Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭road_high

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    I know someone working in a chocolate factory. Still open and operating, with no social distancing. Essential apparently. Of course they can do more.

Would have assumed that production environment to be extremely controlled clean environment and can’t imagine social distancing is that difficult?? Places like that are very automated, large spread out buildings. People wear ppe and uniforms and change coming in and out of work. I worked in a dairy plant before and can’t once remember being very close contact with people to do the job.
    We can’t just shut everything down- what happens the milk going into the factory if it shuts and the farmer milking his cows supplying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

road_high wrote: »
    Would have assumed that production environment to be extremely controlled clean environment and can’t imagine social distancing is that difficult?? Places like that are very automated, large spread out buildings. People wear ppe and uniforms and change coming in and out of work.

Wow my image of those places is clearly way off the mark:p

stream_img.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

BanditLuke wrote: »
    This guy says stay home. I think we should be listening to him not some random guy on Boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejlbCmRJMW4

Ok, so your logic is, don’t listen to this person on the internet, listen to this person on the internet instead

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    I know someone working in a chocolate factory. Still open and operating, with no social distancing. Essential apparently. Of course they can do more.

Name it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Name it.

Wonka.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ITman88 wrote: »
    Ok, so your logic is, don’t listen to this person on the internet, listen to this person on the internet instead

An ICU Consultant v Anon Boards poster.

FFS ITman...I'd expect better from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well Bill Gates thinks he has all the answers so an ITman surely must have some of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

So you think you can trust individuals to be responsible?
    A London-based doctor who ignored orders to self-isolate after showing Covid-19 symptoms has been found dead at his flat near Berlin, causing concern he could have infected other people on his journey from the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/doctor-with-covid-19-dies-in-berlin-flat-after-travelling-from-london

Well Bill Gates thinks he has all the answers so an ITman surely must have some of them...

I have all the answer’s man

ITman88 wrote: »
    I have all the answer’s man

I’m sorry for assuming your gender, I want to make my post gender neutral

• Advertisement

What my point was, is that’s it’s a video on Twitter, don’t believe everything on Twitter, I could definitely (after extensive make up, and elocution lessons) appear to know my job on a video on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Name it.

There’s not many of them in Ireland. Cadbury have two factories I think in Coolock and Kerry or at jest they used to. Not sure if Nestle or Mars do anymore they used to.
    Lots of smaller scale and artisan types like Lir or Lily O’Brien’s around the country after that. Vast majority of our chocolate comes from England and the continent I’d bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Icepick wrote: »

What an utter pr1ck.

How arrogant and loathsome would you need to be to travel to another country, coming into contact with dozens of people, when you KNOW you're sick?

Good riddance to him. Hope nobody else dies because of him.

road_high wrote: »
    There’s not many of them in Ireland. Cadbury have two factories I think in Coolock and Kerry or at jest they used to. Not sure if Nestle or Mars do anymore they used to.
    Lots of smaller scale and artisan types like Lir or Lily O’Brien’s around the country after that. Vast majority of our chocolate comes from England and the continent I’d bet

Ok but still, if it's open and shouldn't be, name them.

Not like your naming the friend

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I love the posts here saying, while I was out today I noticed a lot of people walking and driving past me, why cant they stay at home. Why the **** cant you stay at home yourself ya daft bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

The restrictions are a joke. There are more cars on the road today like a normal day. Why arent the gardai dlomg more checkpoints?

The restrictions are a joke. There are more cars on the road today like a normal day. Why arent the gardai dlomg more checkpoints?

Why were you out on the road if you mind me asking and I very much doubt there were more cars than normal.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why were you out on the road if you mind me asking and I very much doubt there were more cars than normal.

I was driving to work. My company has been deemed an essential service by the government.

It looked like a normal day in Ireland with traffic at a lighter scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Britain have committed to testing 100,000 per week today, if they can. That means they will only have tested 1 million people in 10 weeks time. That is under 2% of their entire population.

The whole testing issue is not going to fix anything. If the Brits can't even test 2% of their population in the next 10 weeks what chance have we got? Think about it, the physical testing aside, the results have to be sent to a lab and then a physical person has to test each and every test. It takes time and resources both human and the physical compounds ( of which there is a limited supply ), there is simply not enough to go around. This testing mantra cannot work. It is getting overemphasised by too many people who don't fathom the reality that it is not physically possible to test everyone. In fact I would estimate that a vaccine will be found before it is possible to test everyone, I am not exaggerating.

Less labour intensive tests will be devised and will be rolled out before a vaccine can be tested.

• Advertisement

It looked like a normal day in Ireland with traffic at a lighter scale.

Ok fair enough, your original post said it was busier which I found strange. Tbh I havent a clue about traffic as I have hardly left my house in 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Gardaí don't have any power to restrict people's movements and a lot of people realise this.

There were more people out and about in Dublin today than last weekend. I reckon these restrictions won't hold unless the Government actually bring in enforcement powers. I'd imagine they are reluctant to do so and are hoping most people abide by restrictions, knowing that a sizeable percentage probably won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

BanditLuke wrote: »
    This guy says stay home. I think we should be listening to him not some random guy on Boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejlbCmRJMW4

I listened to 15 of 20 mins and don’t think I heard him say that.
    Can you summarise rather than just post a 20 min link?

Also , what’s the plan for this year? Stay indoors?!

I love the posts here saying, while I was out today I noticed a lot of people walking and driving past me, why cant they stay at home. Why the **** cant you stay at home yourself ya daft bollox.

I have notice countless post like this since the so called beach fiasco a week ago.

One poster mentioned his usual beach was busy, so in disgust he went to a more remote beach.
    Here he met a few people. He was horrified, and suggested more stringent restrictions.

Am I alone in thinking those attitudes are bats*** crazy

A, no power to stop people traveling

B, Gardai haven't suddenly doubled in numbers

C, real crime is still happening

D, Gardai are also sick

It's not nearly like any other rush hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,689 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

4v36k0jdokq41.jpg

Things are definitely not normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

dont want cars on the road sure setup a page where people can claim their road tax and insurance back for 2 weeks, then deploy guards to check, win win both ways. but as gov goes id imagine tune would change fast regarding getting economy back on track as soon as possible.

A, no power to stop people traveling

B, Gardai haven't suddenly doubled in numbers

C, real crime is still happening

D, Gardai are also sick

It's not nearly like any other rush hour

I thought there was alot of garda recruits being used for the state in these times. Some that almost had finished their training?

I work on the frontline, so I have to work. I have noticed a lot more traffic around the last 2 days. A lot more. Obviously more people are out & about.
    All it will do is cause more restrictions being placed on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

OK that's it, cracks beginning to appear.
    Can someone start up a movement please '#openupthesites' or something, where do I sign?

Need to go back to work now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement