Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Augeo wrote: »
    they'll no doubt go that route in September. I doubt they want to go the see how we go approach with schools in conjunction with 100s of thousands of non essential workers in May and June, IMO.

it depends,

scandis and germans are going with schools first, presumably on the basis that if they do get it they are the least at risk. So schools could be first.

also schools in september, what about creches? if you want to get people back to work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,905 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You are the person dodging as you won’t answer the question
    I will
    I dont plan on opening them safely
    Life must go on and it is a fact children are not affected

Time to open up
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

marno21 wrote: »
    If the Government are planning a controlled herd immunity strategy, not like the UK one but a controlled version seeing as some sort of herd immunity be it through infection or vaccination is the only way out of this mess.

Herd immunity through infection isn't a sure thing as scientists don't know if patients can contract C-19 more than once. In addition, we don't know how long this immunity lasts for in case the body develops immunity through infection.
    There is so much to discover about this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

You are the person dodging as you won’t answer the question
    I will
    I dont plan on opening them safely
    Life must go on and it is a fact children are not affected

Time to open up

There are 6 new born babies in Kildare with it. I have had 3 nieces sick with it all under 16, one is still touch and go and could end up in hospital. Children can get it and chldren can get very sick from it as I have recently witnessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Unacceptable to the majority of Irish people
    What the majority on boards might think means nothing to the real world

Can you pleas provide a source for this? - i know that i didn't partake in any survey so would like to see who did.

Many Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Cyrus wrote: »
    it depends,

scandis and germans are going with schools first, presumably on the basis that if they do get it they are the least at risk. So schools could be first.

also schools in september, what about creches? if you want to get people back to work...

im guessing creches will re-open beginning of June.

Essential to get people back to work....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Unacceptable to the majority of Irish people
    What the majority on boards might think means nothing to the real world

Any surveys I’ve seen show broad support by the irish people for the government’s measures.

Where are you getting the idea they don’t?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Cupatae wrote: »
    Im afraid its you that cant use logic, is there a rock concert directly outside ur door? there must be 100'000s in ur direct vicinity (like right outside) ur house that you cant even go outside at no hour day or night even for a short walk.

You spent the better part of a day arguing why restrictions are nonsense and should be lifted... but u cant even open ur front door and you want to talk about logic? dont make me laugh.

I said I can't maintain a safe distance from other people. I went out the other day at 6.30 am and I still came across people, one of whom turned a corner and coughed right in my face. Also saw a jogger spit on the pavement a few metres in front of me. Going outside in any capacity is extremely stressful, not relaxing in the slightest, and I do what I need to do and get back inside as soon as possible. My original comment was that I'd love to go for a proper walk in the countryside, get some proper fresh air, and you're here claiming I can do that, which is utter bollix. To do that I'd need to take a train somewhere, which I can't do.

For someone who claims to have lived in cities, you sure don't seem to have much of a grasp of what a poor, crowded inner city area looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

jackboy wrote: »
    It’s been all over the news last couple of days. Leo is now talking about months.

Yes Leo stated restrictions will be lifted over moths , that falls in line with EU guidance issued yesterday
    Basically lift some restrictions wait two weeks, lift some more wait two weeks.
    Time frame's looks to be issued between 2 and 3 months.
    Some restrictions will last longer example large gathering of late groups for sports concerts ECT

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So just for everyone to be clear, your plan is that come 5th May - everything should open up and go back to normal and to hell with anyone that is sick/vulnerable or even to the healthcare workers and hospitals?

If 10,000 Irish people die, so what the economy be back on it's feet etc?

Have i summarized that correctly?

The "time to open up" crowd have always wanted economy open and not gave a ****e about deaths. Sure its only the elderly they dont contribute to motherlands economy anyway so are already irrelevant.

He just admitted he wont open schools safely so health and safety itself is probably a nuisance.

• Advertisement

im guessing creches will re-open beginning of June.

Essential to get people back to work....

They will have an insurance problem though, be similar to school etc.

No idea how to get around that, dunno how any creche could ensure that a child doesn't pick up a deadly virus in their care etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

KiKi III wrote: »
    You can end every post with “time to open up”, it doesn’t make it one iota more likely that it will happen before it’s safe to do so.

I am confident it will
    Things are opening as it is
    I know small builders plumbers sparkies getting back at it
    Know some boys back shooting and others bringing horse boxes to secluded areas for a trot
    I was stopped at a check point this morning and asked where I was going
    Replied work and was waved on
    No request for licence or proof of work
    You must notice it - more people are about, more cars on the roads

Time to open up

khalessi wrote: »
    There are 6 new born babies in Kildare with it. I have had 3 nieces sick with it all under 16, one is still touch and go and could end up in hospital. Children can get it and chldren can get very sick from it as I have recently witnessed.

are the new borns sick with it? or they just have it?

the facts are that only a very small percentage of kids get ill with this, they are the lowest risk category anecdotes regardless.

I said I can't maintain a safe distance from other people. I went out the other day at 6.30 am and I still came across people, one of whom turned a corner and coughed right in my face. Also saw a jogger spit on the pavement a few metres in front of me. Going outside in any capacity is extremely stressful, not relaxing in the slightest, and I do what I need to do and get back inside as soon as possible. My original comment was that I'd love to go for a proper walk in the countryside, get some proper fresh air, and you're here claiming I can do that, which is utter bollix. To do that I'd need to take a train somewhere, which I can't do.

For someone who claims to have lived in cities, you sure don't seem to have much of a grasp of what a poor, crowded inner city area looks like.

Your posts are all over the shop - what exactly do you want - lift restrictions or not?

No idea how to get around that, dunno how any creche could ensure that a child doesn't pick up a deadly virus in their care etc.

its not deadly to children.

what insurance problem will they have?

if you follow your logic all creches will remain closed for good unless there is a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Lots more groups of people seem to be congregating over the last few days. My elderly neighbours have had the kids and grandkids over, teens are out kicking football in the nearby park and the car parks and aisles of the local shop are busy with people catching up with one another. It's clear that people are getting a bit tired of the current nonsense.

It's time for the Govt. to start planning for the easing of restrictions or the people will make that decision for them.

We're putting our lives on hold flushing our futures down the toilet to keep a few bedroom-dwellers happy - time to get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I am confident it will
    Things are opening as it is
    I know small builders plumbers sparkies getting back at it
    Know some boys back shooting and others bringing horse boxes to secluded areas for a trot
    I was stopped at a check point this morning and asked where I was going
    Replied work and was waved on
    No request for licence or proof of work
    You must notice it - more people are about, more cars on the roads

Time to open up

Are you allergic to punctuation?

People breaking the restrictions and restrictions being lifted are two entirely different things.

are the new borns sick with it? or they just have it?

the facts are that only a very small percentage of kids get ill with this, they are the lowest risk category anecdotes regardless.

I'll remind the 3 nieces

khalessi wrote: »
    I'll remind the 3 nieces

Yep. Also any doctor that diagnosed covid should be struck off. They should know these "facts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭showpony1

I agree with the sentiment here that things are hopefully going to get back to normal now in next few weeks, too bad the pubs won't be open in time for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Your posts are all over the shop - what exactly do you want - lift restrictions or not?

No, you just can't understand what you read.

I've said all along that the lockdown should continue for the next few weeks until the peak is well past, then things should gradually reopen slowly and cautiously with social distancing, with things very gradually getting back to something approaching 'normal' towards the end of the year. We cannot stay in lockdown indefinitely.

It's honestly not that hard to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Lots more groups of people seem to be congregating over the last few days. My elderly neighbours have had the kids and grandkids over, teens are out kicking football in the nearby park and the car parks and aisles of the local shop are busy with people catching up with one another. It's clear that people are getting a bit tired of the current nonsense.

It's time for the Govt. to start planning for the easing of restrictions or the people will make that decision for them.

We're putting our lives on hold flushing our futures down the toilet to keep a few bedroom-dwellers happy - time to get real.

Noticed it myself when chatting to neighbours etc. easy to forget the 2 metre rule.

It was fine the first few days but after a while there is probably an assumption that if everybody has more or less isolated for several weeks now, the neighbours on both sides of the fence shouldn't have it so its safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

easypazz wrote: »
    And that is how I expect pubs to reopen.

No standing, congregating at the counter, or live music.

No functions birthday parties etc.

People sit with their own group and some tables and chairs removed.

Encourage people to visit off peak.

Reduce capacity to 50% of normal.

I've worked in pubs all my life. Your suggestions mean there is no point in reopening

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep. Also any doctor that diagnosed covid should be struck off. They should know these "facts"

i presume they were tested not diagnosed

again people need to see the difference between anecdotes and statistics, but you might as well be talking to the wall.

its not deadly to children.

what insurance problem will they have?

if you follow your logic all creches will remain closed for good unless there is a vaccine.

It doesn't have to be deadly to children, for it to increase the cost of insurance. Insurance costs are through the roof already.

It's clear as day there are medical/ethical reasons why the government national response to provided healthcare workers children with creches hasn't taken off yet - the risks are very high.

If your child was in a creche and picked up the virus and ended up in hospital you would be furious and wanting to know how this happened etc. There are hundreds of claims each year if not thousands, a virus in a creche could lead to that creche and owner going out of business.

pjohnson wrote: »

Please explain comment nieces were swabbed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I've said all along that the lockdown should continue for the next few weeks until the peak is well past, then things should gradually reopen slowly and cautiously with social distancing, with things very gradually getting back to something approaching 'normal' towards the end of the year. We cannot stay in lockdown indefinitely.

No your posts are a mixed bag of nonsense, one min ur complaining you cant go outside safely the next you want all restrictions lifted... and on and on... all over the place but yet its everyone else's fault they cant "Understand" or "Use Logic"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

how would it impact their insurance? Kids already get very sick from crèche viruses, are hospitalised etc.

It doesn't have to be deadly to children, for it to increase the cost of insurance. Insurance costs are through the roof already.

It's clear as day there are medical/ethical reasons why the government national response to provided healthcare workers children with creches hasn't taken off yet - the risks are very high.

If your child was in a creche and picked up the virus and ended up in hospital you would be furious and wanting to know how this happened etc. There are hundreds of claims each year if not thousands, a virus in a creche could lead to that creche and owner going out of business.

which insurance are you referring to specifically.

im not sure if you have ever had kids in creche, they pick up all manner of horrible doses. i cant ever recall considering suing over it.

you know what will lead to creche owners going out of business? staying shut.

again barring a vaccine, whats your solution as it appears to be to keep them shut?

• Advertisement

Ok but your issues with those outside of your house, i.e. it been crowed, will only get worse as restrictions are lifted....

We are also not on a lockdown as you like to keep saying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement