Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEPOSCHG US on Personal Account

Options
  • 01-04-2020 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good Evening,
    I've received the new statement and I noticed that every month, since November 18, I have a lot of transactions on my account, they all seem to have this code:
    NEPOSCHG US (around 0.23€ and 0.24€) followed by the code P0112 US all of them around more or less 11.60 up to 11.86€

17 transactions for a total of - 197,03€
    What are these transactions for?

I've been to USA on Sept18 just for 9 days.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Olivmi95 wrote: »
    Good Evening,
    I've received the new statement and I noticed that every month, since November 18, I have a lot of transactions on my account, they all seem to have this code:
    NEPOSCHG US (around 0.23€ and 0.24€) followed by the code P0112 US all of them around more or less 11.60 up to 11.86€

Stands for Non-Euro Point of Sale Charge - is a levy on foreign transactions charged by a bank, passed on by BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jessimoko24

Good Evening,

Seems likes Cross border handling fees.

Usually when I purchase from America this charge is taken out directly after the transaction I made.

If ring your bank they will give you the info on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Olivmi95

Thank you for your answers.

i will get in touch with the bank, wondering if they can fix this problem for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thank you for your answers.

i will get in touch with the bank, wondering if they can fix this problem for me.

As in a refund?

It's not their charge so doubt they will but no harm in asking. Will be in your T&Cs of card use that any charges they receive are passed on to the end party (in this case you).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Olivmi95, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Some of the info above would be correct. 

Charges like this that appear on your account generally relate to a cross border fee/payment. In this case, payments seem to have been made in US dollars. This can be transactions that take physically in the US, or on the internet when a product is being sold in US currency. I have attached a link here to our fees and charges which will give you a little more information on these cross border fees and charges.

You can certainly get in touch with our Customer Service Team either by phone  on 0818 365 365, or by Secure Message on your 365 online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to share more information on these transactions with you. They should be able to give you the name and date of these transactions. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement
Advertisement