Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Open your eyes, the roads are more and more busy each day, more people out and about generally. You can`t keep a lid on this after 5th May

Every second person will have a "letter" to move around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

GazzaL wrote: »
    What if a tradesperson is working legitimately at the moment? Will you report them too?

Only if they working on the latest Ryanair A380 John.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭JRant

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Any evidence PM me. I'd have absolutely zero problems informing the Gardai and revenue.

Why on Earth would I do that?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

JRant wrote: »
    Why on Earth would I do that?

Because Ratting is better than Ranting :D

So peak deaths was 39 10 days ago down to 20 today.

Game over, roll on May 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Any evidence PM me. I'd have absolutely zero problems informing the Gardai and revenue.

lol.
    Yes, I know of lads working a bit on the side. In what I would consider safe conditions (open, isolated sites). Tbh I applaud them over the many who are happy to sit on their arse and draw the sizeable dole.

No, I won’t be sending you their details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

alwald wrote: »
    Because Ratting is better than Ranting :D

Nobody likes a grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Thought Tony Holohan was very good on the Late Late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

easypazz wrote: »
    So peak deaths was 39 10 days ago down to 20 today.

Game over, roll on May 5th.

Was it only 20 deaths today, haven't seen update.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Was it only 20 deaths today, haven't seen update.

20 actual and 24 historical only notified today.

#rollonMay5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i thought i seen 44 deaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

20 actual and 24 historical only notified today.

#rollonMay5

How long ago were these deaths I wonder. Are we talking up to a week ago.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    i thought i seen 44 deaths?

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 44 people diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died:

33 deaths located in the east, 3 in the north west, 3 in the south and 5 in the west of the country
    the deaths included 19 females and 25 males
    the median age of today’s reported deaths is 84
    25 people were reported as having underlying health conditions.

They usually mention in the last 24hrs but that's not there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I hope people in Ireland arent afraid to get back out there when the restrictions are eased. we can leave the people who call the guards on their neighbours where they belong, hiding in their bunkers.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    lol.
    Yes, I know of lads working a bit on the side. In what I would consider safe conditions (open, isolated sites). Tbh I applaud them over the many who are happy to sit on their arse and draw the sizeable dole.

No, I won’t be sending you their details.

They are breaking the restrictions set down to beat the virus by the government.

If you don't want to pass their details on fair enough but they will be contributing towards the extension of the soft lockdown and putting the health service under more pressure in the weeks to come.

But of course they know best because the gubbermint are wrong.

niallo27 wrote: »
    How long ago were these deaths I wonder. Are we talking up to a week ago.
    Augeo wrote: »
    The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 44 people diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died:

33 deaths located in the east, 3 in the north west, 3 in the south and 5 in the west of the country
    the deaths included 19 females and 25 males
    the median age of today’s reported deaths is 84
    25 people were reported as having underlying health conditions.

They usually mention in the last 24hrs but that's not there today.

Post #7888 on main thread shows graph from briefing today and George Lee explained it on the main 9pm news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I'm genuinely worried about some of the lads on here when restrictions are eased. The meltdowns will be devastating.

They are breaking the restrictions set down to beat the virus by the government.

If you don't want to pass their details on fair enough but they will be contributing towards the extension of the soft lockdown and putting the health service under more pressure in the weeks to come.

But of course they know best because the gubbermint are wrong.

The current lockdown won't be extended, easing will commence May 5.

I'm genuinely worried about some of the lads on here when restrictions are eased. The meltdowns will be devastating.

Don't worry John you'll be on a Ryanair flight off to Costa Del Sun well before that happens ;)

The current lockdown won't be extended, easing will commence May 5.

I hope so as it will be a great sign the virus is being defeated. Won't happen though as no sign of that yet.

• Advertisement

We are even further down the road than I thought.

Rapid relaxation through May.

I hope so as it will be a great sign the virus is being defeated. Won't happen though as no sign of that yet.

Tony Holohan more or less said it earlier this evening on the LLS.

Can you be any more pessimistic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Dickie10

some people saying were in lockdown for anoother 2 weeks being announced on sunday eve

Nonsense.
    What planet are you on? Tony H himself, hardly the world’s greatest optimist, was on the Late Late Show tonight and he was in a very upbeat mood. He was “very hopeful” that May 5th would see the start of rollbacks.

But you know better than Tony, right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Dickie10 wrote: »
    some people saying were in lockdown for anoother 2 weeks being announced on sunday eve

Which people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Nonsense.
    What planet are you on? Tony H himself, hardly the world’s greatest optimist, was on the Late Late Show tonight and he was in a very upbeat mood. He was “very hopeful” that May 5th would see the start of rollbacks.

But you know better than Tony, right.

I mean, what are we even doing here commenting in opinions like this, are we masaaad?

They won’t know. They’ll be hiding in their bunkers while the rest of us get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

The "anti lockdown merchants" strike me as being completely miserable and negative with or without C-19. You will find them in after hours once and when this is all over :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Anyone who thinks it's going to be anything other than a very gradual and cautious relaxation is being....overly optimistic to say the least! But it's great to see that R number coming down to at or below 1! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

The Govt. will relax the restrictions on the 5th or the People will take it upon themselves to do so.

Honestly let the people, i just want a vote so the people have no one to blame but themselves if it goes wrong. I dont want 6 months down the line if the place is in a heap people saying..."The gov shuda done this done that" when they get what they ask for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement