Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Killinator wrote: »
    Why do you keep downplaying it. It wasn't some 12 year old kicking his football into his neighbours yard.

She's been charged with dangerous driving so far which does carry possible prison and more charged may be preferred when she gets to court

I understood that if situation in Gardai chase endangered lives the Gardai disengage from chase.
    How come they were unable to stop her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I hope the guards don't spare the batons tomorrow if a mob congregates in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I understood that if situation in Gardai chase endangered lives the Gardai disengage from chase.

Mod

Improve the standard of your posting in this thread or stop posting in it, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,935 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I hope the guards don't spare the batons tomorrow if a mob congregates in Dublin.

Nothing like the lust for violence.

Proud of yourself?

Zebra3 wrote: »

Proud of yourself?
    So you think a crowd should be allowed congregate?
    A yes or no answer is all that's needed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Proud of yourself?

Mod

Both of you quit it, or you will lose your posting privileges in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

There’s a little thing called right to protest, whether you like it or not.

We aren’t Iran or North Korea.

There’s a little thing called right to protest, whether you like it or not.

We aren’t Iran or North Korea.

So, should a crowd be allowed to come from more than 5km away and congregate tomorrow? IMO no, what's yours Yes or No?

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6709396/gardai-dundrum-ballymun-children-failed-stop-gardai/

Second time. Luckily for the two children that were found in the car, not all the Gardai in Dublin had been transferred to Leitrim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

the real dan breen would be ashamed you were using his name

• Advertisement

paw patrol wrote: »
    the real dan breen would be ashamed you were using his name

Dan Breen wouldn't be seen dead with the crowd of knobs that will be on display tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Hopefully the same today.

No mass gatherings under level 5

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Improve the standard of your posting in this thread or stop posting in it, please.

What is wrong with i said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

I'm not gonna bother but to say that every time you say you 'unserstood' or 'assumed' something about Garda policy you have been wrong!

I'm not gonna bother but to say that every time you say you 'unserstood' or 'assumed' something about Garda policy you have been wrong!

So you on "a forum" which for me is where people compare ideas/information and you refuse to take part... why???
    What use are you to people who are interested in what is going on?
    I stated on the info available to me, others say i am wrong but cannot tell me where, i would love people to that seem to know tell what happened in all of this but it seems no-one wants to put forward views.
    Please put forward your version of what happened.
    It seems you likely know all of it?
    We are really interested in the view of all here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

3 Gardai at a checkpoint outside Glasnevin cemetery this afternoon, none of whom were wearing masks. I despair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

So you on "a forum" which for me is where people compare ideas/information and you refuse to take part... why???
    I stated on the info available to me, others say i am wrong but cannot tell me where, i would love people to that seem to know tell what happened in all of this but it seems no-one wants to put forward views.

Mod

Do you recall this post from this morning?

Baggly wrote: »

Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

3 Gardai at a checkpoint outside Glasnevin cemetery this afternoon, none of whom were wearing masks. I despair.

How long have you been stalking The Duffer ?

:p

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

Do you recall this post from this morning?

Your "the boss" you want to silence the members you be redundant....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,935 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Were they out in the open air? If so, why despair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

I'm not engaging with you because of you are, as I've stated already, blatantly misrepresenting that incident with the female failing to stop for Gardai and leading them on a pursuit across a couple of counties.
    You treat it like it was on the level of someone throwing a fag butt out their window (which is still sh*t)
    So if that is your point of view and you have already proven you are not for turning then it is not worth my time, or yours, for me to further try and draw blood from this particular stone.

Were they out in the open air? If so, why despair?

If you have to ask....

Weren't they outside? Socially distancing from the cars?

They are stuck in stations and cars with their colleagues so mask outdoors isn't much use between them.

Weren't they outside? Socially distancing from the cars?

They are stuck in stations and cars with their colleagues so mask outdoors isn't much use between them.

Until they come up and stick the head in the window asking your your destination and why you aren't at home watching Netflix.

An asymptomatic maskless garda at a checkpoint has the potential to spread the virus far and wide.

I met a Garda checkpoint outside carlow town a few weeks back. Trousers hanging off him , shirt sticking out and no mask. Very unprofessional Was more interested in my job than covid

Until they come up and stick the head in the window asking your your destination and why you aren't at home watching Netflix.

An asymptomatic maskless garda at a checkpoint has the potential to spread the virus far and wide.

This is true but they don't need to stick their head in and again, you presume. I'm not deaf,I can hear the person from 2 meters away

This is true but they don't need to stick their head in and again, you presume. I'm not deaf,I can hear the person from 2 meters away

Some come to the window on the passenger side, are polite and courteous.

Others are rude,arrogant and unprofessional.

Same as all professions I suppose

Edit: in fairness the vast majority are polite and courteous

I'm not engaging with you because of you are, as I've stated already, blatantly misrepresenting that incident with the female failing to stop for Gardai and leading them on a pursuit across a couple of counties.
    You treat it like it was on the level of someone throwing a fag butt out their window (which is still sh*t)
    So if that is your point of view and you have already proven you are not for turning then it is not worth my time, or yours, for me to further try and draw blood from this particular stone.

And i was going to send you a card for our National Holiday.

You keep wanting to talk about the girl out for a spin and i think you should leave well alone...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And i was going to send you a card for our National Holiday.

You keep wanting to talk about the girl out for a spin and i think you should leave well alone...

Mod:

Warnings don't seem to work with you

Threadbanned

On a very busy road like this with traffic on both sides (and it’s 2 lanes on both sides) you won’t. And they were sticking their heads in. And 2 of them were standing right beside wash other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

On a very busy road like this with traffic on both sides (and it’s 2 lanes on both sides) you won’t. And they were sticking their heads in. And 2 of them were standing right beside wash other.

what kind of idiot would get a garda stick their head in your car? :confused:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement