Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Options

Comments

Hold on, you said they were off duty earlier. So were they off duty or in work?

Excuse me? You made a statement, I answered it.

You are taking a and making it b.

It's pretty simple, I go to work, my shift finishes. The people I have worked with for 12 hours walking outside with me does what exactly? All of a sudden it causes issues?

Your being a grumpy ****er now cause it's Gardai. If it was paramedics or firemen you wouldn't be so quick.

It didn't hurt anyone, it didn't cost the state either time or money and if you watch it again you will see the majority was filmed in the workplace where the people spend 12 hours a day with each other anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bubblypop wrote: »
    Firstly, you have no idea when any of those members took part in this video.
    Secondly, public relations and community is a major part of policing.
    Thirdly, you're boring me now and probably everyone else on boards.

Edit, you never ans me earlier, should they stop doing all that 'little blue hero' rubbish too???

The challenge was sent on 15th January 2021. So the video was made within the last 2 weeks. Maybe I should become a detective?

Does Covid not spread during PR events?

They should 100% stop doing “little blue hero” during Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The local gardaí in West Clare have recently taken an intimidatory stance, focusing on trying to scare young people into adherence. Lots of following people around now.

Neighbour of mine was rudely confronted by gardaí at a petrol station last night, enquiring what he was doing and why he drove around town! Simply waiting for a takeaway and went to get fuel. Very police state sounding.

Funny thing is, the cnuts that are actually committing crime and most blatantly breaking restrictions are those who won't be intimidated!

Things such as this really sour people's opinions, and it's only a handful that are doing it.

Excuse me? You made a statement, I answered it.

You are taking a and making it b.

It's pretty simple, I go to work, my shift finishes. The people I have worked with for 12 hours walking outside with me does what exactly? All of a sudden it causes issues?

Your being a grumpy ****er now cause it's Gardai. If it was paramedics or firemen you wouldn't be so quick.

It didn't hurt anyone, it didn't cost the state either time or money and if you watch it again you will see the majority was filmed in the workplace where the people spend 12 hours a day with each other anyway

I’m taking the 2 statements made by you, quoted below. One says they had the right to do it in work, the second one expresses your amazement that people think it was done while in work. Which is it?

If your shift finishes, you go home, as per restrictions. You’re the embodiment of one rule for us, another rule for everyone else.

“You can if you work together and area in the work place at the time.“

“This video and it amazes me this needs saying, was done in their own free time except for possible the horses. It was not done when Gardai were working.“

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭KaneToad

True, it didn't hurt anyone.
    But it cost the state both time and money. It was also non essential.

It was misguided, in my opinion. Not a hanging offence but hopefully not something they'll be repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

They really misjudged the mood of the nation here. Have they no cop on at all? Annoying people going to and coming from work for the last 6 months then they come out with this cringeworthy nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gov.ie restrictions state that you should only be out for work, education, exercise or essential purposes.

“The clear message is that we must all now stay at home, with the exception of essential purposes, in order to stop the spread of the virus.”

For someone who was openly boasting in other threads about flouting the restrictions in December, that's a fierce high horse you've climbed up on over this issue!

I’m taking the 2 statements made by you, quoted below. One says they had the right to do it in work, the second one expresses your amazement that people think it was done while in work. Which is it?

If your shift finishes, you go home, as per restrictions. You’re the embodiment of one rule for us, another rule for everyone else.

“You can if you work together and area in the work place at the time.“

“This video and it amazes me this needs saying, was done in their own free time except for possible the horses. It was not done when Gardai were working.“

Jesus wept man, if you can't understand two separate statements made in reply to two separate allegations, there's not much I can do for you.

The restrictions do not state anywhere that you must leave work immediately by the way

Now again, you can be in the workplace AFTER WORK.

JCX BXC wrote: »

Things such as this really sour people's opinions, and it's only a handful that are doing it.

Absolutely
    Yeah Let’s all dance in the street :rolleyes:

There’s a decent sized wood, just out of reach of the 5km limit by about 2.5 km from our village and guards were out this weekend fining people for taking a stroll there- one of the few places locals can get a decent safe walk away from the drudgery of COVID- and the fakers fine them from being 2km outside limits- feic their dancing - it’s a faking PR bulks1t load of crap

• Advertisement

KaneToad wrote: »
    True, it didn't hurt anyone.
    But it cost the state both time and money. It was also non essential.

It was misguided, in my opinion. Not a hanging offence but hopefully not something they'll be repeating.

How.? How did it cost time or money? Do you, genuinely believe that this was done on duty and using the Garda budget?

Care to buy a bridge, barely used?

Jesus wept man, if you can't understand two separate statements made in reply to two separate allegations, there's not much I can do for you.

The restrictions do not state anywhere that you must leave work immediately by the way

Now again, you can be in the workplace AFTER WORK.

I’ve never seen a Garda station on a windswept beach, that a workplace now? Some fancy “workplaces” in the video.

Do as we say, not as we do, eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

celt262 wrote: »
    Sure ring them up and see what happens.

I gave them a ring and they said they were already aware of one and they’d look into them both. At least I know I tried!

I know some people would say it’s being pedantic and there’s no need to report them, but at the end of the day I’ve found the people who openly break the rules are the same ones who give out that this is all going on too long.

We all need to take some personal responsibility (although I know some people get COVID despite all their best efforts as well), and if people aren’t willing to do it then we may as well report them and hope the Gardai can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

I’ve never seen a Garda station on a windswept beach, that a workplace now? Some fancy “workplaces” in the video.

