Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Garden Centre up the road from me is open but doing click and collect, very brisk trade over the last couple of weeks.

Yep. Same in my area. Hardware/builders providers shop is open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I think the rest of the country is looking at Dublin and thinking this is their problem not ours.

That and the problem is primarily focused on care/nursing homes, and staying within 2km of your own home wont make any difference to that fact

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Leos not doing very well answering the questions the nursing homes so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Lackey wrote: »
    Ah stop
    Young people are supposed to be young!
    ye have forgotten what its like to be young (or are pretending not to remember)
    either way, you cant put an old head on young shoulders and wanting to reeks of meanness and jealousy.

It does. My youth is well behind me but I do remember it fondly. Well done to the youth today for following these guidelines till who knows when, protecting the vulnerable that were never expected to do it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

That and the problem is primarily focused on care/nursing homes, and staying within 2km of your own home wont make any difference to that fact

do you not think a lot of people (non Dubliner) living in Dublin will return home once the 2km restriction is lifted.

I will be once its safe of course and a lot of my friends and family will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

What a useless interview

Absolutely nothing new

Can you tell me anything? No

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Little more clarity on the exit plan, albeit hes short on detail, looks like we'll be given phases and each phase has criteria that needs to be achieved in order to move onto that stage. Review every 2 weeks or so.
    Will be an interesting plan to read when its released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭C__MC

Are we expecting sport at club/local level to return in next 6 weeks?

Gyms?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah stop
    either way, you cant put an old head on young shoulders and wanting to reeks of meanness and jealousy.

I do, and I had a blast, but that was back in the day when the parish priest and the neighbours watched your every move.

Was always a bit of a rebel, but the Ma worried about the neighbours, that was life back then.

Was great fun pretending we were doing the Mass thing. Go out at the time, walk around with mates, time it, and go home.

Our parents were not idiots either and understood. Mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    What a useless interview

Absolutely nothing new

He just doesn't want to give false hope. We all saw what Harris giving opinion did, so if Leo puts dates or details on things now before a plan is released and we dont meet the dates then people just go up in arms. It's a cautious approach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Was great fun pretending we were doing the Mass thing. Go out at the time, walk around with mates, time it, and go home.

We used to stay for the gospel just in case we were questioned about it when we got home.

We used to stay for the gospel just in case we were questioned about it.

Who would ask you about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Trusting people with a killer disease. Lock them up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    What a useless interview

Absolutely nothing new

I wouldn’t say it’s useless. He’s cautiously optimistic and hopeful that some restrictions will be lifted by May 5th. I think he’s right not to say too much either way as people will cling too much to that and then use it as a stick to beat him with if it doesn’t follow through. He’s optimistic and I think a lot of people will feel reassured tonight that there is an end in sight if the figures don’t increase. He would be mad to commit to an answer one way or the other two weeks too early. That’s the shlte Trump comes out with and then retracts a day later having made an almighty fool of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Who would ask you about it?

Mammy and Daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

id say you wil have sheebeens popping up all over rural ireland in isolated pubs fairly soon. i know the two local pubs out in middle of countryside beside me will have special visitors fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

Leo you clown won't admit he fecked up, just say Sorry.

I wish someone would have pointed out todays figures to him.

We now have 3248 covid-19 cases per million population.
    USA has 2458
    UK has 1901
    France has 2421
    Italy has 3043

Source: www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

addaword wrote: »
    I wish someone would have pointed out todays figures to him.

We now have 3248 covid-19 cases per million population.
    USA has 2458
    UK has 1901
    France has 2421
    Italy has 3043

Source: www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

This was pointed out to him. You can’t compare like with like in the middle of a pandemic when so many countries are at different levels of testing. All that shows is we are testing more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Ah stop
    What are you talking about? Young people should act as if they care about society - at some level. I mean they are virtue signalling on line all the time but in practice they don't care about spreading a deadly virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

We used to stay for the gospel just in case we were questioned about it when we got home.

Gospel we were asked about the sermon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This was pointed out to him. You can’t compare like with like in the middle of a pandemic when so many countries are at different levels of testing. All that shows is we are testing more

Aren't other countries also reviewing how they classified deaths also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Except Italy have tested more per million people than us

Ah stop

WOOPS.

ok whatever, just don't infect everyone else. Sayonara.

C__MC wrote: »
    Are we expecting sport at club/local level to return in next 6 weeks?

Gyms?
    Not a chance imho. Maybe later in the year at best.

Also worth pointing out that the US is dependent on each individual to declare deaths to be as a result of covid-19. Plenty of cardiac arrests and the like occurring from people who weren't diagnosed so never made it onto the list of covid deaths. New York retroactively added 3000 deaths as a result of it. But realistically, deaths are actively being omitted. It's an issue across the globe but I realistically think the UK and US are facing a far greater crisis, plus the latter are at different points of the outbreak.

last question - would anyone have an example of whats not open outside Dublin but is in Dublin

Honestly surprised reading this thread. So much open in Dublin I am lucky

my own interest really

Pubs/hairdresser/barbers/salons not included

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I've had word from my workplace (large multinational) that they're putting a plan in place for a gradual return to the office. We are being asked who would like to (or are able to) start returning to the office... I suspect that they've been in consolation with Government officials on this.

And Leo as good as admitted that the phased rollback will begin from May 5th.

It's happening lads. Thankfully. Much to the disappointment of the bunker dwellers on here of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

What are you talking about? Young people should act as if they care about society - at some level. I mean they are virtue signalling on line all the time but in practice they don't care about spreading a deadly virus?

I'm talking about the lack of empathy shown on here to our young people.
    But in your defence there's not a lot of empathy going on anywhere in here, everyone's in attack mode.
    I'm not sure what your talking about, other than tarring an entire generation with one brush.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

alwald wrote: »
    Great to see this thread getting back to some normality after the departure of easypeasy.
    Discuss the topic, not other posters

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

last question - would anyone have an example of whats not open outside Dublin but is in Dublin

Honestly surprised reading this thread. So much open in Dublin I am lucky

my own interest really

Pubs/hairdresser/barbers/salons not included

What do you have open other than supermarkets/food shops, petrol stations and the odd takeaway?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    What do you have open other than supermarkets/food shops, petrol stations and the odd takeaway?

currently open

restaurants - doing delivery or collection
    coffee shops - collection
    hardware stores/diy stores
    builder suppliers
    Pubs - open for delivery/collection of alcohol and food. A fair few
    all takeaways - delivery only with most
    butchers
    bakeries
    bookshops - delivery only
    retail shops are online - eg dunnes stores
    sports shops - open online