Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extra fuel allowance

• 01-04-2020 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how we will get the extra 4 weeks fuel allowance if we are on 2 lump payments ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I'd love to know the answer to this too. Cannot find any information anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Fuel Allowance

The 2019-2020 Fuel Allowance season started on 30 September 2019.

The Fuel Allowance season has been extended from 28 weeks to 32 weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

This means that the fuel season will now end on Friday, 8 May 2020.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/covid19_and_social_welfare.html#l9c4d8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Toxica wrote: »
    Does anyone know how we will get the extra 4 weeks fuel allowance if we are on 2 lump payments ?

Yes of course you will. Added to your main payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

splinter65 wrote: »
    Yes of course you will. Added to your main payment.

But we already had our second main payment back in January.

I guess what I mean is will we get the 4 weeks in one payment or will it be added onto our weekly payment?

• Advertisement

I guess what I mean is will we get the 4 weeks in one payment or will it be added onto our weekly payment?

Your weekly payment is your main payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

I have contacted Citizens Information for an answer to your question and will post reply as soon as I get it. I assume it will be given in one payment with your next social welfare payment. I am a pensioner so will be interested in the reply.

I have contacted Citizens Information for an answer to your question and will post reply as soon as I get it. I assume it will be given in one payment with your next social welfare payment. I am a pensioner so will be interested in the reply.

Thanks, I also emailed the department, I will post here if/when I get a reply.

Well, this is what the department replied....

"We’re not sure yet, but we think it will be a lump sum payable on 22/4/20"

Hope this helps.

Well, this is what the department replied....

"We’re not sure yet, but we think it will be a lump sum payable on 22/4/20"

Hope this helps.

That’s a great help to people. People can’t expect all the Is to be dotted and Ts crossed. Everyone will get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

i believe there is somedates up but i dont know how to link it ,says Jobseekers 13th April if weekly .
    and lump sums from 22nd April .

Advertisement