Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Options

Comments

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Seems if you have a commercial vehicle you'll be fine, nice new special lane for such vehicles, if your a normal person going to work, your goosed I'm afraid, it's part of government strategy, delay & frustrate as many people who are actually still in employment as possible.

Maybe that's the plan to make us quit out jobs due to police harassment and make us all go on the dole to get Government handouts.

There has to be a legal issue here, this is Government/police harassment.

Thanks, might be best to cut through Ballymount, Citywest on through Saggart in that case? Toward Kilteel then onto Junction 6

No that's mad, get off at the Poitin Stil and down the Kilteel road from there or out by Newcastle/Peamount hospital and back out at exit 5 depending where he's coming from. This is the route I took yesterday and it was quite busy particularly at Parkwest/Grangecastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭HBC08

Well they were a bit longer than 45 minute delays but at least its being raised on day 1.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1313908756288339969?s=19

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1313911943418257408?s=19

Is that the same minister Troy who wants to shut off licenses for 3 weeks (he also has a brother whos a publican)? Not really a good way to bring the public with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No that's mad, get off at the Poitin Stil and down the Kilteel road from there or out by Newcastle/Peamount hospital and back out at exit 5 depending where he's coming from. This is the route I took yesterday and it was quite busy particularly at Parkwest/Grangecastle.

AH ok thought the tailback were from J5 to J2

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

The Garda bosses got some sense this morning, the N7 South was a bit slow but no queues, the 3 lanes were open as far as I could see and the Guards were flagging down some passers by, stay in the right hand lane!

Is that not extremely dangerous?! I know people should be travelling at a speed, which allows them to stop safely etc etc, however, all it takes is one driver to see the Garda waving, panic and hit the brakes and there could be a pile up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Anything on the M8 anywhere today anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mackdublin

Are the motorway roadblocks only on the Dublin periphary or do they have similar blocks on motorways further out into the country?

The M4 roadblock at Celbridge this is plain wrong- traffic eases considerably after Maynooth as legitimate travellers head home to Kildare County- positioning it between Maynooth and Kilcock at the Kilcock off ramp would be more sensible -while it’s eased somewhat today, there’s 1000s of workers on that route-and anyway if I wanted to leave Dublin county to head west, there’s plenty of alternatives besides the M4

AH ok thought the tailback were from J5 to J2

No not today, they have free flowing traffic and just flagging drivers down but leaving the road open, they are not stopping everyone today so there's a slow down as you approach but nothing like yesterday.

But my point is that Tomorrow or the Next day you don't know what they'll do.

This is why I really like Amateur radio, I can call up a repeater from the radio in my car and tell anyone on the radio what the craic is on the roads and vice versa, so much easier than looking at a phone while driving for updates if someone is so inclined to do so or wait for updates on the radio which don't tell the whole story. I can also go on the Digital radio network.

For those with no radio a CB radio is great lol even the PMR radios but they only cover a Km in a car, with roof antenna a few kms CB around 15 Kms easy and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

If the Italian or French police pulled a stunt like this there would be riots. Your typical Italian driver lives on his horn at the best of times, can you imaging the cacophany of horns if this happened in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If the Italian or French police pulled a stunt like this there would be riots. Your typical Italian driver lives on his horn at the best of times, can you imaging the cacophany of horns if this happened in Italy.

In Italy and France they'd have actual penalties for leaving your region.
    They've had paramilitary police on the checkpoints.
    Only essential people would be on the roads.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The entire country is under Level 3 lockdown, why is it only Dublin that has these checkpoints on every major route out of the county? Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford dont have any of these checkpoints do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

HBC08 wrote: »
    Is that the same minister Troy who wants to shut off licenses for 3 weeks (he also has a brother whos a publican)? Not really a good way to bring the public with you.

Yes the same chap who had a few driving summons mysteriously dissappear, went missing, we're not served etc etc etc

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Hogzy wrote: »
    The entire country is under Level 3 lockdown, why is it only Dublin that has these checkpoints on every major route out of the county? Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford dont have any of these checkpoints do they?

There has been a checkpoint on the bridge on the way into Waterford. Again, just reducing 2 lanes down to one but mainly just waving people through. As far as I know, nothing on the other approaches to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭kilk

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm currently self isolating as I'm due to undergo knee surgery in the morning. Got to get from Wexford to Dublin later today as it's being done at the Sports Surgery Clinic in Santry. As I'm isolating I should not be winding the window down to speak to anyone....

I'll put my appointment letter up to the window when stopped and see what reaction that gets

Well Beasty, how did you get on at the CPs? Hope the knee is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hogzy wrote: »
    Meath has em on motorways and in towns, think cavan and louth setting up few as well, so def not isolated to Dublin by any means.

whats reckless they setup them during rush hours people collecting kids from schools going in/from work in towns on artery main roads creating massive backlog traffic, and they only seek some pimped out clowns with no tax insurance etc, 0 fck given where one travels. and to come up with idea to do this during rush/work hours one has to be brain dead, as its anger promoting then doing any good.

I’m an essential worker and I don’t mind if I have to sit in my car for hours at a time (even holding in a burrito poo like I did today) I wouldn’t mind as saving even one life makes it worth it.

We need to follow the guidelines, hold firm and put our heads down for the next few weeks, months or years. Whatever it takes is worth it. We are the fighting Irish and will never be beaten

OH dear Lord, what a load of bollocks.

scamalert wrote: »
    Meath has em on motorways and in towns, think cavan and louth setting up few as well, so def not isolated to Dublin by any means.

whats reckless they setup them during rush hours people collecting kids from schools going in/from work in towns on artery main roads creating massive backlog traffic, and they only seek some pimped out clowns with no tax insurance etc, 0 fck given where one travels. and to come up with idea to do this during rush/work hours one has to be brain dead, as its anger promoting then doing any good.

They caught someone earlier with no insurance, certainly not a pimped up clown by the looks of it. Helpful photo on the Garda Traffic twitter feed

OH dear Lord, what a load of bollocks.

:):):)

They caught someone earlier with no insurance, certainly not a pimped up clown by the looks of it. Helpful photo on the Garda Traffic twitter feed

The clown should have taken a back road......:D

• Advertisement

The clown should have taken a back road......:D

I was thinking the same too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Has anyone found google maps live traffic to be reliable enough to show where likely checkpoints are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

lbj666 wrote: »
    Has anyone found google maps live traffic to be reliable enough to show where likely checkpoints are.

Not checkpoints, but traffic jams - to take from that what you will.
    It's pretty accurate.

They're trying to turn everyone against everyone, the pro Government ball lickers working from home against the rest of us who are severely inconvenienced by travel restrictions, Government scum should be removed.

Unlike the USA we have no right to bear arms as a constitutional right and you know what ? damn shame because the Government can walk all over us.

There's a lot more People on the N7 than there are Guards, the Guards are in a dangerous position the more they push People sitting in this traffic, they don't stand a chance against thousands of angry drivers.

Their twitter feed saying 10 minute delay, 5 minute delay? What's the current situation on N7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

cadaliac wrote: »
    Not checkpoints, but traffic jams - to take from that what you will.
    It's pretty accurate.

I am seeing the very obvious traffic jams caused by checkpoints, but hard to know about any on smaller roads. I'm seeing stretch's of road near boarders with no junctions with slower traffic so they potential ones too.

The French and italian police lock places down all the time. Perhaps you heard of covid 19 in Italy? There were no riots and anyone caught out and about got more than advise from the local copper

Their twitter feed saying 10 minute delay, 5 minute delay? What's the current situation on N7

Current situation is very heavy traffic from junction 5 back to Kingswood. Probably a minimum of 1 hr delay.

They're trying to turn everyone against everyone, the pro Government ball lickers working from home against the rest of us who are severely inconvenienced by travel restrictions, Government scum should be removed.

Unlike the USA we have no right to bear arms as a constitutional right and you know what ? damn shame because the Government can walk all over us.

There's a lot more People on the N7 than there are Guards, the Guards are in a dangerous position the more they push People sitting in this traffic, they don't stand a chance against thousands of angry drivers.

Yup are quite the hard man. Head out there so and get the ball rolling.

As for arms, the police in the us have them too. Not sure the free for all has worked out too well

• Advertisement

The French and italian police lock places down all the time. Perhaps you heard of covid 19 in Italy? There were no riots and anyone caught out and about got more than advise from the local copper

Absolutely, my god we think our Gardai are unreasonable, French Police in particular take no nonsense, Spanish police too.

Advertisement