Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Sounds like a way to make some easy money from idiots. Think I might sign up an Instagram account myself and start accepting bitcoin from would be head bangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Is this for real, a scam or dick waving BS?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lets-party-hard-organisers-insist-st-patricks-day-lockdown-rave-will-go-ahead-1081999.html

In a series of posts over the weekend, they claimed to have sold 400 tickets.

They also described Covid as a hoax and said they believe the current restrictions will end on March 5th.

ByzpPT5N7M.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Looks like the the Publican in Wexford who hosted the 3 day marquee Wake won't face charges

The corruption in Ireland is on steroids

x3nKDYB.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is this for real, a scam or dick waving BS?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lets-party-hard-organisers-insist-st-patricks-day-lockdown-rave-will-go-ahead-1081999.html

In a series of posts over the weekend, they claimed to have sold 400 tickets.

They also described Covid as a hoax and said they believe the current restrictions will end on March 5th.

All the Guards have to do is buy a ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Looks like the the Publican in Wexford who hosted the 3 day marquee Wake won't face charges

The corruption in Ireland is on steroids

x3nKDYB.jpeg

Did you read the part where people were unwilling to give formal statements?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

papu wrote: »

The dogs on the street in Wexford know why

The family, the local politician and the pub owner: all in bed together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

So is there many garda checkpoints out this days? Like if someone was to travel a cross-country how likely would they be to meet one? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Klonker wrote: »
    So is there many garda checkpoints out this days? Like if someone was to travel a cross-country how likely would they be to meet one? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Ive seen one on the quays in Dublin close to Guinness.

I travel from Dublin to Galway regularly because my sister and I share looking after my dad. Its been two weeks on two weeks off for the past few months. The checkpoint on the quays is the only one I've seen.

Waze app seems to suggest quite a few on the N7/M7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

papu wrote: »

"In person interviews have not been possible due to Covid restrictions" :confused:

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    "In person interviews have not been possible due to Covid restrictions" :confused:

thats utter bolix anyway....i know several,who have given interviews to gaurds over an incident during this present lockdown

Covid is the greatest gift for many of our public servants.

"Despite being a frontline worker, I can no longer do most of my duties because I percieve a risk due to covid" would be a more accurate statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And yet ... FOUR PEOPLE ARE to face prosecution over alleged breaches of Covid-19 regulations over the infamous Golfgate dinner.

https://www.thejournal.ie/golfgate-prosecutions-5357325-Feb2021/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

More proof of what a sham this Government's response to Quarantine of passengers is....

Last time the Garda unions were left unawares of what they'd have to do in order to enforce home quarantine, i.e. would they have to go into people's homes...

And again McEnmakethetea was on Tv lastnight saying the Gards would be involved in the hotel quarantine operation..

The Civil Service must sit in their Merrion St. bubbles, email the minister, get them to go on Tv and make these ideas they come up with!

https://www.thejournal.ie/mandatory-quarantine-3-5357150-Feb2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

On Monday me and my better half had to travel to dublin, from Kerry, for a hospital appointment.
    Was a completely necessary and important appointment. Only checkpoint on the way up was in Castleisland and on the way down only outside Newcastle west and in Castleisland again. Was kinda amazed that I could drive from Kerry to Dublin and only be stopped once. Had the hospital letter to show any guard that asked but the weren't bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,903 ✭✭✭✭elperello

AGS will by definition have to be involved in any hotel quarantine operation.

Neither private security staff nor the Defence Forces if used have the legal power to detain persons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

I have been working nonstop throughout this, traveling 10 miles to and from work in Cork from the suburbs through the JLT and more recently through the the city centre every day and have not once met a checkpoint. In fact I haven't seen a checkpoint in the near 6 years traveling to my current employment.

In those 6 years 2 checkpoints outside of my work route within 2 weeks and bagged both times.

Dogs on the street here know where the Cork gardai set up their stops if someone wanted to avoid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Are the Gardai exempt from level 5 rules lads?
    We have a neighbour who is a guard and they have overnight visitors this weekend from another county.

One rules for the plebs and one for the ruling class...

We have a neighbour who is a guard and they have overnight visitors this weekend from another county.

I fail to see why the occupation is even mentioned. If he was a plumber would you have asked about plumbers?

It's not a crime to allow someone stay in your house. The guest may have breached the travel restrictions but the homeowners haven't done anything wrong.

Curtain twitching at it's finest by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

They're exempt from all rules...

Why they're allowed to use a mobile phone while driving I've no idea.
    Almost 12 months in and Ive still yet to come across a checkpoint. In and out of work every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Rodin wrote: »
    They're exempt from all rules...

Why they're allowed to use a mobile phone while driving I've no idea.
    Almost 12 months in and Ive still yet to come across a checkpoint. In and out of work every day.

Gardai are allowed to use the phone while driving apparently. When they do it it's safe and not a distraction. When normal joe soap does it it its suddenly unsafe and is a distraction.

Makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

I know a guard who in the summer felt sick was tested for covid and in the mean time went to a house party and played in a GAA match. They are brain dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

I fail to see why the occupation is even mentioned. If he was a plumber would you have asked about plumbers?

It's not a crime to allow someone stay in your house. The guest may have breached the travel restrictions but the homeowners haven't done anything wrong.

Curtain twitching at it's finest by the way.

Sorry I didn't see the memo about plumbers policing checkpoints on the roads to ensure the public comply with level 5 restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just worked out the percentage of the population that's been caught for breaking restrictions, it's 0.16% of the population.
    There was a survey published in the north this week where 50% of people had admitted breaking restrictions. I'd assume we could say the same here.

For the Guards to have control of the situation they need to catch another 2440050 people this morning. Safe to say they can't enforce the restrictions even if they tried.

Sorry I didn't see the memo about plumbers policing checkpoints on the roads to ensure the public comply with level 5 restrictions.

again, the relevance of his job and having someone stay in his home which is 100% legal?

Wheres the thread on doctors that smoke?

again, the relevance of his job and having someone stay in his home which is 100% legal?

Wheres the thread on doctors that smoke?

Visitors to home isn't legal under level 5 though.

Stark wrote: »
    Visitors to home isn't legal under level 5 though.

oh yes it is. You can have people in your home for essential reasons and in a support bubble.

theres also a difference between a law and a recomendation. Not all level 5 restrictions are legally mandated. There is no offence committed or penalty associated with a person going to your home unless its under a 'house party'.

Its still a persons private house ffs!

However as I can see this is just another thread where people that cant even spell 'Garda' can have a rant, i'll leave you to it.

I know a guard who in the summer felt sick was tested for covid and in the mean time went to a house party and played in a GAA match. They are brain dead.

I know a Guard who is a member of mensa. They are genuises.

See how that works? I also know a thick electricion. Doesnt mean squat about electricians as a group

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's a pity there isnt a few thousand more of them .Could only be a good thing if more highly intelligent people joined the guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

All the Guards have to do is buy a ticket :D

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/facebook-shuts-down-instagram-accounts-promoting-illegal-patricks-day-rave-1084664.html

Partys over. Good luck with refunds. :D

Advertisement