Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

HBC08 wrote: »
    Hahaha! Wasnt that the the trump defence?

I have no idea. I don’t listen to what that buffoon has to say.

This is a thread drift anyway. The guards messed up big time. I have no idea how anyone thought herding a group of protesters down narrow streets was a good idea.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,203 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If they want to be martyrs good luck to them. I hope each and every one of them get a criminal record for this behaviour. Anyone taking part must have known they would be causing trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Beasty wrote: »
    If they want to be martyrs good luck to them. I hope each and every one of them get a criminal record for this behaviour. Anyone taking part must have known they would be causing trouble

I agree. The video evidence is there. They should be reprimanded. Attempted murder of a garda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭almostover

hmmm wrote: »
    A bit worrying to see the Guards look surrounded, and that only encouraged the yobs.

My reaction to all this is the same as when the England fans ripped the seats out of Landsdowne Road in 95. Hope the Gardai gave them a right good hiding. They deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Had a look at the videos, looks like classic SF types. Up the ra, unemployed skanks.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Theres a lot of conspiracy theorists and abti lockdown people support SF , I have no idea why people pretend there isnt that element.

Im sure people who supported or voted for all parties at one stage were there.

SF have nothing at all to do with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

1123heavy wrote: »
    I had thought as much. Many good decent folk were attending this to get our freedoms back.

Not peaceful, just dumb as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I had no problem with a peaceful protest, but what started as a peaceful protest was taken over by certain sections of society who want to protest as much as they can.

Videos' show them shouting at the Garda, lying down in from of Garda cars etc. shooting fireworks directly at Garda.

None of that behaviour is peaceful. What's worse is that will be broadcast all over the news tonight, and people all over the country will see it - and any hope that the organiser of the peaceful element of the protest would gain support country wide just died.

I wasn't referring to the protest, more other Garda checkpoints around the country.

I don't condone the protests one bit.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Darc19 wrote: »
    Had a look at the videos, looks like classic SF types. Up the ra, unemployed skanks.

I saw lads in Leinster tops there. Rugby fans wouldn't be SF voters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Then why were you posting about Garda violence at the protest - you mentioned it first. Your only deflecting away from it now, saying the protest was elsewhere as it suits your agenda.

Your really trying to twist things there and make it personal, rather that accept there was a better way to handle this.
    The first images I witnessed were Guards with their batons held high right in people's faces, it was obvious from that point this was going to end in violence.
    I don't want voilence it doesn't suit the agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Some people are just so desperate for SF to be linked to this.

Marchers today, f.uck the vaccines!

SF - free vaccines for everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

There were loads of innocent bystanders getting caught up in this. People getting coffee in butlers, bewleys etc and the guards forced them back down Grafton street when others were trying to go south from stephens green. Elderly women were involved in the videos too but most likely had nothing to do with the protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Ireland were playing 6 nations match at the time. Dont think many proper rugby fans were at the protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

The types that organised this and previous anti lockdown protests hate Sinn Fein more than dyed in the wool FG voters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What I noticed most was a serious lack of diversity at an of the videos, it seems to be all men - do women not go to these protests?

IngazZagni wrote: »
    There were loads of innocent bystanders getting caught up in this. People getting coffee in butlers, bewleys etc and the guards forced them back down Grafton street when others were trying to go south from stephens green. Elderly women were involved in the videos too but most likely had nothing to do with the protest.

Strange that cause Drunkmonkey says there were old people in attendance at the protest.
    Old people in attendance it wasn't anything like the scenes where Stephens Green was cordoned off.

Strange that cause Drunkmonkey says there were old people in attendance at the protest.

Yes very strange, lay off the cool aid, what age was the doctor for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Your really trying to twist things there and make it personal, rather that accept there was a better way to handle this.
    The first images I witnessed were Guards with their batons held high right in people's faces, it was obvious from that point this was going to end in violence.
    I don't want voilence it doesn't suit the agenda.

It's standard procedure at these kind of events for the Gardai to have the baton drawn and in a 'loaded' poistion.
    It is to discourage public order incidents and also makes it easier to get to if things go south. It is no good reaching and scrambling to get it out of it's holster when things have already kicked off

sugarman wrote: »
    Says it all about the level of intelligence we're dealing with :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1365697574905208832

Someone else had that picture up earlier but someone must have pointed out the difference between “there” and “their”

Killinator wrote: »
    It's standard procedure at these kind of events for the Gardai to have the baton drawn and in a 'loaded' poistion.
    It is to discourage public order incidents and also makes it easier to get to if things go south. It is no good reaching and scrambling to get it out of it's holster when things have already kicked off

At the last protest the guards weren't hostile from the beginning, didn't shut anything down and even let people in so they could peacefully protest.
    Today was handled badly from the start, very bad policing, it was a show of force. They need a change of tactics for the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,434 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

At the last protest the guards weren't hostile from the beginning, didn't shut anything down and even let people in so they could peacefully protest.
    Today was handled badly from the start, very bad policing, it was a show of force. They need a change of tactics for the next one.

What experience do you have in policing large protests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

They need a change of tactics for the next one.

100% agree,

They need to apply full non lethal force in the future.

In the context of a global pandemic where congregations of people have the potential to sustain harm, AGS should clatter them all.

Yeah they should hand out the fireworks instead!

They weren't hostile until that firework went past their colleagues face.
    But I'm sure that lad wouldn't have bothered firing the firework if the Gardai didn't have batons drawn, just coincidence he had it on him at all!

Maybe you should get on to Drew as you know how to organise a policing plan so we'll.

100% agree,

They need to apply full non lethal force in the future.

Regardless if a protestor shoots a firework directly at them?

I would love to see your reaction if you went to work and some lad decided to shoot a firework at your head - would you stay calm and just stand there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Now now, they cant help being less intelligent than you, don't be a bigot.

I would love to see your reaction if you went to work and some lad decided to shoot a firework at your head - would you stay calm and just stand there?

I think you may have picked him up wrong,

He's saying they SHOULD use full non-legal force, ie: batons, pepper spray, etc..

Killinator wrote: »

They weren't hostile until that firework went past their colleagues face.

They were I was watching from a different angle, batons were out before the fireworks at the crowd to the right.

Regardless, they made a mess of it. Tensions were high from the start, the fireworks brought things to a head rapidly and a lot or people scarpered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

A firework? :pac:

Being a soldier with multiple deployments in some sh1tholes, a firework sounds better than small arms and mortars which I have experienced in the past.

But never mind that, have a read of my post again there boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

National party flyer in her hand just to top it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

Theres a lot of conspiracy theorists and abti lockdown people support SF , I have no idea why people pretend there isnt that element.

There's a big right-wing element in SF. It's as if they never read what the party is about.

Advertisement