Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

salmocab wrote: »
    Righteous? Like I said in the post it should have been an interesting thread and some people are posting relevant stuff but as the days have gone on it’s been more and more the same few people having a pop off each other. I don’t think I’m above anyone and I’m happy to concede that my opinions on the subject may be wrong.

Again though if you hate it so much.. or if its not meeting your expectations.. why are you here? or do you just like telling everyone how disappointed you are with the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭skallywag

F.Grimes wrote: »
    ...218 health cafe workers contracted the virus

Report this cafe immediately!!! :):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

salmocab wrote: »
    Righteous? Like I said in the post it should have been an interesting thread and some people are posting relevant stuff but as the days have gone on it’s been more and more the same few people having a pop off each other. I don’t think I’m above anyone and I’m happy to concede that my opinions on the subject may be wrong.

All I have seen you do is throw personal insults calling everybody a tosser.

Augeo wrote: »
    LC might see some class time. I think primary schools won't be open in May or June.

I had thought so too but have my doubts now about even the Leaving Certs.

I have no solution to the issue and do not know how it can be best handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

Paddygreen wrote: »
    No, not until there is a mandatory vaccine with a way to verify that everyone has received their vaccine. Anti vax coronavirus deniers need to be sectioned so that their vaccines can be administered to them.

The government, and the health experts are all saying we will have to start living life alongside this virus, while practicing social distancing and good hygiene practices.

The transmission rate has dropped below 1, and community transmission is now next to zero, as was made clear in last nights update.

Say what you want "there are plane loads of people arriving in ireland! Stena line brought in 1000's of cars! People arent following social distancing!".... community transmission is down to pretty much zero, as confirmed by the government.

Bear in mind in the real world, plenty of people are still going to work in their essential roles, using public transport etc.

Last nights update had plenty of great news, showing we are making seriously good progress - but that doesn't suit the agenda of people who are hell bent on being miserable, and catastrophising everything.

Why are people so determined to ignore any sort of good news and progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Paddygreen wrote: »
    No, not until there is a mandatory vaccine with a way to verify that everyone has received their vaccine. Anti vax coronavirus deniers need to be sectioned so that their vaccines can be administered to them.

If you think they're going to keep the country locked up for a year or 2... then I deffo will need sectioning (if that comes to pass). We can barely get testing right. With 3 week wait times - While the R0 is still low... How are they going to wait, and then administer a vaccine to the whole country. Are we not getting let out to play till mid 2025?

We need to learn to live side-by-side with Covid-19.

Not hide from it for years on end...

Coz I'll have had my fill of lock-down by May. I'm well able to practice safe hygiene, distancing, good cough/sneeze etiquette outside of a 2km radius.

And I also think I've had my fill of boards.ie for a while.

bluelamp wrote: »
    The government, and the health experts are all saying we will have to start living life alongside this virus, while practicing social distancing and good hygiene practices.

The transmission rate has dropped below 1, and community transmission is now next to zero, as was made clear in last nights update.

Say what you want "there are plane loads of people arriving in ireland! Stena line brought in 1000's of cars! People arent following social distancing!".... community transmission is down to pretty much zero, as confirmed by the government.

Bear in mind in the real world, plenty of people are still going to work in their essential roles, using public transport etc.

Last nights update had plenty of great news, showing we are making seriously good progress - but that doesn't suit the agenda of people who are hell bent on being miserable, and catastrophising everything.

Why are people so determined to ignore any sort of good news and progress.

WELL FLÜCKÎNG SAID!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Cupatae wrote: »
    You are exaggerating, you can certainly go outside regardless of the city, its not nuclear fall out....plenty of parks in london.

Timelapse showing the place as a ghost town..

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-52084872/timelapse-the-streets-of-london-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic

God, you're so clueless, it's embarrassing. You come across as a culchie who has never been to an actual city.

You do realise London is a very big place? Do you grasp the scale of it? It's not like Dublin. The centre is very dead, yes, because nobody actually lives there, so of course it's quiet. The suburbs, and especially the overcrowded, poorer ones like where I live, are still busy. People are out walking, shopping, trying to exercise on pavements. The small parks have reopened but are still extremely busy, even at 7am.

I can't just teleport myself to St James Park, can I? I can't use public transport, it's too far to walk, and even if I could walk there, I still need to use the crowded streets around my flat to get there, putting myself at the same risk.

Common sense is in short supply around here, honest to God.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭F.Grimes

skallywag wrote: »
    Report this cafe immediately!!! :):pac:

Im afraid is too latte

Yesterday was certainly positive in terms of the noises being made, and it was also very well orchestrated with Harris first sending the message, Lee then looking wildly optimistic afterwards, followed up with the day's numbers coming afterward in the evening.

I also think that things will begin to open up to some extent in May. That said I cannot see pubs opening again, or sporting events etc. getting back to normal for a long, long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Augeo wrote: »
    Ah stop.
    there's fresh air outside your window.

Mmm yes, let me just breathe in a lungful of air from this polluted street, with a bin lorry idling outside, constant traffic flow and construction noise.

Yes, it's just like being in the countryside. How did I not realise?

Yesterday was certainly positive in terms of the noises being made, and it was also very well orchestrated with Harris first sending the message, Lee then looking wildly optimistic afterwards, followed up with the day's numbers coming afterward in the evening.

I also think that things will begin to open up to some extent in May. That said I cannot see pubs opening again, or sporting events etc. getting back to normal for a long, long time.

2nd part of this is where I'm at too... Can't see the larger grouped events/gatherings getting any leeway anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

That said I cannot see pubs opening again, or sporting events etc. getting back to normal for a long, long time.

Agreed, I can see pubs being allowed to open eventually till 8pm or something, with restricted numbers etc eventually. But like everything else, we can dwell in sadness, or find ways of making things work, and drive on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Sigh.

You do realise not all of us live in the arse end of nowhere?

I'm in a city where up to 1 in 7 people are suspected to have covid. I can't walk down my own street without coming into contact with dozens of other people, some of whom are still coughing without covering their mouths or panting in everyone's face as they jog on the pavement.

But, sure, tell me I'm exaggerating, yeah.

Hold on a second, you can't go out during the lockdown because of dozens of people and yet you want restrictions to be lifted to go out?
    In addition, you observed that people aren't respecting the coughing etiquette so what makes you think that this will change with the lifting of restrictions?

I am not having a go at you I genuinely don't see any logic whatsoever.

But like everything else, we can dwell in sadness, or find ways of making things work, and drive on.

Spot on! Necessity is the mother of invention...

Time to find NEW ways of living with this "SeeYouNext Tuesday" of a virus!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Pub's will be last places restrictions will be lifted I will say end of July start of August the earliest I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Agreed, I can see pubs being allowed to open eventually till 8pm or something, with restricted numbers etc eventually. But like everything else, we can dwell in sadness, or find ways of making things work, and drive on.

Can't see pub's til end of July start of August

Pub's will be last places restrictions will be lifted I will say end of July start of August the earliest I'd say

I tend to agree. You cannot reasonably expect people to Socially Distance when folk are downing pints.

God, you're so clueless, it's embarrassing. You come across as a culchie who has never been to an actual city.

You do realise London is a very big place? Do you grasp the scale of it? It's not like Dublin. The centre is very dead, yes, because nobody actually lives there, so of course it's quiet. The suburbs, and especially the overcrowded, poorer ones like where I live, are still busy. People are out walking, shopping, trying to exercise on pavements. The small parks have reopened but are still extremely busy, even at 7am.

I can't just teleport myself to St James Park, can I? I can't use public transport, it's too far to walk, and even if I could walk there, I still need to use the crowded streets around my flat to get there, putting myself at the same risk.

Common sense is in short supply around here, honest to God.

Im afraid its you that is embarrassing yourself, and its you that hasn't got the common sense to release yourself from ur self imposed bunker.

You cant go out for a walk, cause the place you wanna go walking is too far of a walk :D:D For the record ive lived in New York, Paris and Vancouver. You are talking nonsense.

alwald wrote: »
    Hold on a second, you can't go out during the lockdown because of dozens of people and yet you want restrictions to be lifted to go out?
    In addition, you observed that people aren't respecting the coughing etiquette so what makes you think that this will change with the lifting of restrictions?

I was only thinking the same myself, roaring for restrictions to be lifted the last day now cant leave the house for a walk lmao:D:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Pubs will not reopen before Nov/Dec at the earliest and quite possibly not until 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Given that i responded to a poster who mention the Netflix part, with a part about people have fought in wars etc, i'm guessing that i'm one of the people your aiming this at.

No one in this thread, not you not I, not anyone has a clue about this virus - so what gives you the right to say you can immediately tell who hasn't an absolute clue what they are talking about?

Your worried about your kid not getting back to school anytime soon, yet there are people worried on here that they might not see a loved one every again because they are in a nursing home - maybe some perspective required?

Children at that age need social interaction for their own development. It's probably the most critical time in a humans life, where they learn how to socialize with other children. It's also a short window they have in their development cycle and can lead to issues in latter life if they don't learn those keys skills at that age.

We should be looking at balancing the needs of every member of society in this, not just the old and vulnerable.

Also, has it occurred to you that people can worry about more than one thing at a time. Like, oh, I don't know, maybe some like myself are concerned about their very young children and their development while at the same time doing everything they can for extremely vulnerable parents.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

alwald wrote: »

Sure throw on a facemask ............ ignore what THEY say :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Pubs will not reopen before Nov/Dec at the earliest and quite possibly not until 2021.

You are well wide of the mark.

Once schools and colleges open, and shopping centres reopen, then there will be a lot of places where thousands of people are mingling most days of the week.

There will be no point keeping pubs closed then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

khalessi wrote: »
    Not scientific but as a teacher I often see children getting a bug and it wiping out half the class. The week the schools closed, a vomitting bug hit a colleagues class and they had 10 children missing and they ended up cleaning vomit up after another 3 on the Thursday who no doubt would have been out on Firday had there been school.

Anyone with school aged chldren can tell you how quick a bug or head lice spead in a class.

I thought you were a nurse?

easypazz wrote: »

Once schools and colleges open, and shopping centres reopen, then there will be a lot of places where thousands of people are mingling most days of the week.

When secondary schools and colleges do open, I would imagine that it will still be with social distancing of some form being observed.

I cannot see how any social distancing at all will be possible in a pub type environment though?

Once one opens they ll all open "Sur everyone is already out mingling anyway why cant we open the pubs?!" "People are gonna drink and mingle regardless may aswell open the pub"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭briany

Pubs are one of the places where people are least likely to act responsibly in terms of social distancing. You don't go to a pub on a Saturday night to drink 6 feet away from people, being careful not to talk in a loud voice. And, yes, I know some people also like going to an almost empty pub on an afternoon to read the paper over a pint or two, but realistically you can't really differentiate legislation based on such scenarios, i.e. closing pubs on a Saturday night. People would just congregate at different times.

So, slabs 'til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

easypazz wrote: »

Extremely unlikely.

Maybe you should just try and practice acceptance around the fact that you won’t get a draft pint for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I thought you were a nurse?

I am both. I spent over 20 years as a general nurse and am now a teacher for various reasons so it gives me a interesting perspective on certain things and I also have a couple of other qualifications that dont need mentioning here in completely different areas from those mentioned.

Basically I kinda live by Danny Kaye's quote "life is a canvas you have to throw as much paint at it as possible"

and I have.

So if Ive outed myself come say hi in a message :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement