Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

The main reason for today's checkpoints is to raise awareness and get people talking, was chatting to a Supt this evening, who spent the day councilling lads on checkpoints, they were getting loads of grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

That post is the weakest thing I have encountered this year. Don't be telling anyone else want to do.

Hay, maybe join the cops, you sound like the perfect fit tbh

Cops now is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Valresnick wrote: »
    Cops now is it ?

Are you just a wind up merchant or do you have an actual point?

Im a 45 year old man who has been lucky enough to have done a **** tonne of **** around this amazing world, you sound like a child frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Are you just a wind up merchant or do you have an actual point?

Im a 45 year old man who has been lucky enough to have done a **** tonne of **** around this amazing world, you sound like a child frankly.

Well, for the next few weeks it better be essential ****

The main reason for today's checkpoints is to raise awareness and get people talking, was chatting to a Supt this evening, who spent the day councilling lads on checkpoints, they were getting loads of grief.

How is shooting yourselves in the face constrictive?

My sympathies to the decent street Garda who are on the pointy end of this nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

People are still sitting in standstill traffic right now on the m11/m50 southbound due to the Garda checkpoint outside Bray.
    Look here.

I've been onto Bray and Stepaside Garda stations, and lodged a formal complaint with the Superintendent over this checkpoint. I was in tailbacks for over and hour and a half this evening after 12 hours working because I'm "essential" (to my companies profits) and when i reached the top of the checkpoint there were no Gardai on site, no Garda cars, and traffic cones and chicanes to restrict and slow the flow of traffic were all left in place.

How do they expect people to get on side with this carry on? I was all for checkpoints, and to be honest wouldn't have minded if a guard had been there checking cars, but what they did there was purely to cause disruption and frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

At the end of day the guards are just following orders and it's Varadka and his many advisers that are calling the shots.

How often do people leave Dublin on a Wednesday for anything other than work? There is cars still at a stand still at a Fassaroe on the N11, its a fecking sh*t show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Absolutely ridiculous, got an emergency call to deliver palliative care meds today, on the N7 for over 45 mins to travel 7kms outbound to get to Kilkenny to just get waived through.

The ****ing irony of it is Dublin has been above level 3 for weeks. Literally a photographer there taking photos at the checkpoint for the PR. Its a shambles

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So ' I'm a Guard' is supposed to end this conversation? That's it?

You are the problem, so get your sneaky squad on my IP address I'm obviously a seditionist.

Are you really a Garda? Very hard to believe, my left bollock is a Garda as well.

To be honest though, not surprising if you are. I expect nothing less than blind obedience from the corrupt.

Threadbanned for this and numerous other posts this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I assume I should be relatively okay for a journey up the N11 at 4:45am and back down again at 6:15m? Will they be operating at that time or should I expect much delays?

• Advertisement

You forgot to ban me....

You don't live in these areas, or know people from these areas, then why are you saying things are quieter, because there number of news articles are down? Seriously?

How pray tell do you know this?

I work in some of these areas and yes, I do know people from them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

You forgot to ban me....

Fixed that now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Drove home there late on the M4 where the checkpoint was earlier near Celbridge - all the cones, signs, lane closures still in place for tomorrow morning.

1 thing that really stuck out was that there was a portaloo in on the verge, so that suggests plans for the checkpoint to be there for quite a while, and active a good few hours a day, unless they plan on moving the portaloo with them as they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

Took the OH 2 1/2 hours from Fonthill to home on the M4, normally 50 minutes. Left at 6.20pm got home 8.50pm. If it's going to a daily thing you would think they would at least open the M4 fully when finished and put the lane restrictions back up when active. This will cause uproar amongst people who need to commute daily to keep the country going.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

It's an absolute joke & complete waste of everybody's time.
    No point complaining to the guard on the side of the road though, his complaints are totally ignored!
    My advice would be to complain to your local TD, Superintendent or Chief Superintendent, they are the only ones who will be heard. If they get enough grief, something will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The checkpoint southbound outside Bray was gone this morning. Wonder will it be back this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

The checkpoint southbound outside Bray was gone this morning. Wonder will it be back this evening?

I was passing it on my way to work at around 6:15am, and the cones and signage were all still in place. Were the cones removed when you were passing?

The Garda bosses got some sense this morning, the N7 South was a bit slow but no queues, the 3 lanes were open as far as I could see and the Guards were flagging down some passers by, stay in the right hand lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WhereAmINow

anyone know what the n11 northbound is like from kilmac onwards, checkpoint wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

anyone know what the n11 northbound is like from kilmac onwards, checkpoint wise?

If your just on the n11 and then off at Loughlinstown and heading into the city its grand, nothing there at all.

Southbound seems to be the target

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WhereAmINow

If your just on the n11 and then off at Loughlinstown and heading into the city its grand, nothing there at all.

Southbound seems to be the target

cheers yeh just heading to loughlinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

nimrod86 wrote: »
    I was passing it on my way to work at around 6:15am, and the cones and signage were all still in place. Were the cones removed when you were passing?

Don't think so, not 100% sure. Hopefully will still be clear this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You couldn't make it up, someone on the Garda traffic twitter feed has just advised the nation its national worn tyre awareness day, nice pic of some unfortunate person in Longford stopped, just amazed there's any spare garda to deal with this and other issues.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You couldn't make it up, someone on the Garda traffic twitter feed has just advised the nation its national worn tyre awareness day, nice pic of some unfortunate person in Longford stopped, just amazed there's any spare garda to deal with this and other issues.

Is that code for we'll be checking your tyres at the checkpoints?
    Maybe this operation is paying for itself as people rush out to tax and insure their vehicles in case they hit a checkpoint.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

I understand that many of them are doing this against their will. But as in any job there are some sh*ts who love being a pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What is the N7 like today westbound out of Dublin? I have to travel tomorrow for work that way and need to plan how long I might be caught in traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

What is the N7 like today westbound out of Dublin? I have to travel tomorrow for work that way and need to plan how long I might be caught in traffic!

Seems if you have a commercial vehicle you'll be fine, nice new special lane for such vehicles, if your a normal person going to work, your goosed I'm afraid, it's part of government strategy, delay & frustrate as many people who are actually still in employment as possible.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

You never know, The road block is just before Junction 5 heading towards Kill from Dublin at the County boarder at Black Church Inn. It was fine this morning but they might decide to have a power trip again and block the road entirely. You just don't know so my advice would be to get off at the Poitin Stil and head down the Kilteel road and back out at exit 5 because the slip road from there back on the N7 is just a few hundred meters after the check point unless they move it but they haven't yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Seems if you have a commercial vehicle you'll be fine, nice new special lane for such vehicles, if your a normal person going to work, your goosed I'm afraid, it's part of government strategy, delay & frustrate as many people who are actually still in employment as possible.

Thanks, might be best to cut through Ballymount, Citywest on through Saggart in that case? Toward Kilteel then onto Junction 6

Advertisement