Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Buses retired today

• 01-04-2020 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard there from a mate that a load of buses were put out to pasture today.

Can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Csalem

The only buses I have heard as being actually withdrawn are the final AVs and possibly some of the older AXs.
    As the new timetables require less buses, the the dual door buses are being prioritised for services (like most Saturdays) and the single-door buses are being kept in the garage. Some of them may appear if not enough SGs or GTs but very rarely. I think it is also part of the Covid-19 measures to separate people boarding and exiting the buses.

Long story short, whenever this is over I expect to see EV 100, VT 70, VG 24 back on the road but not AV 420.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yeah, I assumed it was last of the AVs, AXs and VTs anyway.

Never cottoned on about single door during Covid-19 emergency! It's been a taxing few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Csalem wrote: »
    The only buses I have heard as being actually withdrawn are the final AVs and possibly some of the older AXs.
    As the new timetables require less buses, the the dual door buses are being prioritised for services (like most Saturdays) and the single-door buses are being kept in the garage. Some of them may appear if not enough SGs or GTs but very rarely. I think it is also part of the Covid-19 measures to separate people boarding and exiting the buses.

Long story short, whenever this is over I expect to see EV 100, VT 70, VG 24 back on the road but not AV 420.

It's also worth noting that ALL of the major UK Bus Bodybuilding companies have now ceased production.

This will impact upon the current 100 vehicle order from the NTA to ADL,with now very little chance of these vehicles being delivered in Q4 as originally envisaged.

Obviously the situation for the remaining 500 vehicle order is now even more fluid.

So it is abundantly prudent to 'mothball' current vehicles rather than dispose of them.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

There will be some inter garage transfers happening also. I believe Harristown have sent some SG type buses to Summerhill already. This is only a sort term measure until the new SG,s arrive.

Summerhill are due to receive the final batch of new SGs shortly, these will be fitted with extra luggage racks for Airport routes.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Advertisement