Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I wouldn't rely on our Gemma for news if I were you. She was posting a video of people on Sheriff St the other day protesting against the Government by having parties on the streets. It was just a bunch of stupid knackers with no regard for authority however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

bladespin wrote: »
    Neither does she lol, proper loony.

Works when you quote it. Gemma Doherty :pac: I wonder has she been posting on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

KrustyUCC wrote:
    Even Harris admits the lockdown can't continue for much longer yet some want further restrictions and to bring on the Army

KrustyUCC wrote:
    Wow

You believe everything Simon Harris tells you.

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Ok will try sort it

Don't bother it's from Gemma Doherty :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,917 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

TheCitizen wrote: »

Let him try tbf. She needs all the help she can get to sort herself out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

So she staged the video ? I can imagine traditional media not wanting to share it fir sure, might give people ideas ... varadkar has probably told rte what they can and cant report ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Link doesn't work

Knock off the "?" and anything after it and it does. The page it links to has replies to her anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So she staged the video ? I can imagine traditional media not wanting to share it fir sure, might give people ideas ... varadkar has probably told rte what they can and cant report ....

Wouldn't put it past her to be using footage from the wall coming down in 1989 as evidence of social unrest in 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

pjohnson wrote: »
    So thats why theres so many gangland feuds.

Could be, but either way Government here is by consent.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Wouldn't put it past her to be using footage from the wall coming down in 1989 as evidence of social unrest in 2020.

I speak German, it is a protest over the restrictions. They have way less time and tolerance for bull**** over there. Its berlin , their freedom was robbed before dont forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get the army on the streets and use force. Simple
    The Irish armed forces won't violently suppress the Irish people and they definitely won't open fire on them.

We don't have the kind of blindly nationalistic armed forces that the US, UK and China do.

Also, think about how stupid it sounds to suggest using force when the purpose of a lockdown is to save lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I think some mods and even the owners of boards.ie should consider temporarily locking some Covid19 threads late at night. There seems to be a lot of rambling and drunken posting going on late at night reporting some pretty dubious and possibly inaccurate facts and figures.

Just something to consider lads, although it could be just an Easter weekend thing it seemed to get worse this weekend. A few times now it's 2 posters just forward and back at each other

After hours this is not

Get a grip of urself man, its a online forum...lockin threads cause people talkin nonsense... you d have 90% of boards locked :D:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Bill Gates is not a qualified expert.

I mean...except for the other diseases he single-handedly wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Bill Gates is not a qualified expert.

He also has a hundred odd billion in the bank to keep him going through the economic downturn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I mean...except for the other diseases he single-handedly wiped out.

He didn't do the research in a lab under his house. Up all night injecting monkeys and taking notes. .
    He funds the research. Without the money the cures would not have been found. Very important but he didn't discover anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Blueshoe wrote: »
    He didn't do the research in a lab under his house. Up all night injecting monkeys and taking notes. .
    He funds the research. Without the money the cures would not have been found. Very important but he didn't discover anything

You could argue that in todays world, no one really does anything if to qualify for having done so they must have done every single thing from start to finish.

Bill is obviously very intelligent, he has also spent a lot of time in funding and being involved in the conversation around infectious diseases. He is definitely capable of contributing to the conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭pgj2015

seamus wrote: »
    The Irish armed forces won't violently suppress the Irish people and they definitely won't open fire on them.

We don't have the kind of blindly nationalistic armed forces that the US, UK and China do.

Also, think about how stupid it sounds to suggest using force when the purpose of a lockdown is to save lives.

no, I heard in whatsapp that they Irish army will open fire on such protesters with mini guns.

You could argue that in todays world, no one really does anything if to qualify for having done so they must have done every single thing from start to finish.

Bill is obviously very intelligent, he has also spent a lot of time in funding and being involved in the conversation around infectious diseases. He is definitely capable of contributing to the conversation.

He wouldn't be doing the research though. He has no PhD in biology or what not. He is intelligent no doubt and has the cash but he won't be discovering anything

He wouldn't be doing the research though. He has no PhD in biology or what not. He is intelligent no doubt and has the cash but he won't be discovering anything

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Large groups forming in public in berlin to protest at the government lockdown. I am meant to listen to the shower of idiots here and talk of massively lengthy lockdown from the idiots that brought us the black and tan farce, dail printer scandal, you know it all, I'm on a smart phone don't have an hour for compile the list!

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1249798140305252352?s=20

I have zero respect for those weasel morons , they have the authority of a boy scout!

Why is a guy wearing an americans go home shirt? 1.04

• Advertisement

Why is a guy wearing an americans go home shirt? 1.04

Why not?

You d have to be a special sort of stupid to go out in a large groups to protest, there names should be taken and they should be denied any help should they contract covid, twud boil ur blood..people fightin for there lives then uve these righteous gob****es out protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,804 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Cupatae wrote: »
    Why not?

Your reply would be the same if it said "Irish go home" i'm sure.

:rolleyes:

Your reply would be the same if it said "Irish go home" i'm sure.

:rolleyes:

They are out protesting in large groups in the middle of a pandemic, they are devoid of logic,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not until the restrictions are lifted. Some of them may be "open" online.

Wrong. My local hardware place is open today. Queues out the door. Everyone's an amateur painter this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Anyone know when today the WHO are due to publish the guidelines on exiting lockdown ? Should be an interesting read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I speak German, it is a protest over the restrictions. They have way less time and tolerance for bull**** over there. Its berlin , their freedom was robbed before dont forget.

They're probably the most rule following by the bookish nation on Earth tbf. People shout at you if you cross when the ampfelmann is red ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

pgj2015 wrote: »
    no, I heard in whatsapp that they Irish army will open fire on such protesters with mini guns.

Careful some germaphobic Puritan might start suggesting machine gunning anyone who steps outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

They're probably the most rule following by the bookish nation on Earth tbf. People shout at you if you cross when the ampfelmann is red ffs.

True but the Berlin Wall as the other poster pointed out. They saw hard times with that wall, people separated from each other families, friends. Came down in 1989 or 90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Bill Gates recommended at least 10 more weeks of lockdown two weeks ago. We should listen to the experts. Thackeray means at least eight more are required, and probably a lot more than that.

Bill Gates is an expert virologist now?!

:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement