Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,434 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

GazzaL wrote: »
    99% of people were peacefully protesting. Some extremists on here want to label everyone who protested as drug dealers. Unless every drug dealer and their mother travelled to Dublin today, that's complete bollocks.

[Citation Needed]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I estimate at least 250k worth of North Face and Canada Goose jackets in those videos alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

99% of people were peacefully protesting. Some extremists on here want to label everyone who protested as drug dealers. Unless every drug dealer and their mother travelled to Dublin today, that's complete bollocks.

We can all agree they are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Witcher wrote: »
    [Citation Needed]

Get a citation for everyone pictured being a drug dealer and come back to me.

The chef in Kerry that wants to open his restaurant must be a drug dealer. Is his tomato soup infused with crack cocaine?

So if I'm correct the story is now that the scum were out in Dublin today fighting the good fight on behalf of the SME owners. This story is ever evolving, stay tuned for more.

'GazzaL is at the scene with more updates on this fascinating story...Gazza'

a718664062a9480c3c99b5a5a39a4251.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Ah it doesn't tally with your beliefs so it's useless. Cool.

You're the one using an opinion poll of 2,200 simply because it agrees with your opinion. A poll of 2,200 people on a national issue is completely useless.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Get a citation for everyone pictured being a drug dealer and come back to me.

The chef in Kerry that wants to open his restaurant must be a drug dealer. Is his tomato soup infused with crack cocaine?

Please quote the post where I stated anyone in these photo was a drug dealer.

We can all agree they are scum.

I condemned the people that used fireworks, I also condemn drug dealers. The idea that everyone that was protesting is a drug dealer is nonsensical.

Drug dealers are cleaning up at the moment because people want to escape from the reality of never-ending lockdowns. Why would they be protesting?

Akesh wrote: »
    You're the one using an opinion poll of 2,200 simply because it agrees with your opinion. A poll of 2,200 people on a national issue is completely useless.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

As I said, do some research on sample sizes and how they scale to population sizes.

Come back when ya have that done.

I worked for a major polling company for 10 years. Come back to me when you know what you're talking about.

I don't think swilling the bogs counts as working for a polling company:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

All the SME business owners, all the self employed, they're all scumbags for wanting to work and earn a living to provide for themselves and their families. :rolleyes:

LOL

SME's have official lobby groups to bat for them, which would be more effective than an SME owner anonomously wombling around Dublin in a crowd, surrounded by idiots. You are certainly mistaken and your "justification" for this is as weak as puppy sh1t, your deflection is even worse.

The right to protest is a wonderful thing and I support it when it is justified.

However, the amount of absolute idiots who cannot see the difference between this type of protest and others is astounding.

This is not an autocracy or a theocracy, we do not have a serious issue with the suppression of human rights in Ireland.

These sustained measures by the government has always been directed towards preserving life, not about locking you in your gaff for eternity for 'da lolz'.

To protest against that is f.ucking retarded. This is global, this is not Paddywhackery of Ireland unilaterally conducting inhumane treatment of its citizenry.

The simple fact is, brace yourself, there's a contagious virus out there that spreads from person to person by human contact or in close proximity.

It wont go away on its own y'know.

If you are pissed off with restrictions, you are a complete clusterfcuk of a human being if you believe protesting is going to solve it.....if anything, it could prolong it.

Nobody should be protesting, nobody should be travelling....THAT is absolute bollocks.

Were you out there today?

LOL

SME's have official lobby groups to bat for them, which would be more effective than an SME owner anonomously wombling around Dublin in a crowd, surrounded by idiots. You are certainly mistaken and your "justification" for this is as weak as puppy sh1t, your deflection is even worse.

The right to protest is a wonderful thing and I support it when it is justified.

However, the amount of absolute idiots who cannot see the difference between this type of protest and others is astounding.

This is not an autocracy or a theocracy, we do not have a serious issue with the suppression of human rights in Ireland.

These sustained measures by the government has always been directed towards preserving life, not about locking you in your gaff for eternity for 'da lolz'.

To protest against that is f.ucking retarded. This is global, this is not Paddywhackery of Ireland unilaterally conducting inhumane treatment of its citizenry.

The simple fact is, brace yourself, there's a contagious virus out there that spreads from person to person by human contact or in close proximity.

If you are pissed off with restrictions, you are a complete clusterfcuk of a human being if you believe protesting is going to solve it.....if anything, it could prolong it.

Many (most!) SMEs are not represented by official lobby groups.

We have one of the strictest and longest lockdowns in the the world. We are a laughing stock, the rest of Europe are looking at Ireland with incredulity.

COVID deaths are a fraction of total deaths in Ireland, there are far more serious issues to address. If we're going to shut down the country because of COVID, we might as well ban cars, ban "essential" takeways, off licences, fast food, and enforce mandatory diet and exercise regimes for the entire population.

COVID is not going away, you are a complete fantasist if you think we can make it dissappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

[CITATION NEEDED]

Am I doing this right?

It's hilarious watching the virtuous amongst us only seek evidence when it doesn't agree with their argument.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

sugarman wrote: »
    Says it all about the level of intelligence we're dealing with :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1365697574905208832
    The front of it is also a treat..

https://twitter.com/IrlagainstFash/status/1365751061475131393?s=19

What do the reptilians want with the kids I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Is there any evidence that the person who initiated the violence was a protester and not an agent provocateur?

It proved extremely convenient for the Gardai to clear the streets and discredit the protest by the action of one individual.

RTE have selectively shown the firework being fired but edited out the baton charge.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

m1ppe61xz1k61.jpg

They'll look more like this than Seymore Skinner though

7864a13d0f01142da51f3e0ca09cbdd4.jpg

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Is there any evidence that the person who initiated the violence was a protester and not an agent provocateur?

It proved extremely convenient for the Gardai to clear the streets and discredit the protest by the action of one individual.

RTE have selectively shown the firework being fired but edited out the baton charge.

'Your hat sir'

4fwqw7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

An agent provacateur? I think you've seen too many crap movies.
    This is absolute nonsense utterly without foundation.
    You are spreading scurrilous rumours, nothing more.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

gmisk wrote: »
    The front of it is also a treat..

https://twitter.com/IrlagainstFash/status/1365751061475131393?s=19

What do the reptilians want with the kids I wonder?

It's mad. But I kinda want one of those T-Shirts. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

No they didn't. Its on their website and the news right now. As for the false flag theory leave it in the conspiracy theory forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tony EH wrote: »
    It's mad. But I kinda want one of those T-Shirts. :pac:
    The Q-anon themed hen party look...so...hot right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

LOL

Nonsense, why does Ireland have the toughest restrictions in Europe?

Stopping life and destroying our economy is worth protesting about. I know it is difficult for the zero covid nuts to comprehend but the vaccine isn't a silver bullet and doesn't solve the problem of future mutations.

A little bit of information and trying to be virtuous is a very dangerous thing.

You might think that these restrictions are necessary but others can disagree with that, this is a democracy and not Nazi Germany or China.

If your goal is to preserve life then why aren't you calling for lockdowns for the 200-500 that die from seasonal flu every year? Do their lives not matter? Lockdowns would equally prevent the spread of seasonal flu.

The "nobody can die from covid" crowd really need to do their homework on their logic before pontificating to others, particularly in a way that demonises others for expressing their view in a democracy.

Move to China if you don't like the opinion of others.

I condemned the people that used fireworks, I also condemn drug dealers. The idea that everyone that was protesting is a drug dealer is nonsensical.

Drug dealers are cleaning up at the moment because people want to escape from the reality of never-ending lockdowns. Why would they be protesting?

Where were you today, and how good is business these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I worked for a major polling company for 10 years. Come back to me when you know what you're talking about.

Were you let go because you don't understand how polling works?

No, go back to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The country is laughing at them

And a couple in this thread too

https://twitter.com/WhispersNewsLTD/status/1365702817265164296

I like opinions, just cant abide idiocy.

Gatherings = potential transmission = potentially more cases = longer lockdowns.

Protests may add to the issue they are protesting about.

Its dum-dum politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nonsense, why does Ireland have the toughest restrictions in Europe?

Stopping life and destroying our economy is worth protesting about. I know it is difficult for the zero covid nuts to comprehend but the vaccine isn't a silver bullet and doesn't solve the problem of future mutations.

A little bit of information and trying to be virtuous is a very dangerous thing.

You might think that these restrictions are necessary but others can disagree with that, this is a democracy and not Nazi Germany or China.

If your goal is to preserve life then why aren't you calling for lockdowns for the 200-500 that die from seasonal flu every year? Do their lives not matter? Lockdowns would equally prevent the spread of seasonal flu.

The "nobody can die from covid" crowd really need to do their homework on their logic before pontificating to others, particularly in a way that demonises others for expressing their view in a democracy.

Over 2000 have died here from covid and that's with lockdowns. How many do you think would have died without it? And how does that nimber compare with the seasonal flu figures you claim?

The flu comparison was done and lost last year. It's just nonsense now.

Advertisement