Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

They can still hold the party. If the Guards had bought a ticket then they would get notified of where & when.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

Fine Gael’s Social Media Spokesperson said: “This week I called for social media companies to move quickly to remove content from their platforms about a planned event billed as a ‘Paddy’s Day Lockdown Rave’ and I contacted Facebook directly about it."

“Facebook has now confirmed it has restricted access to the account in question as the proposed event violates government Covid-19 health guidelines"

Is censorship legal in Ireland? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thats me wrote: »
    Is censorship legal in Ireland? :eek:

Facebook has been at it since the start, they were playing whack a mole trying to shut down any pages relating to our right to peaceful protest. The 5km rule came soon after. That's the elephant in the room the Goverment are terrifed of, once movement is allowed things could change very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Facebook has been at it since the start, they were playing whack a mole trying to shut down any pages relating to our right to peaceful protest. The 5km rule came soon after. That's the elephant in the room the Goverment are terrifed of, once movement is allowed things could change very quickly.

I thought the 2km/5km rule came in because of all the "OMG look at them enjoying the sun and queuing for ice cream in Glendalough" Facebook posts. Despite there never been a case directly linked to being in the outdoors.

Stark wrote: »
    I thought the 2km/5km rule came in because of all the "OMG look at them enjoying the sun and queuing for ice cream in Glendalough" Facebook posts. Despite there never been a case directly linked to being in the outdoors.

Protests were getting bigger and bigger, they have a constritional right to do it, I say the goverment looked at the constitution then picked the route of least resistance and used the public health act to restrict movements.
    Buses were going from all over the country, I didn't go myself but they have my support to peacfully protest.

They've had to put up a secutiy fence around Stephen Donnelys house, i'm in no way surprised they've litreally hijacked the country.
    I want to link to an article published in the examiner this morning about the shennanigans going on by FF/FG at the moment not allowing any oversight to their decisions but it looks like it's been pulled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Protests were getting bigger and bigger, they have a constritional right to do it, I say the goverment looked at the constitution then picked the route of least resistance and used the public health act to restrict movements.
    Buses were going from all over the country, I didn't go myself but they have my support to peacfully protest.

They've had to put up a secutiy fence around Stephen Donnelys house, i'm in no way surprised they've litreally hijacked the country.
    I want to link to an article published in the examiner this morning about the shennanigans going on by FF/FG at the moment not allowing any oversight to their decisions but it looks like it's been pulled.

What protests?

xhomelezz wrote: »
    What protests?

I can't believe we still have to protest this crap protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

I fail to see why the occupation is even mentioned. If he was a plumber would you have asked about plumbers?

It's not a crime to allow someone stay in your house. The guest may have breached the travel restrictions but the homeowners haven't done anything wrong.

Curtain twitching at it's finest by the way.

Same lad and his missus hosted some friends for a dinner party last night.
    Guardians of the peace alright, so long as they can still do as they please....

We decided why be taken for plebs by the establishment any longer, had a lovely walk on the beach today with the kids after waiting long enough.

The NWA said it best, f*ck tha police.

I can't believe we still have to protest this crap protests.

Just a quote from your post..

What was it 5 buses from all over the country?

And you didn't go?

Thank god they got your support.

Another member to join the army of few hundred muppets out 5 million, good job :D

Your counting skills are on par with your reading and comprehension abilities.

• Advertisement

Your counting skills are on par with your reading and comprehension abilities.

No problem at all. We could compare our skills, but I fear we would go as far as who will piss further and I'll give you that one.

You'll win the troll cup that's for sure, welcome to my ignore list, goodnight.

You'll win the troll cup that's for sure, welcome to my ignore list, goodnight.

Finally

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

It is not peaceful protest, just fraud - somebody have collected good money on selling "tickets" to may be thousands for this small indoor party and now theirs business was successfully covered by thid ban :)

I do not support fraud or house parties during the plague.

I just do not understand what could be a legal basis for this kind of censorship. Are we back to medieval approach to destroy texts in fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Overheard on Twitter, people should start recording these, we arent a serious country

https://twitter.com/ChrisCo32791653/status/1363541822358884364

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

silverharp wrote: »
    Overheard on Twitter, people should start recording these, we arent a serious country

5km is only for exercise not tyres. Cop probably having a bad day.

HOWEVER.

We are all in this together and if people aren't taking the piss we need to all be friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Vestiapx wrote: »

If I pick and chose the rules in my job based on how my mood was that day I would be disciplined and eventually fired.

It’s simply not good enough that they seem to not understand the legislation nearly a YEAR into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Vestiapx wrote: »

HOWEVER.

We are all in this together and if people aren't taking the piss we need to all be friends.

Also if true what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If I pick and chose the rules in my job based on how my mood was that day I would be disciplined and eventually fired.

It’s simply not good enough that they seem to not understand the legislation nearly a YEAR into this.

That is of course if it is true I take things written on twitter with a bit of salt especially if it is to make someone look bad over Covid and being overly dramatic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

"Where do you get your news?"

-"from random accounts on Twitter with a first name and a series of random numbers...and one follower...er what about you?"

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    "Where do you get your news?"

-"from random accounts on Twitter with a first name and a series of random numbers...and one follower...er what about you?"

I didnt elevate it to news, but as cops can ruin your day if they are in a "bad mood" ....tell me more

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I didnt elevate it to news, but as cops can ruin your day if they are in a "bad mood" ....tell me more

You posted it unquestioningly, as fact.

You posted it unquestioningly, as fact.

the overheard on twitter should have been your clue to treat it as gossip, the equivalent of my mate Dave said or pretty much any post on this whole site. honestly would you bet a tenner that any personal account ever posted on the history of boards is 100% true?

the overheard on twitter should have been your clue to treat it as gossip, the equivalent of my mate Dave said or pretty much any post on this whole site. honestly would you bet a tenner that any personal account ever posted on the history of boards is 100% true?
    You followed that up with "people should start recording these, we arent a serious country".
    That doesn't indicate you believe it no? Lol

Tell you more about what?
    About how anyone on twitter can post anything they like especially on an anonymous account? I am not sure there is much more to say on it.

gmisk wrote: »
    You followed that up with "people should start recording these, we arent a serious country".
    That doesn't indicate you believe it no? Lol

doesnt it mean I'd like to see more evidence as you cant do much at the moment? as no garda has told me to go to a different Petrol station, or that I didnt get enough shopping on a particular trip all comments here need to be treated as gossip. If I was a betting man I would say that some gardai did make stupid comments to people through the year that stepped oer the mark

some more, Gardai say the darnedest things :pac:

https://twitter.com/AislinnOT/status/1363805386197905413

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Is a social bubble allowed in Level 5?

If a gardai stopped and fined you for non essential travel. Can you just carry on your way or is there an escalation if you continue on the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Is a social bubble allowed in Level 5?

If a gardai stopped and fined you for non essential travel. Can you just carry on your way or is there an escalation if you continue on the journey.

Yes you’re allowed a social bubble in level 5.

Advertisement