Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

HBC08 wrote: »
    The kn@cker in the grey top shooting a firework in the Guards face...That is rightly or wrongly what represents the anti lockdown protesters for the majority of Ireland now.

The real protest was going on around the corner that the doctor boggles linked to was speaking at. Old people in attendance it wasn't anything like the scenes where Stephens Green was cordoned off.
    They weren't lockdown protestors just scumbags looking for a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

The real protest was going on around the corner that the doctor boggles linked to was speaking at. Old people in attendance it wasn't anything like the scenes where Stephens Green was cordoned off.

Did they all fill out a questionnaire prior to arriving? 2 options, Scumbag or peaceful protestor. The ones causing hassle were the ones who ticked scumbag? Is that it yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Your completely missing why the guards should have only been there as observers. It takes two to tango.

What happens next Saturday as there's one planned again. Let them bang their pots and pans, jump in if they start trouble but not until then.

If it's a peaceful protest than all good, pre covid there were peaceful protests on a weekly basis and never any violence. People weren't turning up with fire works and shooting them in the face of the Garda.

How many main opposition parties are supporting these protests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I had thought as much. Many good decent folk were attending this to get our freedoms back. In all honesty it could well have been infiltrated by undesirables, i.e. saboteurs

Did they all fill out a questionnaire prior to arriving? 2 options, Scumbag or peaceful protestor. The ones causing hassle were the ones who ticked scumbag? Is that it yeah?

I'm old-fashioned, tracksuit when not exercising is enough for me to make a judgement.

• Advertisement

Then why were you posting about Garda violence at the protest - you mentioned it first. Your only deflecting away from it now, saying the protest was elsewhere as it suits your agenda.

Nope
    It was right there. All the same area at the top of Grafton st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭Christy42

I'm old-fashioned, tracksuit when not exercising is enough for me to make a judgement.

I am not sure but I would say a bit of riot and scrap is plenty of exercise. They knew what they wanted when going to this event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Running is exercise. These boys are professional firework throwers.

It looked like a protester was hit in the head by a firework, fired by a ponytailed yob. I hope he’s caught and dealt with.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If it's a peaceful protest than all good, pre covid there were peaceful protests on a weekly basis and never any violence. People weren't turning up with fire works and shooting them in the face of the Garda.

How many main opposition parties are supporting these protests?

They were turning violent just before the movement bans, the guards weren't turning up with dogs and batons back then, it was heading that way though as there was a small sinister element involved who just wanted to beat each other.
    Was the one where Izzy got introduced to a flag pole the last one?

FF/FG/SF are all singing off the same hymn sheet hence people are fed up. Normally law abiding taxpayers and scumbags alike.

Guards should make sure it goes off without incident for the majority of people.

It looked like a protester was hit in the head by a firework, fired by a ponytailed yob. I hope he’s caught and dealt with.

What I don't get, if this was a peaceful protest, and that guy who shot the firework was acting on his own - why did no one try to stop him? He was able to walk right up, shoot it twice and then run away without being stopped.

The organisers of the peaceful march and those there were there in peaceful manner should have grabbed him and handed him over to the Garda....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

The Guards made an absolute balls of this. Terrible decision making lead to a complete breakdown in crowd control.

Niall Boylan predicted this before it happened on twitter after the Gardai announced the closure of St Stephens Green which basically crammed the protesters/rioters down narrow streets as well as creating targets. Sometimes the best policing policy is to do nothing but observe from a distance and keep them in an open area. Instead lots of innocent bystanders got caught up in the chaos on narrow streets.

What I don't get, if this was a peaceful protest, and that guy who shot the firework was acting on his own - why did no one try to stop him? He was able to walk right up, shoot it twice and then run away without being stopped.

The organisers of the peaceful march and those there were there in peaceful manner should have grabbed him and handed him over to the Garda....

I would imagine that any genuine, peaceful protesters had taken their leave when they saw the direction the protest had taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,329 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not to doubt the sheer idiocy of these people but do you have any proof of that one.

Absolute vile scum if true

Yes. All over twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Ah he hit another protester - every cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,493 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shoulda woulda coulda.
    Very easy to make judgement calls on a chaotic situation from the comfort of your armchair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,486 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

IngazZagni wrote: »

Niall Boylan predicted this before it happened on twitter

That melted looking cretin who has spent the whole pandemic whipping up the crazies?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Does it not bother anyone that it was obviously a child that handed him the firework or whatever it was? It's our inability to do anything with these ****s from an early age is our problem.

Not particularly.

Thats not really a discussion to be had the middle of whats going on. We can talk about whether Mammy wiped their **** often enough when they're in front of a judge.

In the meantime, my immediate advice to them would be, if you don't like getting a belt of a baton, go the **** home.

Anyway is it over, everyone gone home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

A bit worrying to see the Guards look surrounded, and that only encouraged the yobs.

Boggles wrote: »
    That melted looking cretin who has spent the whole pandemic whipping up the crazies?

Yes him. He gives the crazies a platform but he will always shut down extremist views and any suggestion of promoting violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Strong correlation between low post accounts and those in favor of todays anti lockdown march.

Yes him. He gives the crazies a platform but he will always shut down extremist views and any suggestion of promoting violence.

Nope. If you whip up the crazies and they turn violent you are part of the problem.

You don't get to take the moral high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Have the Garda herded these wasters towards the liffey beating every inch of them on the way and f!!ked them in the liffey.

Firing a firework straight into gardas face.

I pray that scumbag gets the utter ****e kicked out of him.

Well Done to the garda.

The cut of them wasters. Clowns. Brain dead. Tin foil hat heads. No masks. Spreading the virus to the rest of us.

Anti lockdown protesters. Local townies in there too. Jesus I hope the garda bate the heads of yeah.

Like Donald Trump. Or Marjorie Taylor Greene. Or Marie Le Pen.

Yeah we know Niall alright. Spanner.

Boggles wrote: »
    Nope. If you whip up the crazies and they turn violent you are part of the problem.

You don't get to take the moral high ground.

Completely disagree. In my opinion it's the Complete lack of a variety of opinion in the media that has brought us here. The real crazies aren't on niall boylan, they are on closed Facebook groups in their own echo chambers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭HBC08

Hahaha! Wasnt that the the trump defence?

Completely disagree. In my opinion it's the Complete lack of a variety of opinion in the media that has brought us here. The real crazies aren't on niall boylan, they are on closed Facebook groups in their own echo chambers.

He makes a living by preaching to the permanently outraged and weak minded.

But if you think we need of that, that's up to you. I disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

In what world do you think "scientific literacy" constitutes big words?

The airport/5km restriction argument is a lazy and false equivalence. Yes, obviously there's problems with it but if you think a mass anti-lockdown protest in the centre of town is going to do anything other than make the most radical look like martyrs, than buddy do I have news for you.

Edit: is "false equivalence" too challenging for you to understand as well?

It's not an easy burden having to constantly predict the future for boards.ie but I do what I can in the circumstances.

Advertisement