Of course they were all within 5km of their homes too. :rolleyes:

Embarrassment of a police force.

Everywhere is a garda workplace.
    In a car, in an office, in a house, in the side of a motorway. Everywhere

bubblypop wrote: »
    Everywhere is a garda workplace.
    In a car, in an office, in a house, in the side of a motorway. Everywhere

Not when your shift is over. By definition you are finished work.,

No? Perhaps you saw the post where I said "most" and not "all"?

Our 'workplaces' if you really want to be petty and it seems you do, is everywhere that's a public place and Garda installations and equipment. You see anywhere in the video that matches that description?

Your a hypocrite and as usual, you ignore the parts that don't suit your moaning about ags.

Like bubble, I can see I'm only wasting my own time here

No? Perhaps you saw the post where I said "most" and not "all"?

Our 'workplaces' if you really want to be petty and it seems you do, is everywhere that's a public place and Garda installations and equipment. You see anywhere in the video that matches that description?

Your a hypocrite and as usual, you ignore the parts that don't suit your moaning about ags.

Like bubble, I can see I'm only wasting my own time here

Surely you have to be working for a public place to be your “workplace”? When off duty it’s hardly your “workplace”. The excuses are pathetic. And this an organisation that currently has hundreds of staff out on Covid leave.

Do as we say, not as we do.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/major-concerns-about-garda-covid-figures-as-hundreds-out-of-work-39941084.html

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

How.? How did it cost time or money? Do you, genuinely believe that this was done on duty and using the Garda budget?

Care to buy a bridge, barely used?

The dancing wasn't but everything else seemed very professional.
    Editing and drone footage looks like a PR company was involved.
    Was the drone operator Garda or the same guy allowed travel the country for essentail work?

Break80 wrote: »
    The dancing wasn't but everything else seemed very professional.
    Editing and drone footage looks like a PR company was involved.
    Was the drone operator Garda or the same guy allowed travel the country for essentail work?

It's laughable how hard people are trying here.

Yeah, the commissioner hired a professional pr company, film crew and choreographer

• Advertisement

Surely you have to be working for a public place to be your “workplace”? When off duty it’s hardly your “workplace”. The excuses are pathetic. And this an organisation that currently has hundreds of staff out on Covid leave.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/major-concerns-about-garda-covid-figures-as-hundreds-out-of-work-39941084.html

Gardai are 24/7 baby. It's why we carry our badges and retain our powers at all times.

It's ok though, I have never claimed overtime for the stuff I dealt with when not rostered.

Definition of 'workplace' didn't change by the way. The downright miserable bastard mentality that's coming from you, a person that's openly admitted to breaching the regulations

It's laughable how hard people are trying here.

Yeah, the commissioner hired a professional pr company, film crew and choreographer

Honestly It wouldn't surprise me what people in authority would do in this country at the moment.
    I can see what Garda was trying to do with this but It is just the wrong time

IMO.
    I am really worried Will all these laws remain when we see the end of this ?

Gardai are 24/7 baby. It's why we carry our badges and retain our powers at all times.

It's ok though, I have never claimed overtime for the stuff I dealt with when not rostered.

Definition of 'workplace' didn't change by the way. The downright miserable bastard mentality that's coming from you, a person that's openly admitted to breaching the regulations

Re. my last post. I needn't worry any more.

So there we have it. The rules do not apply to the Gardai. Why not just state that first instead of claiming they were working/it was not filmed while they were working??

Rules are for the plebs, the Gardai can do whatever they want. No wonder no one respects them anymore. Most are glorified traffic wardens.

So there we have it. The rules do not apply to the Gardai. Why not just state that first instead of claiming they were working/it was not filmed while they were working??

Rules are for the plebs, the Gardai can do whatever they want. No wonder no one respects them anymore. Most are glorified traffic wardens.

Except of course when they do something that suits you, like shooting immigrants.
    You're transparent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

What exactly is your issue with this?
    They were too close?
    It was taxpayers money?
    They are outside?

They were socially distanced.
    It was done when shift had finished.
    It was voluntary.
    It was done with colleagues who they spend most of their day with anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Lundstram wrote: »
    They really misjudged the mood of the nation here. Have they no cop on at all? Annoying people going to and coming from work for the last 6 months then they come out with this cringeworthy nonsense.

How have they misjudged the mood of the nation?

A few cranks on boards and twitter does not a nation make.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Lundstram wrote: »
    They really misjudged the mood of the nation here.

Looking at thanks in the Garda Dance Video thread, i don't think its the Garda that have misjudged the mood of the nation. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I’ve heard of two salons in the local area where people are going in the back door to get in and out, so as to not be seen. If I report them to the Gardai, how likely are they to act on it? One salon is so close to the local Garda station, they could walk there in about 15 minutes.

Short, Back and side (Entrance) :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    What exactly is your issue with this?
    They were too close?
    It was taxpayers money?
    They are outside?

They were socially distanced.
    It was done when shift had finished.
    It was voluntary.
    It was done with colleagues who they spend most of their day with anyway.

Do the laws not apply to AGS?

Can me and my colleagues go on a jolly after work? We're in the same office all day. Would AGS take that as an excuse if the six of us went for a walk on the beach after work?? They'd no issue fining people for walking alone on the beach.

Advertisement