Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No wifi from modem

• 01-04-2020 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Evening all, I'm getting a signal (eir e fibre) to the modem but it is not distrbuting any wifi.
    Sky box is connected direct to modem and is able to download and there is also an xbox connected and working.
    Only happened today and all had been working together fine up to this!
    Anyone with similar issues or any advice?
    Tried the usual reboot etc to no avail.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Can you log into the modem and check if wifi is enabled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

No WiFi available on the list or unable to connect?

Non of WiFi devices can see/connect WiFi- troubleshoot router. Was there any changes done on router? As above, check if WiFi and SSID broadcasting enabled
    Only one specific device don't see/cant connect WiFi - troubleshoot that device. restart, reset network settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Triboro

degsie wrote: »
    Can you log into the modem and check if wifi is enabled?

Yeah I can look up how to do that,can it just become disabled of it's own accord?
    Same modem for about last 5 years and never happened before.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Triboro wrote: »
    Yeah I can look up how to do that,can it just become disabled of it's own accord?
    Same modem for about last 5 years and never happened before.
    Thanks.

Somebody fat fingered it. Theres a button, depening on model holding it for three seconds disables wifi.

ED E wrote: »
    Somebody fat fingered it. Theres a button, depening on model holding it for three seconds disables wifi.

Its the Eir F1000 and has a wifi and a wps button there alright, dont think either of them was pressed. If it has been pressed and disabled,is it a log in to modem to reactivate? I'm currently waiting on hold to talk to an Eir rep so will see how that goes! Will post results.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Have you been able to log into it?

Cable a computer to it and then follow from the 30 second mark to 60 seconds of this (ignore the font change stuff, also yours being a newer computer will show more adapters but only one will show the info needed, I'd guess it'll be 192.168.0.1 but best to check)

The gateway is your routers IP address. Type this into your internet browser. Login details are probably on the box - I'm sure they can be googled if they've never been changed.

Once in there, find the wireless settings and see what looks out of place. Post some pics and I'm sure we can help.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Just got off the phone with Eir that I contacted via the 1901 number(10 minute of a hold).
    Agent was able to reconfigure my modem over the phone and set me up with a new host and password,so all good again:)
    Agent probably just done what ye were telling me to do via login to modem myself.
    Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Triboro wrote: »
    Its the Eir F1000 and has a wifi and a wps button there alright, dont think either of them was pressed. If it has been pressed and disabled,is it a log in to modem to reactivate? I'm currently waiting on hold to talk to an Eir rep so will see how that goes! Will post results.
    Thanks.

Wifi button, three seconds. 90% chance it was all that was required.

ED E wrote: »
    Wifi button, three seconds. 90% chance it was all that was required.

Thanks,good to know for future reference.

Advertisement