Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Witcher wrote: »
    Yeah and there were 900+ deaths there today and the leader of the country is in ICU with the virus after playing it down. Let's not follow the UK too closely on this one.

The poster you were replying to was speaking about the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

polesheep wrote: »
    Ask Simon Harris. Bar Covid 19 arriving he'd be charcoal by now.

Think of experts as being like your GP. He/She tells you to stop smoking or you will die. You stop smoking for a few weeks. Then the doubts start to creep in. You start to think what's life if I can't have the odd smoke. Very soon you find yourself thinking "Doctors don't know everything."

Bad example. Simon Harris was due to lose his Ministry in a Dail vote, but he was re-elected handily enough eight weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Do burpees in your house so. Don't be increasing the risks.

I can’t. I’ve a disc protrusion and need to walk. I’m fairly remote so it’s grand for me where I am. Might even get away with the challenge above outdoors lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Logan Roy wrote: »
    The poster you were replying to was speaking about the UK.

I'm aware of that.......

I'm saying whatever BS the UK is thinking of doing in the way of relaxation of restrictions shouldn't be replicated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Right lads, I'm logging off. Seeing as it's the only thing we've all agreed on I think we should all masturbate a minimum of once before resuming the debate tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I'm aware of that.......

I'm saying whatever BS the UK is thinking of doing in the way of relaxation of restrictions shouldn't be replicated here.

No you said people shouldn't leave their houses at all to exercise as they weren't supposed to leave the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

KiKi III wrote: »
    Right lads, I'm logging off. Seeing as it's the only thing we've all agreed on I think we should all masturbate a minimum of once before resuming the debate tomorrow.

Myself included.

Will be thinking of ye all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,956 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Still time today to practice

No you said people shouldn't leave their houses at all to exercise as they weren't supposed to leave the house.

They shouldn't...what the rules say you can do and what you should do are two different things. Nobody should to be out atm bar for essentials like food and medical items. Not having a walk won't kill you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Airline industry is utterly finished without a massive bailout. A week of Icelandic ash nearly did for them and that was just northern europe. Were going on three weeks of this now, with 0 customers.

It'll be the last thing to recover and it will be years to get back up to where it was. It's perceived as very high risk for covid 19 and people will choose just not to travel. Business travel will be minimised as companies don't want to expose staff and lots more will be going on via new technology.
    I think there will be a lot of people in the Airline/travel industry looking st new careers.

• Advertisement

They shouldn't...what the rules say you can do and what you should do are two different things. Nobody should to be out atm bar for essentials like food and medical items. Not having a walk won't kill you.

Would you be a fan of exercise in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Jesus from debate to downright anger now to wishing each other goodnight

Is that a sign of a good or a bad thing :pac:

Would you be a fan of exercise in general?

Well considering I ran at least 5K daily...I suppose you could say yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Comment of the week. Sleep well!

Officials in Spain believe 15 in every 16 cases go unreported

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-04-08/spain-to-test-30000-families-for-the-coronavirus.html

Please sweet Jesus be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

ITman88 wrote: »
    If someone said last January, that Simon Harris popularity would skyrocket in 6/8 weeks, I’d of eaten my own underpants.

To be fair to him, the HSE is an out of control monster and any health minister represents the soft underbelly of the existing government. That said, I'm a floating voter with no political allegiance.

Jesus from debate to downright anger now to wishing each other goodnight

Is that a sign of a good or a bad thing :pac:

I think people are just tired of it all at this stage, it's all going round in circles.

never_mind wrote: »
    Comment of the week. Sleep well!

And flick the bean well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Myself included.

Will be thinking of ye all

Please don't think of me while you're doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-04-08/spain-to-test-30000-families-for-the-coronavirus.html

If it is, we are back in business

• Advertisement

Bad example. Simon Harris was due to lose his Ministry in a Dail vote, but he was re-elected handily enough eight weeks ago.

Yes. The first part. The part you seem to have glossed over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cannot get widespread antibody testing soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Been a big believer of this for a while now, worldwide. I'd say the vast majority are showing no symptoms at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How many people on this thread who used work in offices but can now work from home would continue to do so for say three months if it was suggested?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭JRant

If someone said last January, that Simon Harris popularity would skyrocket in 6/8 weeks, I’d of eaten my own underpants.

I still can't wrap my head around why he is seen to be doing such a great job.

PPE for health care workers - fail
    Protecting the elderly - fail
    Adequate testing - fail

That's 3 massive failures alone and himself and Leo need to be held to account for all of them.

It was clear at the beginning that they had no plan going into these phased restrictions and it's also clear they haven't the foggiest on how to get the country out of them.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

This is probably the only time I'll get to call another poster a wanker without being banned;) Good night.

Stheno wrote: »
    How many people on this thread who used work in offices but can now work from home would continue to do so for say three months if it was suggested?

Forever if it was allowed :pac:

Getting more done and finding it more peaceful. Not a fan of our large open plan office rammed with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

No it hasn't actually because that's a f'ing moronic way of thinking.

If the joggers and every other flute out for a jollier stayed in their gaff like they're supposed to as well there wouldn't be that issue. Stay in your f'ing house, out for food or medical supplies otherwise stay in.

But sure open the parks then more people will become infected and more will die..the best strategy according to you.

London is different to other cities in that there are so many people with no outside space at all and very little inside space. Outside exercise is banned in Spain but almost every household there has at least a balcony, and many outside cities have gardens with pools.

Not having any exercise or spending any time outside for up to 2-3 months is tremendously bad for mental and physical health. I'd bet you a thousand euros that you'd soon change your tune if YOU had to live like this.
    Yeah and there were 900+ deaths there today and the leader of the country is in ICU with the virus after playing it down. Let's not follow the UK too closely on this one.

Has it occurred to you at all that almost all of these people who died were infected before the lockdown started? It hasn't even been three weeks.
    road_high wrote: »
    It'll be the last thing to recover and it will be years to get back up to where it was. It's perceived as very high risk for covid 19 and people will choose just not to travel. Business travel will be minimised as companies don't want to expose staff and lots more will be going on via new technology.
    I think there will be a lot of people in the Airline/travel industry looking st new careers.

I'm not so sure. People said that after 9/11 and it was very soon back to something approaching 'normal'. Even the most pessimistic predictions say there should be a vaccine within 18 months. What makes you think it will be years to recover? People these days are used to travelling and they won't give it up lightly. Plenty of people holding onto vouchers for cancelled flights and itching to get away already.

This would confirm the results of the Icelandic studies. It's surely extremely likely to be true. If covid is as infectious as they say, there is no way on earth that there are so relatively few cases in London when all of us were crammed onto crowded tubes, buses and overgrounds until mid to late March.

That would be like Christmas on a beautiful summer's day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

JRant wrote: »
    That's 3 massive failures alone and himself and Leo need to be held to account for all of them.
    It was clear at the beginning that they had no plan going into these phased restrictions and it's also clear they haven't the foggiest on how to get the country out of them.

As is customary in this country, we reward failure and mediocrity, Leo will most likely remain Taoiseach for the next 2 years or so, MM the other half of the next 5 years.
    Holohan has survived previous national scandals and will most likely retire with the sort of pension that most of us couldn't dream of even in full time employment no matter how he manages this crisis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement