Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Your post made me laugh, in a good way, on this fine evening and I am only on my first beer :pac:!
    Prioritise.
    This virus is coming for the smokers, drinkers, fast food eaters and unfortunately the elderly, the pub is the last place that should be open.

Smokers can be impacted by the virus more so than others but a link/source for drinkers/fast food eaters is welcome.
    How anyone can suggest its equally necessary to kids education is a stain on society.

No-one is suggesting that but we are talking about various types of businesses that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Prioritise.

This virus is coming for the smokers, drinkers, fast food eaters and unfortunately the elderly, the pub is the last place that should be open. How anyone can suggest its equally necessary to kids education is a stain on society.

Maybe a little more education would of helped you avoid such a ridiculous interpretation.

It affects all people, ones with existing lung issues more than most, and ones with heart issues as it places strain on their circulatory system due to oxygenation issues. The bold part is just a silly interpretation of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

manonboard wrote: »
    Maybe a little more education would of helped you avoid such a ridiculous interpretation.

It affects all people, ones with existing lung issues more than most, and ones with heart issues as it places strain on their circulatory system due to oxygenation issues. The bold part is just a silly interpretation of it.

I can't resist this: please replace the word 'of' in your first sentence with 'have', then you could maybe coach others about having more education. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭JRant

robinph wrote: »
    So how then do you solve the problem of parents not being able to go to work?

It seems that you don't. All you do is keep them closed till September and keep parents at home as well.

The fact that they will have been closed for 2 months by May 5th and absolutely no indication has been given to parents is ridiculous but not surprising.

Just like the announcement to close schools was thrust upon parents. The opening of schools and creches will be equally chaotic considering the government only plan on finalizing a roadmap at the end of this month.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

We go more then 2km on A non essential trip we get a large fine and maybe jail term

Keelings fly from Bulgaria 200 migrant workers to pick fruit and the below is the governments response

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0417/1132089-keelings-fruit-covid19/

Time to open up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

And what would one of the primary cause of lung issues?

And what do you reckon would be a root cause of heart issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

showpony1 wrote: »
    if a young child is taken out of school for say 18 months in their formative years will they ever be able to reach full intellectual capabilities?

For many of us we were never taken out if school and still never reach how intellectual capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    For many of us we were never taken out if school and still never reach how intellectual capabilities.

I have read that a few times, are you sure you were not taken out of school early.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I have read that a few times, are you sure you were not taken out of school early.

I liked it because I assumed it was a parody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Restrictions will start to be relaxed from the 5th I imagine. The elderly and vulnerable will be asked to continue to isolate.

All will be expected to take precautions and not do anything stupid that puts themselves or at risk - an admittedly unfashionable concept these days called "personal responsibility".

But locking people in for the summer or whatever the "but but, the virus!" types would advocate just isn't practical or enforceable.

We need to get used to living alongside this thing for the foreseeable future and adapt accordingly. Hiding away in fear while the economy and people's personal wellbeing crumble around us isn't going to happen.

Agree, irrelevant when they go back if there are still 700+ cases a day by then

The hope is we will be down to under 500 cases per day by early May as transmission rate is now under 1.

What do parents intend doing in July & August, none of the summer camps etc will be operational I imagine so whatever is the plan for that needs to be done in May & June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Any garda I meet now
    Gard: Where you travelling ?
    Me: Going to pick a few strawberries and fruit and veg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The Govt. will relax the restrictions on the 5th or the People will take it upon themselves to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The Govt. will relax the restrictions on the 5th or the People will take it upon themselves to do so.

How will the people do this exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Like they're already doing, bit-by-bit. Only an ostrich couldn't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

By ignoring Gardaí or by sneaking about generally!

The yellow vest brigade might be out, water charge protestesque.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

never_mind wrote: »
    By ignoring Gardaí or by sneaking about generally!

Which if done on a large scale would eventually result in a much stricter lockdown than anything we have in place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Che? Is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Will you lead them oh great one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I'd say the black market is already ramping up. Trades etc doing nixers to pay the bills

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

JRant wrote: »
    I'd say the black market is already ramping up. Trades etc doing nixers to pay the bills

Any evidence PM me. I'd have absolutely zero problems informing the Gardai and revenue.

JRant wrote: »

You can get most things that you could before the lockdown if you know the right people. Simple things, like haircuts. I've met loads of people in the last week and they're all keen to ease up on the restrictions, they'll go mad if they don't.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Any evidence PM me. I'd have absolutely zero problems informing the Gardai and revenue.

What if a tradesperson is working legitimately at the moment? Will you report them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Which if done on a large scale would eventually result in a much stricter lockdown than anything we have in place now.

I don’t think so... I mean this isn’t a flipping fascist country. They can only do so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

GazzaL wrote: »
    What if a tradesperson is working legitimately at the moment? Will you report them too?

You what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Nermal

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2020/04/15/1586943153000/Why-are-we-really-in-lockdown--/

Interesting article covering economic and moral consequences of the lockdown.

Once again though: the conclusions are wrong, softheaded pap!

They give out to Toby Young for using life expectancy at birth, rather than life expectancy at age X, but admit earlier in the article that two-thirds of the people this lockdown is saving would have died within a year anyway. Nick Szabo (he's worth a follow) made a related prediction: "When all is said and done, all-cause mortality in 2020-22 will not be significantly higher in the U.S. or in the world than in 2017-19". https://twitter.com/NickSzabo4/status/1250234450098585601

The interventions we're making are vastly disproportionate to the benefits. The evidence accumulates every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Open your eyes, the roads are more and more busy each day, more people out and about generally. You can`t keep a lid on this after 5th May

• Advertisement

They already have. Big time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement