Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

theballz wrote: »
    Ask the person who had a rocket fired at their head today do they consider it a big deal.

Compared to what is happening in some other countries rhus scuffle was very minor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Supposedly firework man at 6:55. Is he laying it on a bit thick? Should be easy enough to find him either way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Just looking at those twitter videos

Is that meant to be a “right wing” crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭jams100

Mimon wrote: »
    There's a highly transmissible deadly virus pandemic.

People need to stay the fk home for another few months. I'm sick of it but that's the way it has to be.

If they want to protest come up with something different. Gathering in crowds is braindead.

Is it just for another couple of months though? (Genuine question). We still don't have a plan as to when we are going to open up...there's already talk about the need for restrictions next winter.
    There's a lot of people, like myself, who didn't go to the protest but are disillusioned with the direction we have taken. (5k, golf/tennis still being closed etc.).

So, when the over 70s and medically vulnerable are vaccinated why then are our leaders still seeing the need for many restrictions? What is the target here? To have zero infections, zero deaths or zero hospitalizations?

There's already good evidence on the vaccine front in nursing homes, why aren't nursing homes allowed one visitor per resident right now with masks?

I do feel that some people have become physiologically damaged by these lockdowns that they feel safe in a never ending lockdown.

On the issue of the firework, that person is an absolute s***bag.

I hope TDs see the bigger picture here that people are absolutely fed up at this stage and that activities that are relatively safe like golf and tennis where there is a maximum of 2 per group should be opened up straight away. Sure even with construction basically open cases have been dropping so that obviously seems safe enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

sabat wrote: »
    Supposedly firework man at 6:55. Is he laying it on a bit thick? Should be easy enough to find him either way...

Guard was lucky he was wearing his hat at 8.10, looks like a bottle of heineken.
    Not many in a light hoody and jeans watching both videos, they probably know him well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,140 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus the hard men ran very fast. Big men until it gets tough.
    The guards didn’t have to do much to make them run away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

They would run even faster if there was a line of police dogs and horses charging at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If that is him, he's very lucky that he didn't do any serious harm to the Garda - as could be argued that it was a pre-mediated attack, and not just the spur of the moment, as in he singled out a particular garda

Flicked through some of it, and towards the end you hear lads shouting shame on your to the garda and that there are kids there. Imagine being a father (because there a f**k all women there), and bringing your kid into a highly charged environment where majority of people knew there was a high change of some sort of violence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So they should have attacked and got their skulls cracked with batons and a couple of years inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Best quality I can get from YouTube clip

Looks like the same guy

The Guards have him either way

ScreenS2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jams100 wrote: »
    Is it just for another couple of months though? (Genuine question). We still don't have a plan as to when we are going to open up...there's already talk about the need for restrictions next winter.
    There's a lot of people, like myself, who didn't go to the protest but are disillusioned with the direction we have taken. (5k, golf/tennis still being closed etc.).

So, when the over 70s and medically vulnerable are vaccinated why then are our leaders still seeing the need for many restrictions? What is the target here? To have zero infections, zero deaths or zero hospitalizations?

There's already good evidence on the vaccine front in nursing homes, why aren't nursing homes allowed one visitor per resident right now with masks?

I do feel that some people have become physiologically damaged by these lockdowns that they feel safe in a never ending lockdown.

On the issue of the firework, that person is an absolute s***bag.

I hope TDs see the bigger picture here that people are absolutely fed up at this stage and that activities that are relatively safe like golf and tennis where there is a maximum of 2 per group should be opened up straight away. Sure even with construction basically open cases have been dropping so that obviously seems safe enough

A lot of what you say I would agree with and many would, but the main problem that I have with the protest today is that it was organised by a faceless few - they don't have any public accounts and it's all behind closed FB groups. Why not be open about it and put your face on a public twitter profile, and then they can condemn the actions of those idiots, instead the thugs are linked with the protest, whether that was the intention of the organisers or not.

He's looking at 2 meter square extended lockdown I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

gmisk wrote: »
    Is thrash good or bad?.....
    Kids these days and their slang terms!

I find it still very funny 0.25 million followers is pretty decent so other people still find it amusing I am guessing.

Dope is meant to be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Get Real wrote: »
    Yeah, I believe that's the same guy. Also, while no guard approaches him, he approaches them and says "you fat b%strd, tell your wife I'm gonna smash your face in", at around 7mins, put that together with the firework, and isn't it a grand day out, for a horrible individual.

He went prepared for trouble and he didn't even have the brain power to wear a mask

ShineOn7 wrote: »

ScreenS2.jpg

Versus

ScreenS3.jpg

from 6.50 on in the vid he warns the Guard "tell your wife you love her"

As in "you're dead"

If I can do this with YouTube clips then the Guards with access to street CCTV definitely have the scumbag

And, as per some reports, they have

They must have very clear picture and his name floating around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Doesn't bother me what politic direction these people claim to be from, the extremes are all scum anyway.

The problem here is that the laws created by the legislature i.e. our politicians and exercised by our sympathetic judiciary will ensure there will be very soft convictions, if any convictions at all, given out for what happened today.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    lads shouting shame on your to the garda and that there are kids there. Imagine being a father (because there a f**k all women there), and bringing your kid into a highly charged environment where majority of people knew there was a high change of some sort of violence.

Worse, in my opinion, is the knacker that actually brought a dog with her. Dog looks terrified. They're such worthless people. Not a string of decency or dignity between them.

545270.jpg

ScreenS4.jpg

https://twitter.com/OtooleOfficial/status/1365778200639512576

We got him

Let's hope the Guards have too

He's only a kid ffs. I wonder if the people behind today's protests got a kid to do this nasty part knowing he mightn't get a heavy sentence?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

scum1.jpg

scum2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Very clear footage going around

gSbR35.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Get Real

And in the midst of it all, this. The guards interacting with two kids, probably calming them better than the parents who brought them there.

(a photo posted by a commenter on a thread on rte twitter, but children blurred here for privacy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I hear some guy in one of those videos "Don't feed the trolls! Don't feed the trolls!" I wonder was it a boardsie :pac:
    Also a load of them cheering on some guy who's blaming the whole thing on the freemasons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

kggWPuT.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

It's always the case. Always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭mobby

Firework Scumbag man won't care bit he's been photographed, probably 50 plus previous up before judge Nolan will get a suspended sentence. more than likely a hero to his mates. Should be done for attempted murder.

Tonight in this thread sort of reinstated my faith in Boards

Lately it has been over run with blatant trolls and/or fans of G*mma, Walters and Gilroy who have signed up to do nothing but brigade posts and cause hassle on here

I can spot them a mile off

But tonight on this thread the vast majority of us were - rightly - aghast at today's events

The scumbags won't win

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Whilst the person who fired the firework committed a criminal act and behaved like a thug and I will condemn that individual. The Garda response can only be described as utterly atrocious. Closing St.Stephens Green defied any reasonable logic.

This meant the crowd was being crammed into a much smaller space on Grafton Street which could only be seen as a provocation meaning far worse consequences if there was to be any any trouble at the protest which did happen.

If the protest had have been allowed to take place in Stephen's Green as originally intended the chances of trouble would have been reduced as 1. Stephen Green is larger open space meaning the chances of a crush were far lower and any individuals seeking to cause trouble could have easily been identified, removed and arrested. 2. Closing Stephen's Green was a provocation which only sought to anger protestors further thus increasing the possibility of trouble.

Conclusion whoever made the decision to move to close Stephen's Green today should resign from their position in AGS. This decision risked the safety of members of AGS, the protestors and members of the general public who may have gotten caught up in today's events. Quite frankly it was lucky no one was killed today and that is no exaggeration and most of the blame has to be put down to the incompetence of AGS.

Advertisement