Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I am keeping a record of activity in my permitted zone of activity should the authorities need the information.
    Ah now, that and "pulling back the curtains to let him know I know" :)

I see some schools in Denmark have gone back this week:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/europe/denmark-coronavirus-first-school-intl/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Some fresh air, an hour or two offline, and a nice cup of tea with a biscuit would do most people on this thread a lot of good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Sweaty joggers who are not within their exercise area flagrantly disobeying the rules.

Stop following the joggers and licking the road after they've gone by and you'll be fine! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I wouldnt mind if they extended the lockdown for another 5 weeks, just to see the whinging and absolute crys outta the whingers on here :D 3 weeks of lockdown and some people are just determined to whinge there way thru it.

(Disclaimer this comment is in no way aimed at the vulnerable, those with mental health problems...isolated elderly unable to be visited ect ect)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

KiKi III wrote: »
    Some fresh air, an hour or two offline, and a nice cup of tea with a biscuit would do most people on this thread a lot of good.

That's just the problem, though. A lot of people can't get fresh air safely at the moment. If I could have a good hike through countryside or up a mountain, I would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cyrus wrote: »
    curtain twitcher are you paddy :D

In fairness, the man's gone into total lockdown until a vaccine is found. Feck all else for him do!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I'll be sticking to the dutch gold thanks.

Going all in with this life on benefits craic.

Are you blind pal? It's happening all over the country. Sweaty joggers who are not within their exercise area flagrantly disobeying the rules.

This is really fcuking weird. This lockdown is really showing the bullies, snitches and curtain twitchers for who they really are.

If someone is having a party or otherwise ripping the p1ss? Sure, report them to the guards. If someone is just trying to get some exercise for their mental and physical health and has jogged a couple of km outside where they're meant to be? Mind your own bloody business tbh.

It's really creepy and strange that you've even noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are you blind pal? It's happening all over the country. Sweaty joggers who are not within their exercise area flagrantly disobeying the rules.

As long as he's on his own, it doesn't matter whether he lives 50m or 5km away.

I take your point about the the rule, but it's is badly thought out and badly implemented. It's designed to stop people meeting up, but it makes no difference. You can have big meetups within 2km, or go 5-6km, stay away from everyone else, and be fine.

easypazz wrote: »

No harm in that. Would still recommend the fresh air and a bit of time offline.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

This is really fcuking weird. This lockdown is really showing the bullies, snitches and curtain twitchers for who they really are.

If someone is having a party or otherwise ripping the p1ss? Sure, report them to the guards. If someone is just trying to get some exercise for their mental and physical health and has jogged a couple of km outside where they're meant to be? Mind your own bloody business tbh.

You do realize this poster is taking the piss with his comments in this thread?

Hang in there Lainey only 2 more weeks, stay strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think this thread has run it's course, it's basically the same as the main thread but with even more petty squabbling and point scoring. Some posters need to get out for a walk.

On topic I believe some restrictions will be lifted on May 5th, even if it's a few small ones just to show that there's some sort of plan in place.

easypazz wrote: »

Half the country receiving money from the Gov....still trys to get a few kicks in at people on the dole.. the lock down really got some people throwin tantrums :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

NDWC wrote: »
    I think this thread has run it's course, it's basically the same as the main thread but with even more petty squabbling and point scoring. Some posters need to get out for a walk.

On topic I believe some restrictions will be lifted on May 5th, even if it's a few small ones just to show that there's some sort of plan in place.

Such as what?

That's just the problem, though. A lot of people can't get fresh air safely at the moment. If I could have a good hike through countryside or up a mountain, I would!

Ah here come on now... walk out ur front door and get a few breaths into ya..stop the nonsense tis'nt Chernobyl were in at all that you "cant get fresh air safely"

NDWC wrote: »

People seem to enjoy the point scoring and petty squabbling they spend hours everyday at it, i dont see the harm in it let em off..

Such as what?

Most likely allowing more shops to open. Anything that promotes economic trade will be prioritised. Also secondary schools (prioritising Leaving Cert and Junior Cert sudents).

Just spoke to a friend in Dubai. They’re on a full 24-hour lockdown and have been for two weeks - only allowed out with a dedicated pass once every three days for the supermarket.

Now that is intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Such as what?

Maybe factories and construction or something along those lines

For the record I'm basing that on absolutely nothing

• Advertisement

Cupatae wrote: »
    Ah here come on now... walk out ur front door and get a few breaths into ya..stop the nonsense tis'nt Chernobyl were in at all that you "cant get fresh air safely"

Sigh.

You do realise not all of us live in the arse end of nowhere?

I'm in a city where up to 1 in 7 people are suspected to have covid. I can't walk down my own street without coming into contact with dozens of other people, some of whom are still coughing without covering their mouths or panting in everyone's face as they jog on the pavement.

But, sure, tell me I'm exaggerating, yeah.

Sigh.

You do realise not all of us live in the arse end of nowhere?

I'm in a city where up to 1 in 7 people are suspected to have covid. I can't walk down my own street without coming into contact with dozens of other people, some of whom are still coughing without covering their mouths or panting in everyone's face as they jog on the pavement.

But, sure, tell me I'm exaggerating, yeah.

You are exaggerating, you can certainly go outside regardless of the city, its not nuclear fall out....plenty of parks in london.

Timelapse showing the place as a ghost town..

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-52084872/timelapse-the-streets-of-london-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just spoke to a friend in Dubai. They’re on a full 24-hour lockdown and have been for two weeks - only allowed out with a dedicated pass once every three days for the supermarket.

Now that is intense.

Its that intense here for over 70’s . My husband hasn’t left the house for 3 weeks or so .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its that intense here for over 70’s . My husband hasn’t left the house for 3 weeks or so .

I read yesterday that cocooning is advised rather than mandatory. Does he have underlying health issues? If not, an early morning or late evening walk when it’s quiet might be good for him.

I’m seeing lots of over-70s out and about myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Tbh I find all the repetitive trite comments such as “how hard can it be to sit on your arse and watch Netflix?” or “your grandparents fought in the war” etc etc absolutely infuriating. You can immediately tell who hasn’t an absolute clue what they’re talking about when they spin one of those lines.

Given that i responded to a poster who mention the Netflix part, with a part about people have fought in wars etc, i'm guessing that i'm one of the people your aiming this at.

No one in this thread, not you not I, not anyone has a clue about this virus - so what gives you the right to say you can immediately tell who hasn't an absolute clue what they are talking about?

Your worried about your kid not getting back to school anytime soon, yet there are people worried on here that they might not see a loved one every again because they are in a nursing home - maybe some perspective required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Now that is intense.
    Brilliant idea.
    We should have that here.

Ah stop.
    there's fresh air outside your window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I read yesterday that cocooning is advised rather than mandatory. Does he have underlying health issues? If not, an early morning or late evening walk when it’s quiet might be good for him.

I’m seeing lots of over-70s out and about myself.
    No underlying issue thankfully . At the moment he is really busy in the garden thankfully and getting lots of exercise that way .
    I agree that if he needed to exercise he is well aware of distancing etc and could walk around our area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Cupatae wrote: »
    You are exaggerating, you can certainly go outside regardless of the city, its not nuclear fall out....plenty of parks in london.

Could imagine lads on here be acting the same if there was a nuclear fall out - but we have to save the economy and we can't stay in "lock down" for a few more weeks....

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Brilliant idea.
    We should have that here.

lol

Anyone who wants it can stay indoors, self assign the pass & enjoy if it appeals so much to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement