Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

jester77 wrote: »
    For everyone over 4 years old, will be mandatory from next Monday when in enclosed places.

How would the mask wearing work out in special needs children, some will wear some not a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Time to mature up and forget about pubs concerts gigs and the like.

Meeting with family and friends with distancing would be so great now. That's what I want.

No what you want is to suggest the youth are to blame. As you did in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

ZX7R wrote: »
    How would the mask wearing work out in special needs children, some will wear some not a hope

Mine is 3 but if they were expected to wear a mask (even from 4 years) I wouldn’t be sending them back in a few weeks, special needs or not. It’s too frightening for them at that age. We’re trying to avoid saying the word “sick” around them at the moment because we don’t want them developing any worry or fear about what’s going on and why things are suddenly different. Not to mention that healthcare workers are reporting facial abrasions from wearing them for extended periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Great to see this thread getting back to some normality after the departure of easypeasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Details haven’t been ironed out here yet, teachers etc found out when we did so they’ve 3 weeks to voice any concerns. The May holiday falls next week for 2 weeks anyway.

Do you mean masks for adults working with children over 4 or for the children? I don’t see how that would be feasible...

Maybe give them funky Batman ones or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

alwald wrote: »
    Great to see this thread getting back to some normality after the departure of easypeasy.

Very brave to mention someone who can't reply

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Not surprised about this. Race meetings were still going ahead right up to the time when the current restrictions were implemented after virtually all other sport had stopped activities of their own accord. The racing authorities seem to consider themselves as more important than other sporting bodies.

The Bookmakers will be desperate to get back making profit. People will gamble online. PP were even taking bets on Bulgarian D3 football. Anything at all to keep the addict going

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Very brave to mention someone who can't reply

He`s not banned...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Restrictions are here til at least July or Aug, best you all get used to it now and enjoy the time with your families.

But some people can't actually see their families. Unfortunately not everyone is stranded on a Waltons mountain type set up.
    Glib statements like this service little purpose. You don't know what might happen come August so best we work in weeks rather than months ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Not surprised about this. Race meetings were still going ahead right up to the time when the current restrictions were implemented after virtually all other sport had stopped activities of their own accord. The racing authorities seem to consider themselves as more important than other sporting bodies.

Do you just wanna kill any bit of enjoyment people may have, its maybe 200 hundred people at a racecourse. Its out in the open, have you issues with live tv shows going ahead right now. You must be outraged at Tubridy broadcasting the Late late every friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I see Leo is getting wheeled out on Prime Time

Be interesting to see what he has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

mandrake04 wrote: »
    That simply won’t happen, if there is any easement of restrictions is going be low risk first and slow stages so people’s behaviour can monitored. Opening pubs/Bars they know everyone is going get leathered and any social distancing is gone be forgot about after the 2nd Pint.

Maybe i worded it badly most businesses open, not pub hotels,cinema,not a hope, but as i said depends how much interpretation can be put in the governments statement the weekend before 5th may.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

Realistically all we can hope for is for the likes of Denmark and Austria to have positive results from easing restrictions and for us to follow suit. The numbers look reasonably reassuring so far but sure we said that 3 weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

growleaves wrote: »
    Mature up?

Young people might like to form families and they can't do that if they can't meet someone. It isn't as immature as it might seem on reflection. There are women whose biological clock is ticking for one thing.

In all seriousness, I have a friend who just turned 36 and is recently(ish) single. She desperately wants to have a family and this thing is going to cost months or even over a year of lost time. She was hoping to meet someone at some point this year, which was pretty realistic before, but it isn't now. I can't see dating properly taking off any time in the next year.

I'm sure some here will say 'ah who cares, having a baby isn't a right' and sure, there are bigger public health issues going on, but it might well cost her really precious time. She was already pretty down and upset as it was, now she's completely alone in her flat for weeks on end with no prospect of meeting anyone or even seeing her friends. People's lives are going to be really, really affected by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

the kelt wrote: »
    To be fair I think a lot of it comes from Leo Varadkar who referenced May 5th as a big day if he like

“What we’re working on at the moment is a plan that will be ready by the end of April-early May in advance of the May 5th big day if you like. And what we hope to set out is a step-wise plan which indicates how we would reopen the country in different steps and what are the criteria that would have to be met to move from one stage to the next.”

Irish Times

It’s obvious we are probably easing restrictions unless the sh1t hits the fan over the next 2 weeks but as to what those easing will be is pure speculation.

One group thinks this is a bad idea and we are all going to die, the other group thinks this is great news and time to party. They then pretty much spend most of the thread trying to “trigger” the other group which is pretty much where the thread has gone whereas the vast majority of people just want to discuss the actual possible restrictions being eased etc and what they means going forward whilst acknowledging the possible issues on both sides.

Nail on the head, there's a cohort of "extremists" on here ruining what could actually be an interesting thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In all seriousness, I have a friend who just turned 36 and is recently(ish) single. She desperately wants to have a family and this thing is going to cost months or even over a year of lost time. She was hoping to meet someone at some point this year, which was pretty realistic before, but it isn't now. I can't see dating properly taking off any time in the next year.

I'm sure some here will say 'ah who cares, having a baby isn't a right' and sure, there are bigger public health issues going on, but it might well cost her really precious time. She was already pretty down and upset as it was, now she's completely alone in her flat for weeks on end with no prospect of meeting anyone or even seeing her friends. People's lives are going to be really, really affected by this.

Well all IVF treatment has been cancelled, which I'm sure is causing a lot of further heartache out there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Would have thought it could be ideal for on line dating with all the free time to meet up with someone when restrictions lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

First ease could be diy retail followed by clothing
    I think pubs venues bookies should be at the bottom of the list for obvious reasons 2021 is not unimaginable ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Hoffmans wrote: »
    I think pubs venues bookies should be at the bottom of the list for obvious reasons 2021 is not unimaginable ...

You might as well open all shops. There's no point in distinguishing between butchers, bakers and candlestick-makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

butchers and bakeries are still open - well where I live anyway

I have been following this thread with interest. working from home has its limits entertainment wise

I posted before what I would like to happen - see my family and friends i.e. remove the 2km restrictions.

agree certain shops and businesses reopen to the public

I posted before about what remains open in my locality - just to recap

shops
    doctors and chemist
    hardware shop
    building suppliers
    coffee shops

other are delivery/collection only but I include restaurants and some pubs in that. Amazing really.

Forgot about butchers and bakeries - still open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hoffmans wrote: »

I think diy retail are making up there own rules, doors wide open all week here, chatting to a Garda in there the other day getting a few bits. I'm glad not to be living in the city anymore.

hmmm there actually sounds like huge differences across the country as to what is open and what isnt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

hmmm there actually sounds like huge differences across the country as to what is open and what isnt

Garden Centre up the road from me is open but doing click and collect, very brisk trade over the last couple of weeks.

I think the rest of the country is looking at Dublin and thinking this is their problem not ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Miss my family bigly (lol). I really do. but we cope.

But even when we can meet up again, there will be an element of distance for a long time I think.

How our lives have changed over four or five weeks all the same. It all happened so quickly.

I know its shocking but we have adapted. Hopefully it will ease

I live in Dublin but from Munster - to be honest there is a fair amount of business open and trading which is great.

is that different elsewhere.

My parents are cocooning so heading out isnt an option for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

On bars and restaurants, Austria reopening from mid may. Opening hours noon-11pm,staff must wear masks,none for customers, pubs and restaurants subject to capacity restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think the rest of the country is looking at Dublin and thinking this is their problem not ours.

I cannot blame you for thinking this.

It is just because Dublin has a huge demographic. I am a Dub BTW.

The Pale and restrictions might come come back lol.

Leo you clown won't admit he fecked up, just say Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Time to mature up and forget about pubs concerts gigs and the like.

Meeting with family and friends with distancing would be so great now. That's what I want.

Ah stop
    Young people are supposed to be young!
    ye have forgotten what its like to be young (or are pretending not to remember)
    either way, you cant put an old head on young shoulders and wanting to reeks of meanness and jealousy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement