Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The pair of you are way off the mark I don't think anyone here supports rocket man or attacks on Garda.

What your not doing is suggesting an alternative, Guards won't support the people and will enforce any restrictions the Government ask without question no matter how daft.
    The people from what I gather should also not be allowed to protest ever again.

Where do we go from here, sit back and put our trust in FF after a year or making a complete shambles of the situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,434 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yes they should have just stuck their finger in the end of the barrell, that would have caused the explosion to backfire on the shooter.

At least that's how it works when Bugs Bunny does it to Elmer Fudd.

Seriously no one is going to endanger themselves by interfering when scumbags do scumbag things in public. Same goes for muggings etc. Don't be daft.

Willing to fight for their rights indeed.

Not really as much in the mould of Pearse, Connolly etc. as they like to believe they are these brave protestors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Beasty wrote: »
    I have little doubt some attending today's demonstration had no intention of it becoming violent. However once it turned that way, and in particular the firework incident, they should have left. If they stayed they were condoning thug rule.

Looking at the crowds at that protest today there was probably a few that thought it would be peaceful, but most of that crowd were absolute lowlifes thugs with no intention of having a peaceful protest.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Id imagine the fella who done it, lives in the inner city and is always causing issues in the city. Would have been there for the craic as they say

The pair of you are way off the mark I don't think anyone here supports rocket man or attacks on Garda.

What your not doing is suggesting an alternative, Guards won't support the people and will enforce any restrictions the Government ask without question no matter how daft.

Where do we go from here, sit back and put our trust in FF after a year or making a complete shambles of the situation?

Why would the Gardai stand with protestors whose beliefs are contrary to public opinion?

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1361997977989054464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1361997977989054464%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058066787page%3D103

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Looking at the crowds at that protest today there was probably a few that thought it would be peaceful, but most of that crowd were absolute lowlifes thugs with no intention of having a peaceful protest.

People said that about the lads in 1916 too.

I don't agree with setting off fireworks, but people have the right to protest. 99% of people were protesting peacefully.

As for the idea that the far left were involved, they are jizzing themselves getting €350 a week off the State. People Before Profit fully support the Government and are demanding even more lockdowns and social welfare. They think that their vision of a magic money tree has finally materialised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Oh get down off the cross.

A couple of hundred wasters are not "the people". no matter how much they would like to think so

Also as regards your second point, they were literally allowed to protest today.

However, attacking Gardai, as it turned into, is not protesting, and should be dealt with accordingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Make an appointment with reality, that should be your first port of call.

Witcher wrote: »
    Why would the Gardai stand with protestors whose beliefs are contrary to public opinion?

2,200 people, seriously, you consider that the opinion of the nation.
    It's a question that doesn't tell a whole lot.

There must be some restrictions you think are questionable and have broken outside of work hours. I think the figure during the week 70% of people have admitted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭tigger123

GazzaL wrote: »
    People said that about the lads in 1916 too.

I don't agree with setting off fireworks, but people have the right to protest. 99% of people were protesting peacefully.

As for the idea that the far left were involved, they are jizzing themselves getting €350 a week off the State. People Before Profit fully support the Government and are demanding even more lockdowns and social welfare. They think that their vision of a magic money tree has finally materialised.

It's ridiculous to compare these f*ckwits with the 1916 rising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

And yet you think the idiots today represent de peeple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ok why don't the organizers have public profiles and publicly condemn the actions of that idiot?

The general population who are fed up with the restrictions are never going to get behind and support a faceless group, especially one that pretends to be associated with a political party that it isn't.

You mention FF there - what about the largest party in opposition - SF - why aren't they supporting any rise from restrictions or labour, or even the likes of people before profit - why aren't they putting their names to these marches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There must be some restrictions you think are questionable and have broken outside of work hours. I think the figure during the week 70% of people have admitted it.

Ah you are quoting the mystical "silent majority"

A couple of hundred

200 protestors:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

There have been both anti lockdown and blm protests in many many countries in the past year.

Our versions were very tame in comparison

No big deal really.

Id imagine the fella who done it, lives in the inner city and is always causing issues in the city. Would have been there for the craic as they say

Obviously he's from the inner city - he would have to stay within his 5km sure - he couldn't have travelled in from Blackrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

tigger123 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous to compare these f*ckwits with the 1916 rising.

In fairness their IQ is between 19 and 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

2200 seems a stretch, but sure we'll take you at your word.

2200/ 4,974,853

= 0.04% of the population of RoI

= NOT THE PEOPLE

Perhaps do some research on sample sizes as compared to population and see what population size a sample of 2200 would be reliable for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

No big deal really.

Ask the person who had a rocket fired at their head today do they consider it a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Perhaps do some research on sample sizes as compared to population and see what population size a sample of 2200 would be reliable for.

Self selecting samples with a particular 'interest'?

We saw on the videos what they were 'reliable' for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

A couple of scumbags gaining traction on Twitter with the edited version of the video, where it looks like the Guards just attacked a mob for nothing

Are full on scobies with heads on them like junkies on Twitter a thing now?

I thought they only knew how to use FaceAche and WhatsApp groups

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ok why don't the organizers have public profiles and publicly condemn the actions of that idiot?

The general population who are fed up with the restrictions are never going to get behind and support a faceless group, especially one that pretends to be associated with a political party that it isn't.

You mention FF there - what about the largest party in opposition - SF - why aren't they supporting any rise from restrictions or labour, or even the likes of people before profit - why aren't they putting their names to these marches?

They'll be arrested is probably the first reason but your correct it's not organized which would turn a lot of people away from getting involved, I forgot about the yellow jacket, can't see Big Ben putting his neck on the line but I'd say he has a fist in it somewhere.

SF are playing politics, Mary Lou just needs to say very little and she's got a chance of being Taoiseach. No doubt she'll kick off when restrictions start lifting in the north and start calling out our guys for incompetence.

Don't forget PBP and a few more of them give up some of their salary to help with protests etc.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    A couple of scumbags gaining traction on Twitter with the edited version of the video, where it looks like the Guards just attacked a mob for nothing

Are full on scobies with heads on them like junkies on Twitter a thing now?

I thought they only knew how to use FaceAche and WhatsApp groups

Dunno how people can look at twitter for these sort of things, boards hard enough:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

200 protestors:rolleyes:

Watched a bit of this nonsense on sky camera Web cam which covers the GPO, o connell Street etc. At best there was 100 moronic muppets, maybe 2 silly looking placards and bemused people looking on from the sidelines.

I saw some twitter footage earlier of what could best best described as bangers being let off.

An entirely embarrassing episode of idiotic fools who've clearly nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon, disgraceful carry on.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Reddit Ireland is comedy gold today
    Saw some lunatic walking around Grafton Street at midday shouting that “BioNTech is poison” and “Would you leave your kids with Jeffrey Epstein” which illustrates the coherence of many of the wet-brains there today.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭McHardcore

545227.png

If these folks were just putting themselves in danger, I would be fine with it.
    The issues is that these anti-vaxxers, anti maskers and anti-lockdown fools are putting the rest of society in danger by spreading the virus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsw4fFSGhjs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Didn't go dirextly for him says she despite the video showing some huge fcuker burst straight though the crowd's line directly towards him like the parting of the Red Sea. I think these Twitter dopes think we can't watch these videos for ourselves.

That one is an absolute lunatic. She used to be a traffic warden in bundoran but was fired. Lost the plot then. Started stalking and harassing council staff, had a restraining order taken out against her. Absolutely bat **** crazy.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

They'll be arrested is probably the first reason but your correct it's not organized which would turn a lot of people away from getting involved, I forgot about the yellow jacket, can't see Big Ben putting his neck on the line but I'd say he has a fist in it somewhere.

SF are playing politics, Mary Lou just needs to say very little and she's got a chance of being Taoiseach. No doubt she'll kick off when restrictions start lifting in the north and start calling out our guys for incompetence.

Don't forget PBP and a few more of them give up some of their salary to help with protests etc.

Haha this has NOTHING to do with Mary Lou or SF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

GazzaL wrote: »
    He'll be on the Late Late Show next week.

Obvious failed attempt at deflection there.
    Garda has firework fired at them and this is your response?
    Morallly bankrupt.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement