summer.
    Il be disabled and unemployed by the time this happens

It's funny how incredibly quickly you changed your tune once YOU were the one trapped in the house almost all week, worrying about losing your job and realising that your surgery might be cancelled. You were quick to mock me and others for being snowflakes when we were saying how hard we're finding this and questioning whether it would ultimately be worth it.

Perfect example of how little empathy most people on here have for people in different situations until they're actually in them themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement